Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2012-12-18, 7:15pm
I'm not Barbie.

Long ago I bought a bunch of pre-made goldstone stringer. One day I pulled it down to a very thin stringer and it sparkled like crazy. So now when I need some and I don't have any of the rock on hand to make my own I pull down the stringer and it looks great. If you have some, try it, see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by fyrebeadz*; 2012-12-20 at 7:47pm.
Old 2012-12-19, 7:19pm
sunscreen me baby

I do the same as Sue. I bought tiny rectangle goldstone beads I use in various transparents. I heat up a big gather of clear (or color) and plunge the tiny bead into it, seal the hole and pull.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-12-19, 7:52pm
I think I could be a bead

Where do you find the beads?

Old 2012-12-20, 11:43am
sunscreen me baby

Gosh I don't really remember, maybe firemountain gems? They are similar to these:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~

Old 2012-12-20, 5:31pm

Thanks. I'll check those out. I didn't even know there was such at thing.

Old 2012-12-23, 3:57am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
I do the same as Sue. I bought tiny rectangle goldstone beads I use in various transparents. I heat up a big gather of clear (or color) and plunge the tiny bead into it, seal the hole and pull.
Clever girl!

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-12-23, 7:55am
Just Me!

Do a search on eBay, they have tons....Val
Old 2012-12-23, 9:24am

Thanks, Val!

Old 2012-12-26, 5:46am

forgive my ignorance, but are the goldstone chunks the same stuff that lapidarists use for cutting cabochon jewellery pieces from?? Terry
Old 2012-12-26, 7:43am
Loving learning

I used goldstone slabs here:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looking it up I see they have new ones, Raspberry Aventurine. Has anyone tried this for compatibility yet?
Edited to say looking at the description it appears to be a different thing, so nevermind!

Last edited by Eileen; 2012-12-26 at 7:46am.
Old 2012-12-26, 9:10am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
forgive my ignorance, but are the goldstone chunks the same stuff that lapidarists use for cutting cabochon jewellery pieces from?? Terry
Yep.

Old 2012-12-26, 5:08pm

To Angie,

I get the goldstone pieces, preheat them in the kiln sometimes, but the pieces are small enough to preheat by the side of the flame until they warm up.

Nolly
Old 2012-12-26, 6:02pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Quote:
Honestly, I don't really understand why anyone buys the premade goldstone stringer -- or the goldstone rods, which are even worse. It's so much less attractive and so much more expensive than just making it yourself.
Because life is too short to make anything I can buy....

Which doesn't make any sense at all given that I make beads...

L-111

Old 2012-12-26, 7:01pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
I used goldstone slabs here:

Looking it up I see they have new ones, Raspberry Aventurine. Has anyone tried this for compatibility yet?
Edited to say looking at the description it appears to be a different thing, so nevermind!
Great Slabs has been out of the gold goldstone for a long time now.

I looked at the raspberry adventurine and I think the company is differentiating between natural adventurine and manmade goldstone which is actually glass with flecks of copper. So I'm doubtful that the raspberry adventurine would melt or be compatible.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox