Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2013-09-02, 9:51am

Default Camera Question

I should probably put this is the dark room too, but I think more people read these threads. I have a Nikon D90. Seriously all I use it for is taking pictures of beads and flowers. It is acting strange and probably needs some repairs. Trying to figure out what is going on is a trial by fire. I am not willing to put much money into fixing it. So I am asking for suggestions for a good small camera with auto focus, macro abilities and not a zillion bells and whistles. Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-09-04, 6:09pm

Given where you are, I would suggest that you go to Murphy's Camera and look at what is available these days. There are several cameras from Nikon and Canon that will meet your needs (and more). As we are just across the river from you we are familiar with the "above and beyond" service at Murphy's. Take some beads and flowers with you and they will let you try out the cameras that feel best to you.

You might also take the D90 with you and have them look at it. It may be something simple that they could take care of quickly. Or if it needs to go to Nikon they can tell you what the costs are and you can make the judgment as to repair vs replace.

Fred

Old 2013-09-04, 9:09pm

Thanks, Fred. I did take my camera to Murphy's and it was "operator error"...thank heavens! Murphy's is a great store!
Harriet