Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-30, 9:06pm
Boro Brat

Cool Oct 1 - ?? Show what ya got!!!

I've been a busy girl...a little bit of what I've been up to...

OK...so what you got?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pipyr; 2007-10-01 at 10:19am.
Old 2007-09-30, 10:23pm
San Diego Toni

Holy cow Pip those are SWEET!!
I love watching your creatures change and morph...they totally have attitude also!!

About how big are they? The spikey collars are great! That first one is totally rainbowy (i think i just made up that word ) I'd love to know what color(s) you used. I'm gonna check your etsy now...

Does spike like them?

toni
xoxo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-30, 11:29pm

How can anyone follow that?
Some boro,
Attached Images

Old 2007-10-01, 3:42am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

P those are awesome!!!!! They have such personality!

G.L.Mcbead sweet pinks

Old 2007-10-01, 7:58am
Booger #7

Dang Pipyr...you really know how to kick off a S&T!!! The serpents are sooo awesome!!!

Here's my newest....not quite what I expected when I opened the kiln, but they are okay I suppose!
Attached Images

Old 2007-10-01, 8:08am
Gay rights R human rights

Ten of these might end up in the boro bead exchange. Not too happy with what came out of the kiln this morning. But what the heck, there's still time.

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-10-01, 8:11am
ManBearPig

Here's a couple of inside-out beads I made last night. I hadn't made any in a while, but while I was down at Hot Time in the Mountains, several people wanted me to demonstrate making one, so I ended up making three or four down there. I forgot how much I enjoy making them. Plus, I'm thinking about teaching a blown bead class, so I wanted to see about making them on a smaller torch. These two were made on a Knight Little Dragon running on two 5 LPM concentrators.

•
•
•

Last edited by Cosmo; 2007-10-01 at 8:16am.
Old 2007-10-01, 1:22pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni L. View Post
Holy cow Pip those are SWEET!!
I love watching your creatures change and morph...they totally have attitude also!!

About how big are they? The spikey collars are great! That first one is totally rainbowy (i think i just made up that word ) I'd love to know what color(s) you used. I'm gonna check your etsy now...

Does spike like them?

toni
xoxo

Thanks Toni!! They range in size from the figit (rocking horse) at 2.25" long to the vack with 2 trees at 3.75" long (not including the trees). So they are all pretty small which means all the detail is packed right in, just the way I like it

The spikes on the collars were inspired by a friend of mine (and fellow glass artist). I have a few more to finish up and thn I will post these guys in the main gallery with all the info as far as that goes.

For the colors...I'd love to know what I used too I've been a crazy cane-making fool lately! I'm pretty sure that one had either purple thunder or silver creek, dark blue ap, mystery aventurine, and possibly other colors...lol. Aren't I helpful?! If I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know...I'm starting to keep slightly better notes now...at least until I get tired of being organized again

Thanks again!

Old 2007-10-01, 3:58pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

WOW! WOW! WOW! Pipyr and Did I hear that a Happy Birthday is in order? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Nice Work on the beads Susanne, Sue, Lesli, and Cosmo...You Crazy bead makers!

There was a brilliant discovery made yesterday when I was cleaning the bead release from my vessels I blew a little of the dust off and it turned out that These little southwest vessels make outstanding and loud whistles….My dog came. Here are a couple from my southwestern collection.
This is one side and the other is

A lady asked me to make it like this in memory of here dog

And then this little guy

There's a lot of new stuff on ebay

Old 2007-10-01, 6:04pm
Hummel factory reject

Pipyr, just stunning! Your photography is killer... Happy Birthday to you! I hope you celebrated like a rock star! G.L.McB, Suzanne, leslie and cosmo, super lovely beads. Kare your little vessels are sweet! Here are a couple of beads from me. Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:59am.
Old 2007-10-01, 7:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
This one is my favorite! I find it very Norse. I can picture this being dug up in a viking burial ground.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-10-01, 9:45pm
Mandrel Slayer

Pipyr those are incredible. I love the faces on them. Cosmo - I'd love to take an inside-out class with you.

Here's mine.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-10-02, 7:39am
yukue fumei

WOW--Pipyr--just absolutely jaw dropping! AMAZING!!!

Everyone's work is so beautiful!

nagi

Old 2007-10-02, 7:58am
ManBearPig

A couple more...

•
•
•
Old 2007-10-02, 8:36am

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/up...p?viewid=88073

WOWWIE, I'm pretty sure I won't be posting for a week after this one... lol, j/k.

On a serious note, though.. Pipyr.. this is astounding and I get the exact same feeling that Eric does when I look at it... It's just... perfect.

WOW... way to go.

Everyone: looking really good! I dont' have anything to share just yet, but I will soon!

Jo
Old 2007-10-02, 5:12pm

Everyone's work is just fabulous!! When I grow up I want to be just like you all
Spent the weekend at a class with Fig. While we worked mostly in soft, we did do some round chain in boro. Came home and played.

Old 2007-10-02, 6:08pm

Wow Kim V. That chain is great!!
Mike sure made it look easy huh?
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-10-02, 6:20pm
daughter and I

Yeah Cosmo was a great show in boro at Hot Times! Wish I'd gotten closer to the big girl table...LOL Guess I'll have to try to take the class! Let us know OK Chad?

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2007-10-02, 8:38pm
Gay rights R human rights

Ok I'm going to hog a little. I have been on a heart kick. Brent is such an inspiration even from afar (I've never met him). Here is what I have come up with.

This is one of my first ones....no much colour
This is amazon canyon, no reactions....
Amazon canyon again but this time rolled in butterscotch frit and striped with clear..both sides
both sides of DAP over white
both sides of Havana moon dark (the tip broke off....boo hoo)
this is an experiment that got out of hand....a bit of everything in there
and finally....
both sides of stormy weather 2 experimental

Finally getting loops down.
Thanks for indulging me.
Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-10-03, 12:55am
yukue fumei

WOOHOO! AWESOME work Leslie!!
Beautiful!!

Chad-wow--those are beautiful Tube beads!!

Kim-cool chain!! How was FiG's class-must have been so cool!

I finally had a chance to make some stuff
first is a doublesided marble. I trapped a big air bubble in it so it will go in my marbles for kids pile

next is a flower marble made with Stripey Stormy Weather, Jerri's handmixed blue sparkle(thanks Jerri!) and some Momkas Cherry Blossom cane

Next is a marble with Momkas experimental green sparkle and Cherry Blossom....I wish my marbles could be formed faster. At one point the Cherry Blossom turned purple, but it was still not round. By the time it was round, it turned this wonderful pinky orange--beautiful, but wow, if I coulda kept that purple! . The opal was fun!

and finally, A Marble for the Female Flameoff raffle....
Backed with Momkas Silver Dance, Stripey Stormy Weather and an opal that turned pink when I encased it Oh for happy accidents!

nagi

Old 2007-10-03, 1:36am
traumaqueen

thud!! Denise they are amazing!!!!!I love the one with the pink opal.
Your kids must be the happiest kids in the world with your "seconds" in their marblebowl

Old 2007-10-03, 3:22am

Nice work everyone!! It's been quite a while since I've been around, looks like you've all been busy! Thought I would share a few I've made over the last few weeks. Thanks for looking and keep up the great work!
-chris
Attached Images

Last edited by Christopher Rice; 2007-10-03 at 3:25am.
Old 2007-10-03, 3:54am
traumaqueen

hmz b-choise Christoper... definetly horrible and not sell worthy. Please send them to me so I can properly dispose them

Old 2007-10-03, 5:40am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie_folly View Post
Yeah Cosmo was a great show in boro at Hot Times! Wish I'd gotten closer to the big girl table...LOL Guess I'll have to try to take the class! Let us know OK Chad?
Terry Hale said something about me coming down to her studio to teach a class. I'm not sure how far she is from you. You may want to mention it to her. The more interest people show the more likely it is to happen...

•
•
•
Old 2007-10-03, 11:12am

Great work here! I have been working on reds and oranges lately.

This is a Doug recipe from the dvd:

These I made the day before trying the Doug recipe - similar but a bit more subtle:

And these are a mix of a bunch of reds...not much happening in these:

Old 2007-10-03, 11:39am
Hummel factory reject

Nagi!!! Friggin' gorgeous marbles! Sooooo happy to see you boro-ing and posting! Chris, Wow! Thanks for sharing your work. Way to rock page 1 of the boro showcase everyone!!!!

Old 2007-10-03, 11:54am
ManBearPig

This one is hard to photograph and be able to capture it accurately. I tried, but it's just not the same as seeing it in real life (of course, photos seldom are...)

•
•
•
Old 2007-10-03, 12:06pm
Booger #7

Chris, I think I'm stunned speechless by your work......where is that jaw dropping drooly smiley! Just beautiful!

Old 2007-10-03, 12:15pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue H-K View Post
Chris, I think I'm stunned speechless by your work......where is that jaw dropping drooly smiley! Just beautiful!

Sue, I think you were looking for these...

Seriously awesome work, everyone!!!!!!

Old 2007-10-03, 12:43pm

Wow Pip those are amazing!

Christopher wonderful marbles.

Cosmo love that last bead.

Great job everyone thank you for sharing.

~
~