Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-11-08, 1:00pm

Default trying to take earring pics

I just got the ez cube and I am trying to take some earring pics. I can't get the earrings to stop swaying!!! I waited about ten minutes, and just my foot steps got them moving again. I can't go faster with the shutter speed and still maintain the depth of field. The earrings almost seem like little perpetual motion machines!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mary
Old 2008-11-08, 5:24pm
koregon

sounds like you have to sit and be ready and not walk near where you are then. or learn to walk softly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-08, 6:35pm

What are you hanging them from and with? You might be letting them hang from to long of a line and one that is too thin or the support is not soild enough. If your support is picking up floor and wind vibrations, it will pass it to the earrings. So you want to use something very solid. If you aren't hanging them with chain, wire or string, you might try putting a dot of glue on the earring wire so it doesn't saw on what ever it is hanging from.

If you showed a picture of what you have, even if they do move in the picture, it might help someone give you more ideas.

Mike
Old 2008-11-08, 6:38pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

I have to use a remote so I don't jiggle the camera or anything nearby. Helps immensely for me.

Old 2008-11-08, 9:46pm

Thanks everyone. I'll take a pic of my setup in the morning. The whole earring doesn't swing, just where 2 loops connect. I'm using these plastic clips to hold onto the earwire.

Thanks again,
Mary
Old 2008-11-09, 7:26pm

I have had the same problem. I hang my earrings from a stick and have a small pile of white beach stones that I sit under them. I just barely let the bottom of the earrings rest against the stones so they are still hanging but they don't sway.

My Facebook
Old 2008-11-12, 11:38am

Thanks, jewlie beads! I'll give it a try!

I still haven't got back to take a pic of my photo setup yet (ughh!). I was also thinking about resting it against a piece of white fabric like what the tent is made of, although the fabric weave would probable show up.

Mary