Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Old 2006-08-06, 8:23pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default Simple Dangle Lampwork Earrings.

I don't see many jewelry making tutorials here. But I thought I'd share one for all the jewelry makers here. Using some basic jewelry making techniques, I found that I could make some pretty cool dangle earrings using just 2 similar sized/color lampwork beads, some crystals and other findings too. Going through my wonky beads it was a bit difficult to find 2 similar sized/color lampwork bead. So I used a couple of bead that one of my students gave me (made by: Tonnia Pierce of Culver IN). She used some swirled orange stained glass to make these and I just love the color variations so I had to do something special with them. Anyway, here's a link to the Simple Dangle Lampwork bead tutorial.
And, here's a picture of the dangles I made. If you try this style, please post some pictures here. I'd love to see some of the different variations you could come up with.
Have Fun!!!
J.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-06, 9:11pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

wow - thanks for posting this - they are very pretty!
Old 2006-08-13, 9:14pm
Just Me

Thanks Jeanette!! I like these! ~Barb
Old 2006-08-15, 10:50am
I WISH I had that figure!

I don't have a pic but a nice earring I make is a decorted lentil on a headpin that is attached to a short (1" to 1.5") chain which is in turn on an earwire. Makes a nice dangle and the swinging transluscent bead is quite pretty (IMO)

My eBay auctions:
Old 2006-08-15, 12:55pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Simply gaaawgeous Jeanette...I've got a simple one too, but no pics, cause I suck...but...

I've been wire wrapping one bead onto the end of a chain with about three links, and then another one on a chain with about five links, and then attaching them to the earring...simple simple...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-08-23, 11:58am
Pincel de Fuego

Smile Here are some of mine...

These are some of mine.

What I did to make them the same size/shape is I made them on the same mandrel (the last few when I started to catch on on how hard it was to find similar ones)

/
/
Old 2010-08-24, 6:59am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegrafuct View Post
These are some of mine.

What I did to make them the same size/shape is I made them on the same mandrel (the last few when I started to catch on on how hard it was to find similar ones)
Very pretty!!! I just love dangled earrings.

J.

Old 2010-08-24, 1:44pm
Somewhat out there!

Thank you Savina
Old 2010-08-24, 3:43pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Thank you Savina, I have wanted to make ear rings for a loooong time, I think this will finally give me the push on a tush!
They are pretty!