Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-07-29, 3:30pm
boro color bender

Question Any interest in boro shards?

I am working on a new project and have made some layered boro shards... is there enough interest for me to keep moving forward and doing new combinations?

What would you like to see?

Currently I have mixed silver colors over sparkle... and they rock!

I'll list some of the shards I have at a low introductory price as soon as i get them weighed out...

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-07-29, 4:15pm
No longer a Member

SHOW ME!!!!!! <3
Old 2010-07-29, 4:22pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Great idea!

~
~
~
Old 2010-07-29, 5:18pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

What is a 'shard'?

Old 2010-07-29, 5:56pm
boro color bender

it's a thin bubble of color that is broken and applied to the surface for some really neat effects.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-07-29, 5:59pm
boro color bender

Here's one I made a while back... not the shards i just made, but it'll give you an idea of how they can be used.

Old 2010-07-29, 6:55pm
Borovangelist

I was thinking about making some this weekend actually

|
|
Old 2010-07-29, 7:25pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

That is so cool! I'm already thinking about making some and using them. Well, you just opened another door for me. With everything that I pick up here I feel like I'm in a huge hotel with all these doors opening, and all the people in the rooms are nice and cool...

Old 2010-07-29, 9:02pm
Glass my new Obsession

I suck at making them and would definately purchase some

Old 2010-07-29, 9:06pm

It was good to meet you at my first boro class a couple of weeks ago at abr. I learned a lot. I have made about 50 pendants since then and am getting better at them. I would like to try some of the shards when you have them ready. I will be watching for you to list them. Thanks again for the class...and Good luck with the shard!!!
Old 2010-07-29, 10:06pm

I made some a few days ago with chinese white as a base. Green exotic frit is nice but blue passion isnt very good.

Old 2010-07-30, 2:04am
Serenity Now!

Hannah Rachel has been making Boro shards for years ~ and they totally rock.
Lots of fun to use and play with.....

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2010-07-30 at 2:07am.
Old 2010-07-30, 3:34am
boro color bender

I didn't know Hannah made them... that's awesome!

I think somebody else was selling smaller bubbles on ETSY a while back too.

I've recently come up with a process that will make it possible to sell in larger batches. making small bubbles on the torch is kinda hard to keep up with any volume. Making shards is really labor intensive and I'm able to make bigger ones now. I can do layering as well. This will allow me to share some of my recipes with you guys and I'm pretty stoked about it.

Old 2010-07-30, 3:34am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenred View Post
It was good to meet you at my first boro class a couple of weeks ago at abr. I learned a lot. I have made about 50 pendants since then and am getting better at them. I would like to try some of the shards when you have them ready. I will be watching for you to list them. Thanks again for the class...and Good luck with the shard!!!

It was great to meet you too! Would love to see some pics...

Old 2010-07-30, 4:53am

not good pics, or all that great pendants yet...but getting better. here are a couple pics
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-30, 5:01am
boro color bender

Sweeeet!

Old 2010-07-30, 6:51am
boro color bender

listed some in the garage sale...

Old 2010-07-30, 10:50am

For sure. I would use your boro shards. Go for it.

Minor
Old 2010-07-30, 3:39pm

Default Boro shards

yes I am interested. Would love to try some out.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:28pm

Shards are very cool, thanks for the into in Portland. I am having a blast at home now.
Old 2010-07-31, 5:52am
boro color bender

I just made such a kick arse pendant out of em... can't wait to show ya!

Old 2010-08-04, 2:44pm

Cool, looking forward to seeing it. I got my shards today, love to see what you get, so I can tell what to try for!!! Thanks for the quick delivery.
Old 2010-08-04, 4:17pm
boro color bender

Doh! Forgot about this and I'm headed away from the computer... will shoot some pics tomorrow! Have fun!

Old 2010-08-05, 7:13am
The Venerable Bead

this is what I made with brent's shards. shards over white with some clear dots all melted smooth. so much color for such a thin piece of glass ooohh ahhh. make some more brent, make some more...... I want a pink one!

same heart different light and background
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's