Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-05-03, 12:30pm

I arrived in London this morning and no one on the trip wore face masks or gloves. And I didn't see anyone coughing, etc. I had a mask with me but didn't take it out. The bathrooms were amazingly clean. And I was in the air just 6 hours!! It took longer to get to the airport and checked in than it did to fly across the Atlantic! London is beautiful!!
Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-03, 12:32pm

Mike from Sicly I hope I get to meet you. I have some questions about Sicily!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-03, 12:43pm

Hi Paula
it will be my pleasure meet you.

Monday morning 11th may i will meet Mike Frantz,then i believe all day i will be toghether him until 3.00/3.30 pm.

I will be happy to reply you at all your questions.

About my written english, i am not so praticed but if you will speak slow i am sure we will understand.

Then excited to meet you.

ciao

"secret of success?...passion & experience"

Old 2009-05-03, 3:32pm

Thank You Mike. I am eager to talk. My Grand Parents were from Melilli. I will be in Venice the same time you are! Caio!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-03, 6:22pm

WOW - can't believe that we are going on this trip in less than 48hrs. now. I'm getting so excited. Need to double check my packing, making sure to leave enough room for things to bring back......
Old 2009-05-03, 6:28pm

Can't wait to meet everyone..... in the air in less than 48 hours.
Old 2009-05-03, 8:54pm
M & D Designs

Me to, I am ready to go.
Old 2009-05-04, 4:06am
BeadsonCypress

I am in the second group (may 12th) PLEASE guys from the first group, if you can post anything about anything, we wanna know.....I am getting soooooo excited!!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-05-04, 7:27am

I can tell you that London is freezing. I need to go buy a coat tongiht. Hopefully Italy is warmer!! I would bring a small back pack if you have one. Much easier to carry stuff around with you while sight seeing..

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2009-05-04 at 10:18pm.
Old 2009-05-04, 9:24pm

Hi paula
Melilli is near Siracusa and near the sea.
Are you able to talk italian language?

ciao

"secret of success?...passion & experience"

Old 2009-05-04, 10:18pm

Hi Mike. I learned Italian in High School many years ago and forgot most of it! I do remember some nouns but didn't study up on the verbs!
See you soon!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-05, 3:33am
BeadsonCypress

Those of us in the second group want MORE information!! I have packed two light weight sweaters and a light jacket...will I need heavier clothing? I checked a weather site and they claim 55-70 degrees F, is what to expect!

Old 2009-05-05, 5:57am

Today is the day. See you tomorrow!!!
Old 2009-05-05, 2:57pm

Cypress we are not there yet!! Tomorrow!!
I am leaving London thinking "What a great place for the Cullen's to live! "
I have not seen Sun in days!!
See ya soon Jen!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-07, 10:17am

Cypress...Here is my best female POV advice. Take half of the stuff out of your suitcase right now!!.. You have to drag your suitcase for miles over cobblestone streets to get to the apartments . Need I say more??
Also bring a back pack to drag stuff around instead of a purse... Mike had us all over Venice Today including Vittorio Constantini's Studio and tomorrow we go to Effetre. Murano is Magico...
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-08, 3:25am
Knob Creek Glass

Send pictures, please!!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-08, 7:36am

it really is wonderful. murano is very quiet.... venice is crazy busy. the glass is amazing.
Old 2009-05-08, 9:12am

This is the best trip ever! Mike knows everybody.. Today we toured effetre, handpicked glass, and then spent lunch time and the afternoon with Luccio!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2009-05-08 at 2:03pm.
Old 2009-05-08, 9:48am
In spite of it all!

If I was the jealous type.. I would be! Sounds like you guys are having a blast and who better to go to Italy with then the KING of tour guides! Hope you all are having fun, learning lots and don't forget to get lots of pictures so the rest of us can live vicariously. lol

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-05-08, 2:04pm

We all have lots of photos to show for when we get home...
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-08, 2:11pm
In spite of it all!

Thank you Paula!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-05-08, 7:15pm
BeadsonCypress

I'm all packed!! Leaving Tuesday evening! I've got the Garden Apt...so whoever is in it now....get ready. It's going to be my turn!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I never thought it would get here,....I can't wait (favorite restaurants? hints? Neat glass? I wanna know!!!

Old 2009-05-08, 7:37pm
Pyro Tyro

Buon voyage Susan, et al. Have a fabulous time.

Old 2009-05-08, 9:43pm

Smile

My favorite pizza on Murano was eating at the Navagerro restaurant (right there by the Navagerro vaporetto stop). Also, check out their tiramisu!! HUGE big fluffy chunk-o-cake!! YUM
!

You should go to Burano. Two fabulous restaurants there that are a 'treat' (not cheap but worth every euro!) are Da Romano and Il Gato Nero. But you have to like fish and sea food..... that's their specialty! Fish does not get any fresher then on Burano, the fishing island as well as being know for it's lacemaking.

Buon viagio, tutti!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-05-08 at 9:46pm.
Old 2009-05-08, 10:00pm

We are going to Burano tomorrow and have reservations for the negro Gato..
Old 2009-05-08, 10:11pm

Quote:
I'm all packed!! Leaving Tuesday evening! I've got the Garden Apt...so whoever is in it now....get ready. It's going to be my turn!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I never thought it would get here,....I can't wait (favorite restaurants? hints? Neat glass? I wanna know!!!
A few more tips. I love Italian coffee but it is too strong for some people so you may want to bring your own. Also I have not see crystal light yet to flavor my water...Oh yeah. The apartments do have a computer and wireless so you don't need to drag a laptop if you don't want to!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2009-05-08 at 10:33pm.
Old 2009-05-08, 10:13pm

Quote:
My favorite pizza on Murano was eating at the Navagerro restaurant (right there by the Navagerro vaporetto stop). Also, check out their tiramisu!! HUGE big fluffy chunk-o-cake!! YUM
!

You should go to Burano. Two fabulous restaurants there that are a 'treat' (not cheap but worth every euro!) are Da Romano and Il Gato Nero. But you have to like fish and sea food..... that's their specialty! Fish does not get any fresher then on Burano, the fishing island as well as being know for it's lacemaking.

Buon viagio, tutti!
Thanks for the restuarant name!! Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-09, 10:51am

Smile

Hey Paula, if you go to Da Romano, in Burano, be sure to order the fish risotto and the fried shrimp!!! OMG!!! NEVER in your life, have you tasted such delicious morsels of shrimp! They are not big, kind of like small longostino or crawfish size but the texture and flavor, Mama mia!!! You will have died and gone to heaven! Take a peek into the kitchen if you get a chance..... very cool chefs. The place is right on the main little central drag with all the lace shops and other tourist places. Can't miss it.

Il Gato Nero is off the beaten track, but also worth the visit.

Man, wish I was there
!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2009-05-09 at 10:55am.
Old 2009-05-09, 10:59am

Quote:
We are going to Burano tomorrow and have reservations for the negro Gato..
You'll love it! I've eaten at Il Gato Nero every year, but this one, as I tried for the fist time Da Romano. Just remember to take your time eating, as this is how they serve anywhere in Venice... very laid back and you almost have to beg for your tab.

Be sure to have the dessert.... delish amoretto pudding with amoretto biscoti! Light and airy... you can tell it has lightly folded egg whites.

I tell you, I can't rave too much about restaurants in Venice (not necessarily my favorite cuisine), but I definately can about these two places in Burano! They become my one main 'treat' anytime I head over there.

Old 2009-05-10, 12:58pm

Negro gato did t work out. Mike n paula went to cipriani's on burano. We came back and ate on murano.