No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2011-11-27, 12:17pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Default Tutorials question

Hi
My dh bought me a tablet.......no, not the fancy ipad one or nook, no not even a kindle........but it says it does all the neato stuff.........SO,
my question is this...........I have the few tutorials I've bought and 2 I was gifted by my Secret santa. Can I put those on one of those SD cards that the tablet takes and then be able to take out to my studio and see the tutorial?? I am SO challenged with these electronic things.........
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really hate to print out all these tutorials but so far thats what I've done plus leave them sitting in my email box...
Thanks
sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-27, 3:58pm
Meet Molly

I don't have any of those gadgets but know that I've transferred a multitude of pics and tutorials with USB adapters from a desktop computer to a notebook laptop. And I can transfer pics from my notebook laptop to my cell phone.

You might give Best Buy or perhaps Office Depot a call if there's one near you. They help lots when it comes to electronics questions.

I hope it can be done!
Neomi
Old 2011-11-27, 4:13pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Cool, thanks neomi I think I have a usb cord thingy.... We do have a brand spanking new office depot a few miles away.

Thank you!!
Sue

Old 2011-11-27, 8:16pm
Fried Cat

I have tutorials on my iPad that I spend time reading and re-reading on car trips. I have tried to use tuts while actively at the torch. Inevitably I'll lose heat and something will fracture while I'm looking at the page. It's alot like a test I guess. You need to know the material before you sit down. At least for me that gives me my best results. Fortunately I genuinely enjoy the technical aspect of the hobby so it's not hard repeatedly opening each tutorial.

I also print out each one for quick questions that might come up the first couple attempts.
Old 2011-11-27, 8:38pm
Just a Muggle

If you have a USB port on your tablet, you can copy your tutorials onto a memory stick and then put the stick into the USB port on your tablet. THen either copy them onto your tablet or run them off your stick. Memory sticks also go by the name jump drives. I can't see why you couldn't use a SD card if your tablet has a slot to accept it or you have a card reader that can be pluged into your tablet.
Congrats on the tablet BTW.
Monica

Old 2011-11-27, 8:47pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks Shardi and Monica!
Shardi, I keep the printed one next to me at the torch and read it over quick before I start.........just thought having the tutorial set to the first page would make it easier....

Monica, thaks for the info......I know the tablet takes and sd card but I will also look for the usb port and see what works best......
Thank you!! I'm so excited to get it, it supposed to arrive here tomorrow!!