Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-02-26, 2:06pm

Default Some thoughts-webhost & YOUR OWN STORE

I actually had my own eCommerce store quite a few years ago.
I see now that the company that I have host my domain has bought that out.

I was just thinking about etsy, I did sign up...and then remembered that I can just run my own store thru my host.

I am going to tell you why I like IPOWER.web

I have had them for over 3 years.

The #1 reason I love them is that I can pick up the phone, dial a toll free number and speak to....... A LIVING BREATHING PERSON IN THE USA.

I have had some long waits to get thru but for the most part the wait is cancelled by the live help.

I recently lost my domain and had to start over and was on the phone with huge problems for hours and hours.
( I host all of my own pictures for ebay...when I lost my domain... ALL OF MY PICTURES were gone! POOF!) They had me saved because they have back ups of all my images too. It was a huge mess but without them it would have been one of those... (do I put my head in the gas oven or Jump off the Tacoma Narrows Bridge?) Being able to call and speak to someone right here in the USA is a blessing and all of their techincal staff are so competent.

Years ago someone pointed me to ecommerce... a free program for a store...and I had it going for a while but pretty half hearted.

So I am Thinking...etsy? I can put up my own store at NO cost to me, I have technical phone support...If we can promote etsy...why not our own stores?
and really I don't make jewelry, I am only getting back to bead making now after a year off and ...the largest part of my business is my bead business...
(not my beads).

So this is a little bit of a pitch for those of you who maybe are paying someone for you hosting...I am sure you get access to the internet and webspace thru your isp... I use comcast because it is soooooooo darn FAST!

Anyway... It is just something to think about...etsy is very inexpensive...they do have constraints...an ecommerce store would be free with your IPOWER account...and it is deductible....

I have some problems that have me on permanent disability and that means having someone to talk to when I need it is very important to me...it might not be to you...

but just having signed up for etsy...I am wondering ...huh...I could have had a V8 (or ecommerce store for FREE!)

I have been with this provider since 2004?

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-02-26, 3:36pm

ok between posting this and now I opened a store thru my host and listed something... the purpose is to show you how easy it is...
what do you do for web hosting...?

do you get this kind of service?

http://artwear.ipower.com/store/page2.html

Beads galore at my ebay store!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor with a REGALIA heavenly!
Old 2008-02-27, 6:31am
Who me?

Ingridh - I'm checking it out now - thanks for the lead - I already have Etsy but haven't sold anything there yet.