Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-07-28, 11:45am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Mid West Glass Bash Feb 13-15 09

Here it is!! If you want to experience glass in one of the best studios in the US. here is your chance. Following is the link and some info. PM me if you have any questions.
https://thirddegree.allregistrations...dwestGlassBash

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT one of our featured artist is..............Anastasia!!!!!

All experienced glass artists are welcome to join the fun and learning for this weekend celebration of glass art. Experience glass in one of the top facilities in the country!

60 spots open.

Several internationally recognized artists will be in attendence, along with many others, who will lead intensive workshops on:

Lampworking/torchworking
Kilnforming
Blowing
PMC
Electroforming
Coldworking

Also available: vendor expo, Valentine social event, and open torch time each night.

Price includes:

Breakfasts
Lunches
T-shirt
5 Workshops
Valentine Event Admission
Expo Admission

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Libby L.; 2008-07-28 at 2:06pm.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:34pm
<--misses Austin buddies

OMG! you guys! I am so FREAKING excited about this I could puke!
bwah ahaha ahah ahaha hah!

Old 2008-07-28, 12:48pm
make beads not war

*stands away from Becky* No puke on me please.
Old 2008-07-28, 2:40pm
<--misses Austin buddies

will you at least hold my hair Melissa!??!!? bwah ahah hahahah!

Old 2008-07-28, 2:45pm
make beads not war

Not even that.
Old 2008-07-28, 4:14pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Figures.

Old 2008-07-29, 12:33pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Libby just confirmed that Michael Mangiafico has confirmed as well!
WHOO HOO!!!!

Class lists will be out shortly on the 3rd degree website... www.stlglass.com

Old 2008-07-29, 8:14pm
Metallic Flame Studios

damn! glad I paid my deposit last night and told J that we WERE going to STL for Val Weekend....

told him he could go play at the zoo or the brewery or whatever while I'm playing with the big hot stuff, then hoping we can sneak hubbies into the evening part on the 14th somehow (paying extra for that part?)

woooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooo

u tol' me it would b good Beck, and u were spot on as usual!!!

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-07-30, 1:04pm
<--misses Austin buddies

no need to sneak! Hubby's and significant others openly welcomed for the evening events.

Last edited by caspertorch; 2008-07-30 at 1:08pm.
Old 2008-07-30, 1:07pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Carl is going to plan some "manly" outtings... lol for the husbands. I'm sure the brewery tour will be in there - though it'll be under "new management". I'm sure the schlafly's tap room will be in there somewhere as well. He likes guns -- so maybe a shooting range as well... lol

Old 2008-07-30, 3:16pm
Dead man walking

Doh, I'm going to have to beat you if the "manly" things are being done while I'm doing the "girlie" things
Old 2008-07-30, 6:27pm
Melt That Glass

My deposit is in--The time has been taken off at work--I am ready!!!

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-07-31, 8:28am
Member of the Booger7

Ack! I always miss the fun stuff!
I have a motorcycle rally that weekend. Figures.....I'm going to sulk in a corner now.

Dianna -

Old 2008-07-31, 12:30pm
Smooches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammaws View Post
My deposit is in--The time has been taken off at work--I am ready!!!

Yay Jan!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-08-02, 12:06am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjglass View Post
Doh, I'm going to have to beat you if the "manly" things are being done while I'm doing the "girlie" things
DOH!

I think I what I meant was - " significant otherly" things... lol

Old 2008-08-02, 12:07am
<--misses Austin buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbeads View Post
Ack! I always miss the fun stuff!
I have a motorcycle rally that weekend. Figures.....I'm going to sulk in a corner now.
motorcycles in FEB!?!?!? now THATS gonna be freaking COLD unles your heading WAAAAAY south... lol -

we'll miss you YET again Dianna!

Old 2008-08-12, 7:24am
Julie Nordine

Holy Crap!!! Are you kidding me? This sounds fantastic, Libby. I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread... it's the first I've heard about it. (that's what I get for not THINKING in a while)

Gotta go register.

Don't know if I can handle you guys twice a year, though.

Fantastic.

Now I gotta figure out where to crash.

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2008-08-12, 1:22pm
<--misses Austin buddies

whoo hoo!!!

now that the gathering is over... let's get crazy about it!!!

Class list coming soon!!!

Old 2008-08-12, 9:31pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Julie? If this is the first you've heard about it... maybe I need to PERSONALLY contact all of the MoBeRe's via pm eh?

Is it February yet? LOL

Old 2008-08-13, 12:24pm
Julie Nordine

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspertorch View Post
Julie? If this is the first you've heard about it... maybe I need to PERSONALLY contact all of the MoBeRe's via pm eh?

Is it February yet? LOL
February is going to come up quickly, I have a feeling. This is fantastic.

Yes, this was the first I had heard about this... not alot of LE time these days. A MoBeRe group PM would be a good idea, I would think.

keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others
Old 2008-08-13, 12:52pm
Just the Hired Hand

I just booked a room at the Hampton we stayed at in January for Stacy and I that weekend - We'll be down late Thursday night. Figured being Val weekend - we needed to book early so I'm not trying to squeeze the 5th wheel in Becky and Carl's driveway.
Old 2008-08-13, 1:55pm
Julie Nordine

You read my mind... about staying in a hotel... didn't even think about the Valentine weekend thing. Wonder if rooms will be more expensive that weekend? Darn.

Anyway...I just sent this off to Libby & thought I would post it here, too...

I was talking to Miss Kate about staying @ her place during "the experience" & then started thinking... this is what I wrote to her:

I was just thinking about my experience w/ the Gathering last year & driving home each night, missing out on late night fun... wishing I was staying @ the hotel where most people were booked & how exhausting it was, getting up each morning early to drive into Minneapolis.

& w/ Glass Stock... my whole family WAS going to come, we were going to make it a several week road trip, but w/ gas prices, we decided not to do it, so I'm flying out... but even if they were going to be there, camping down the highway, I was going to stay @ the hotel where most of the Glass Stock peeps were staying so I wouldn't miss out on any of the late night fun.

So, this makes me think about this (the Glass Experience)... will there be lots of out of towners & will they be staying @ a centralized hotel near Third Degree? (too early to know at this point, I'm sure) ... would even local people want to shack up w/ a group of people so they could stay nearby & not miss out on "whatever". Guess it depends on how early & how late it goes... they're serving breakfast & it'll probably go really late w/ open torch or something like that in the evening... just might make sense to stay nearby. Putting 4 to a room would be fairly inexpensive...

So.... wondering if it would make sense to have a suggested list of local hotels for out of towners... give people an opportunity to hook up w/ others for roommates (on LE?), etc... Would be cool for local peeps to stay down there, too... like I said about my Gathering experience. It could be a blast, to all be in one place, like the retreat.

Whatcha think?

Old 2008-08-13, 2:45pm
<--misses Austin buddies

yes we have 3 hotels we are negotiating with for group rates.

one is closer to the venue but a tad more pricey but still very reasonable and the other two are with in a 15 minute drive and would be cheaper - one has a shuttle service even.

We should have a final prices and hotel code for you to use within a few weeks.
Breakfast will be at 3rd degree every morning and yes there will be open torch sessions every night as well...

Last edited by caspertorch; 2008-08-13 at 2:49pm.
Old 2008-08-13, 2:51pm
<--misses Austin buddies

Heck - I might even ship the kids out and get a room with Carl - I mean -- it IS V weekend afterall...

hmmmm something to think about for me. lol

Old 2008-08-13, 3:01pm
Wild at Heart!

Hey Becky

I was looking forward to meeting you at GS and was bummed when you couldn't come

Throwing an event like GS in your own back yard has got to be so much easier than traveling halfway across the US !! Looks fun

I don't think I"ve ever been to St. Louis....

??
Old 2008-08-13, 3:43pm
Just the Hired Hand

The Hampton we're staying at is only 5 minutes from Becky and Carl's and 20 from the third degree. Thursday's room was pricey but then dropped 50 bucks for the weekend. If Nori and Jerry from Retro Glass Tools make it down, then we'll more in likely split it again like we did in January. I'd be looking at rooms now to reserve (you can always cancel) and get summer rates before Labor Day

Just my 2 cents worth.... can I have my change now.... lol
Old 2008-08-13, 7:10pm
Metallic Flame Studios

I'll give you some change buddy.....

(sorry dear... I couldn't resist!)

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-08-13, 7:22pm
Smooches!

Becky - are you working on getting us group tatoo & piercing rates too?

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2008-08-13, 10:18pm

I love the hotel idea. I think an important factor would be which one had a bar.

Old 2008-08-14, 6:26am
Dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kate View Post
Becky - are you working on getting us group tatoo & piercing rates too?
Hmmmm I need a new Tat