Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-11-02, 2:39pm

Default What does EDP mean?

I was looking for twistee recipes and i feel totally stupid EDP was mentioned many times and I don't know what it stands for. Help!!!!

Lyne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My etsy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Facebook page

Old 2013-11-02, 2:47pm

Effetre purple 254 or evil damn purple, or evil devitrifying purple.
Old 2013-11-02, 2:49pm

I was not sure either but I fount the answer at the link below.

Evil devitrifying purple.

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/EDP

Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-11-02, 2:54pm

I forgot to mention if you go to the link I gave you will see a link at the end, there is a great tutorial on wetcanvas.
Bob

e-mail:
Old 2013-11-02, 5:37pm
one day at a time

It got that nickname a loooong time ago because it's pretty finicky! But it's not too difficult to learn to work with. Twisties made with it are pretty easy to deal with because you would be using lower heat in its application to the surface of a bead. Less chance of the devitrifying it is known for.
Old 2013-11-03, 5:21am

Thanks for these responses and for the link. EDP is such a nice color but I just couldn't do anything good with it. Now I need to make decent twisties!

Lyne

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-11-05, 6:22am
Glass-aholic

Lisi! It's so bad when the once nick named evil glass is now one of the tamer of those out there.........!!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2013-11-06, 12:09am
Naysayer

right?!
Old 2013-11-06, 8:59am
Mango Beads

..and if it misbehaves heat the s..t out of it and it will get the message !!!!!

]

Manda x
Old 2013-11-06, 2:50pm

LOL Manda!

My etsy

My Facebook page

Old 2013-11-06, 4:48pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci View Post
Lisi! It's so bad when the once nick named evil glass is now one of the tamer of those out there.........!!!!
True!!