Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-03-04, 12:32am

Default Who needs a website?

So, my fiance and I are starting up a computer support business. One of the things we are offering is a website package that would be ideal for artists (creating websites for artists has been my main focus, probably because I am an artist myself!)

I am not a professional webdesigner, but I do have a lot of experience creating websites. So I'm offering a really great price... partly because I want to increase my portfolio size! Also I really love this community and I would love to give something back to all of you. I will go the extra mile if you have any particular requests for your site. And I'll always be there if you need help later on.

The package starts at $150, in Canadian funds so it'd be an extra good deal for you US people. It includes a basic website design and setup - you can send me any pictures or colour schemes you like (so long as you own the rights to the images), and I will incorporate them for you. You will get free webhosting for the first year, at yourname.artbyfire.net (yourname can be whatever you want). This also includes email - you@artbyfire.net - by the way. (Just to note, there is nothing at artbyfire.net yet... stay tuned).

You will also get installed on your web page a photo gallery program that I use myself. If you want to see it in action, you can check it out on my webpage, www.twoglassyladies.ca/gallery.php. You use a web interface to upload photos of your work, and they show up in your gallery. It's pretty cool, and it's all embedded within your website.

I have some addons too. For $25 a year, we can register a domain for you, so you get www.yourname.com, or .net, or whatever. For no extra charge to LE patrons, I will embed your Etsy listings too, and offer you a texty embed for free too. For those of you who aren't familiar with texty, it is a web interface that lets you edit a portion of your website from your web browser. So you can have a "news and events" (or something) portion of your website that you can edit.

Basically, everything you need to have a website for $150! After that first year, we will charge you $3/month for the hosting ($36/year). If you need more hosting space we can offer that too... but 100 mb should be enough for your average art gallery website.

Having your own website really helps you to get exposure. I have mine on my business cards, so everytime I sell anything, be it on eBay or wherever, I get it out there. And people definitely do go to it. In fact just this week I sold some beads to someone who saw photos of beads I made over a year ago on my website, and she wanted something similar. Obviously I can add links to your eBay for you, or to wherever you sell. You can have information about where you sell locally. And it's very easy to embed your current Etsy listings right in the page - you can put them on the front page if you want, or have a separate page called "Items Currently for Sale" or whatever you want.

For more detailed information and a price list, you can visit my website (scroll down to the webdesign section), or you can just contact me on here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by amyhoust; 2009-03-04 at 12:34am.