LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-10-25, 9:39am

Default Heather Trimlett Tutorial

Heather Trimlett has 3 tutorials for purchase on her website - Foundation, Dots and Bumps. Has anyone purchased them and if so what is your opinion?

I have admired Heather's beads for many years and wondered if an experienced lampworker would benefit from her tutorials.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:20am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Do you have a link to her website/tuts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-25, 10:31am

Here it is!

http://www.heathertrimlett.com/

Kathrin
Old 2010-10-25, 6:00pm

Wow....I saw this thread and went Whoo Hoo! Then I saw the tutorials and was kind of disappointed. I think she's one of the greatest bead makers but bumps or dots...is a general tutorial. I didn't see any of her cool beads to make and I've got books that already teach basic dot, raised or flat and foundation beads.
I hope she makes more tutorials but something more advanced

Old 2010-10-25, 6:05pm

It says that she is going to do more on encasing, big beads, etc.

Old 2010-10-25, 7:50pm
new artist at midlife!

I took a class with Heather and I think she has very good information on basics that benefit even experienced lampworkers. Admittedly, I am a novice, but there were a lot of more experienced folks in my class who seemed to get a lot out of it.
Old 2010-10-26, 3:05am
Knob Creek Glass

Heather's first three tutorials are wonderful. We all need to take a look back at basics occasionally. There is a lot there that is not in any other book.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:17am
Spitfire Girl

As someone who learned to lampwork initially from books and tutorials, I appreciate the foundation tutorials more than I can say. I picked up many "bad habits" because there weren't tutorials like Heather's around.

I have Heather's tutorials and they made me want to take classes with her. I highly recommend both the tutorials and classes. I have been able to see what I was doing wrong and the tuts helped me progress in my beadmaking.

I think that if the foundation is weak or faulty, the beadmaking process is more frustrating. Three cheers for Heather who addresses these issue so well.

I've recommended Heather's tutorials to many and have heard only positive results.

Leslie

So much glass, so little time!:lol:

Old 2011-02-26, 3:54pm

You can get more info if you Take a workshop from her. As for dots and bumps people have tutorials all over the place. keep your eyes open. What info did the tutorial give that you did not see other places?

If she'd make more advanced tutorials it be nice.
Old 2011-03-22, 11:44am

I got the foundation one because I struggle with nice holes. Her explanation was really good and I practice it every time I sit at the torch.

Old 2011-04-13, 6:00am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Repetition is the best teacher. Even though this information may be in a hundred different places sometimes ONE person will say the same thing differently and will make that part of the instruction pop and... you will *finally* understand it!!

Thank you ALL for the wonderful hints, tips and instructions you share with your fellow peeps.