Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-12-17, 3:24pm
Meg*

Default Leopard bead tutorial request

Could I please request a leopard bead tutorial?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Stuff 3/23
Old 2007-12-17, 3:37pm
I speak Murrini!

The full cat or just the pelt/skin type? If it's just the "skin" coloration and effect, I'll find Ross' tutorial on YouTube and post a link here for you.

EDIT: OOPS!!! Ross has a "Tiger Stripe" tutorial, not a Leopard! Sorry about that...just for fun, though - I'll post the link here...if you email him, he might be able to help you, too!

Here's the Tiger Stripe Bead link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGzoiFiaiEo

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2007-12-17 at 3:41pm.
Old 2007-12-17, 3:56pm
MomOnAMission

I use a base of dark ivory, dk transparent rootbeer dab on, melt in, then I take a intense blk stringer & drag blobs around the rootbeer melted in dots.
encase in clear or a light transparent topaz. Clear as mud? I will try and make some tonight & post them tomorrow. Hope this helps ya
Old 2007-12-17, 4:02pm
Meg*

Thank you all for the help! It is greatly appreciated!!

New Stuff 3/23
Old 2007-12-17, 11:53pm
glass nerd!

Cant wait to see those pictures. How about a giraffe anybody?

Old 2007-12-20, 11:56am
Anna Duhame

There is a bunch of ways of doing giraffe (this is my favorite because it is so easy!). You can make a round of ivory and then apply dots of dark brown in straight vertical lines (so that when they melt in they get squareish). Another method is to make a dark brown bead and then use ivory stringer to create irregular square shapes.

These are some of my giraffe beads made the first way (these were the first I made like this ):

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction...ction_id=57890

I think Becky Mason makes really great animal prints, this really helped me when I was starting out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/arch.../t-225248.html

These were made by Becky's sister Diane, they are FANTASTIC, and I believe the giraffe print was made using the second method (it does look better). (go down to the wild animal lozenges)
http://www.angelplay2007.com/animalbeads1.html

Last edited by hummingbird3172; 2007-12-20 at 11:59am.
Old 2007-12-20, 1:19pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, that tutorial on WC is awesome!!!! I'm gonna have to try that - the Pink Leopard is extremely lovely!!!!

Thanks so much for posting!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2007-12-20, 1:39pm

I use a base of Dark Topaz glass. Make a twisite of black and white stringer, sillvered stringer and goldstone stringer
Melt the stringers into the base and just move them around to give them some pizazz. Then I add little bits of lines of the goldstone and silvered ivory. Encase with clear and add some Dk Topaz glass here and there.
This is how they turn out. Sorry for the crappy pic.
Irene

Old 2007-12-20, 6:14pm
Meg*

Thank you all for your help. I have a customer that was asking for some leopard beads and I figured I would ask the BEST (you guys) for some help. Thanks!!!

New Stuff 3/23