Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-08-29, 6:59am

John Kobuki might be coming that man is my idol, that would just be icing on the cake! Going to pack up the rest of my stuff today, and the Canadian girls are leaving tomorrow. We will spend one night in Seattle then on to Eugene on Weds. Yippee see you all there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-29, 7:11am

Have tons of fun and post lots of pictures! Love and hugs to all!

Old 2011-08-29, 9:21am
I'm meeeeelting

Woo hoo! We're leaving for Portland this morning and will be in Eugene on Wed. Can't wait!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-08-29, 11:33am
Wonder-wench

ack, I forgot the buy a blow hose with swivel assembly! Is there anyplace local in Eugene I can pick one up?

Old 2011-08-29, 12:04pm
I'm meeeeelting

Winship is in Eugene. They're a GS vendor so you may want to call and see if they have it and can bring it to EGS for you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-08-29, 6:50pm
Wonder-wench

Arrow Springs is going to drop ship it to me care of Glass Stock West at the EGS. Hopefully this will work out.

Old 2011-08-29, 9:12pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I am so ready. I got my Glass Stock hat.

Name:  035.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  36.6 KB

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2011-08-29, 11:21pm
Type ZZZ personality

Happy Birthday Miss Deb!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-08-30, 8:25am
Wonder-wench

leaving tonight for the drive up from Cali to Oregon. Had to put my old dog to sleep today (cancer), so I'm feeling weird, very sad about my sweet Misha and yet excited for Glass Stock.

Old 2011-08-30, 8:47am
I like to melt things

I am restless with anticipation knowing that Penny and Deb have left the valley and are on their way here. I guess I'd better finish packing and eat something, but how to kill the next six hours?

-
-
Old 2011-08-30, 10:08am
Type ZZZ personality

I'm so sorry Elizabeth! It's really hard but for the best. Some glass therapy will do you wonders. Can't wait to see you!

Old 2011-08-30, 10:09am
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
I am so ready. I got my Glass Stock hat.

Attachment 116192
Perfect! Fits your personality.

Old 2011-08-30, 9:31pm

CAN'T SLEEP too excited

Michelle
Old 2011-09-06, 9:10am
Wonder-wench

it was awesome! must now recuperate, will post a few pics later.

Old 2011-09-06, 7:13pm
I'm meeeeelting

Another awesome, awesome Glass Stock. I can't wait to paint more enamels and practice making blown shells. I loved the slightly smaller size this year. It was great to get a chance to talk with several people that I hadn't done much more than cross paths with in past years and to meet some of the newbies. I promised to take a ton of pics and totally flopped at that, though. Teaching 3 classes made me a busy, busy girl. Thankfully, others did a better job on the photog front.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2011-09-07 at 12:27pm.
Old 2011-09-06, 8:10pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I am SOOO exhausted. What an incredible time.
My head hurts from all the things I've learned and
played with. Don't forget to post your pictures to
The Facebook Group - Glass Stock! And post pics of
The finished items you made in class too!!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2011-09-06, 10:12pm
Angel's Mom

What Karen said. I'm dead tired but full of new ideas!

I peeked in on a few classes I didn't get to take at the next tables over (Kumihimo, Felted things with Doretha, etc...) and can't wait to see what next year brings!

Talented teachers and students! Thanks everyone for all of the hard, hard behind the scenes work!!

Kris
Old 2011-09-07, 5:58pm
Wonder-wench

Posted a few pics here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...00fb13d&type=1

Old 2011-09-07, 6:46pm
I'm meeeeelting

Awesome pics, Elizabeth!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-09-07, 7:07pm
Wonder-wench

but wait, there's more! Posted pics of finished stuff from classes and a gorgeous Polly Bettencort Dragon Marble. (see link in my post above)

Old 2011-09-07, 9:10pm
I'm meeeeelting

Nice work! My shells came out ridiculously thick, but I'm happy that they look like shells. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow. It was a great class, as was my other class -- Margaret's vitreous enamels class. I need to do some more work on the beads I painted, though.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-09-07, 9:59pm
Wonder-wench

Felicia, pictures! I want to see your pretties!

Old 2011-09-07, 10:04pm
I'm meeeeelting

Okay, I'll try to take a pic or two tomorrow.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-09-08, 9:44am
Type ZZZ personality

Another fantabulous GlassStock on the books!!
I always think there's no way it's going to be as great as
the years before but it always is! And better!

It was so great to see everyone and meet new people.
And of course learn new things. It is frustrating to not be
able to take every class, but that's one of the things that
keeps me coming back every year. One of about a million!

I have pics on my Facebook page and will put some in the
GS group, too. I may have a few more I didn't get around
to posting.

Miss you all already!

Old 2011-09-08, 12:49pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

What a rockin' GS it was this year!! Thanks so much to Deb, staff, Hugh, and all the great techs for pulling off another great event!

I'm all recharged and ready to work. Well, after I clean my mess of a studio, that is.

Old 2011-09-08, 8:58pm
I'm meeeeelting

It'll be another day before I can post pics of my shells. My camera battery was dead, dead, dead.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-09-08, 10:58pm
I like to melt things

I had a great time again!

Thank you everyone for being you and working so hard to make it such a success!

-
-
Old 2011-09-10, 7:46am

Lisa I know what you mean about feeling recharged I have so much energy I hardly touch the ground when I walk. lol Absolutely the best holiday I have ever had I hope I can make it next year. I know I met allot of people at the gathering that post here and I am having a hard time connecting the two so if I have met you and we had a connection (and it was fun) join my face book page (Works in Glass) send me a message anything we need to keep in touch. Off to the studio I go I am making "day of the dead" marble for Rich who lurks in the marble room. deb t... one of the trio from Canada

Old 2011-09-10, 11:12am
Wooohooo,GS!

A super warm, sweet hello to everyone

GS was a BLAST, as always great folks, great ideas flyin' around and the generosity this year was incredible, everyone pitched in to make it ,again, the best year yet!

I am worn thinner (lol) with EGS FO and GS back to back but WOW, I am so LIT! I still have half a dozen folks here at the "Crowley Compound" working on sponsor items and showing Doretha how to fuse in record time, poor girl. They decided to stay a few more days and play. We are working on some graal pieces for sponsors today.

I want to take a minute to say THANK YOU to everyone for attending, staff, techs, attendees and officers. It takes our whole village to make this great and again, we end up making the GS family bigger. I am indebted to you ALL for your contributions to the event, your auctions items, your sponsor items and most importantly, your devine, combined energy! Also for the wonderful birthday and GS gifts, I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family of friends! Doretha and Dave even redecorated my entire bathroom for my birthday, the last room I hadn't had a chance to do myself, thank you Dr. Meow and Deow!

MUCH glassy love, BIG hugs and sweet everythings, you all make my year bright!
deb and the GS west team

Old 2011-09-10, 11:50am
Lovin the Lampworker life

Default Glass Stock Rocks!!!!

Hi everyone from the Crowley Compound this is Dr. Meow LIVE! In Ring 1 we have Shawn Tucker in the motorhome in the driveway working on a goblet top and foot for a graal piece, in ring 2 we have Pat (deb's sonny) and Dan P. working on WOW AMAZING BORO STUFF (Wink Wink) huge flames and manly man torchwork!, in ring 3 we have Deb Crowley and Dr. Meow with their heads together working on some Kaiser Lee Board fusing and slumping a beach cottage scene sconce piece!!!! Ring 4 just set to start is boro torchwork with Deb teaching Dr. Meow ocean sealife!!! I am the luckiest girl in the world!!! Glass Glass Glass!!! I don't want to go home! Found a vet to work for me Sunday night, changed my flights so we could stay an extra day and a half and finish the sconce piece!!! Anything for glass, right? Thanks to everyone especially Deb Crowley for birthing Glass Stock so we can all get together once a year and share and have glassy fun!!!!
Meow!!!!!!

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Carlisle Mini CC, Lucio Burner and Hellcat, on tank oxygen