TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Old 2007-04-07, 1:57pm
Covered in glitter

Sara, I"ll post them as soon as I get them. They are in a kiln out at Blue Fire Beads. I got some gorgeous colors--some amber, some cool funky blue color...who know what'll come out of the kiln! It may be a few weeks, but I'll get them up here.

And...phew...I did know what threaded stringer was! LOL It's fun to do. You never quite know what you'll end up with--or at least I don't!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche

Last edited by debkauz; 2007-04-07 at 2:04pm.
Old 2007-04-07, 2:23pm

Neither do I!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:40pm
Covered in glitter

I can't get a decent picture of this bead to save my life! It's gorgeous though. Sarakay thanks so much for the tutorial! It doesn't look that color blue except in a few places but I've got some amazing colors. Looks like a little mini universe.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-04-13, 2:09pm
Smile, it's contagious!

I made The Blue Pig using this tut. I only got a tiny bit of the robin's egg blue this time, but like Deb said, it looks like the universe... cool!

Thanks Sara!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-04-13, 2:38pm
Covered in glitter

She's so cute! You got completely different colors than I did. Oh heck. I have to go and try again. Well, they turned out better when I just did a crap shoot than when I tried! They aren't as lumpy as they look in the pics. There are two of them and Im not sure I'll get the pics in the right order.
I think this is both of them! The pinkish colors in them almost look like opals. I can't wait to try this again!

Last edited by debkauz; 2007-04-13 at 2:56pm.
Old 2007-04-13, 3:14pm
Covered in glitter

Just resized my favorite.

Old 2007-04-13, 11:27pm
Smile, it's contagious!

Deb, they are GREAT! You got some fantastic colors, way to go! It does look like opal... or abalone.

I think I used too much or not enough threaded clear before I put the silver on. I know I played with this before, and I'm sure I'll do it again... I want a bead like Sara's, lol!

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2007-04-14, 7:34am
Covered in glitter

Thanks! I just love the different colors you can get from this. Your gorgeous aqua, the robin's egg blue and the dark swirley blue. I KNOW I'm going to do it again!

I love the little bead hog btw! I don't think you make any pigs I don't like!

Old 2007-04-14, 10:18am

Awsome beads, you two!

Old 2009-07-16, 9:26pm
reaction junkie

Have been playing around with this tutorial this week... thought I'd share one - I got the color, but not enough of it, I guess I didn't put enough threaded clear on. And I didn't encase it either.

/
/
/
Old 2009-07-16, 11:19pm

Pam, that's yummy! Very milky-way looking!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-07-17, 5:24am
Striking-impared...

Ooooo, Pam, I like!!!

Old 2009-07-17, 8:01am
Alchemist

Too, too beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial.

Old 2009-07-20, 4:14am
organically speaking

Pretty!

Old 2009-07-20, 8:08am

I always thought that was a real pretty reaction!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-08-08, 11:05am

What a wonderful bead! ..........I need to clean today......not go light my torch!

Thanks for the recipe!

Old 2010-06-03, 8:49pm
It's all about the color.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-06-03, 9:44pm
needs to light the torch.

I am glad this is here, I will miss you Sarakay

Old 2010-06-04, 5:16am
Resident hippie

I found this thread before I found this one - http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=164845.

So sad - what a lovely woman.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-06-04, 6:14am
Formerly FishBulb

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of this lovely young lady. Her work is beautiful and although I'd never met her, the folks who did spoke so highly of her.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-06-04, 10:28am
Michelle Morrison-Geschke

Default RIP Sara...

may there be plenty of Propane in Heaven!

You will be missed dear lady! Until we all meet...

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Old 2010-06-04, 2:19pm
Word to your mother

Thank you for sharing with us Sara. I will always think of you when I hold this bead I made using your tutorial. Ummm, it wasn't EXACTLY the bead I set out to make, but I still love it.

And thank you for the time and effort you put into working on The Flame with Corina and Kim and myself. The magazine that almost was We were SOOOOOO close, weren't we? What a wild time we had with THAT !!!

You will be missed.
Attached Images

Last edited by beadstillmyheart; 2010-06-04 at 2:23pm.
Old 2010-06-04, 5:44pm
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

Oh, Sarakay, you will be missed so much! Thank you for your generosity and kindness in helping me when I first started, and beyond. Rest in Peace, Sweet Lady!

CA gift numbers:
Old 2010-06-04, 6:31pm
Unmedicated since '62

i remember buying cobalt blue just to try this

you'll be missed Sara

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-06-05, 4:45am
looking for work

Thank you Sara, you made a big difference to me and taught me much.

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber

Old 2010-06-06, 12:18pm

My one effort at this, years ago...
Attached Images

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-06-21, 5:49pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Used Sara Hoyt's tut for these. The blue is a pretty dark one, just grabbed what was on the bench.

diff view

RIP Sara. You are missed.

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-06-21, 6:43pm

So pretty...

I've been thinking I need to try this on the Minor and see what happens, my last attempt was years ago on my HH... And Sara won him on eBay and kept him with her...

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-06-21, 7:07pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
So pretty...

I've been thinking I need to try this on the Minor and see what happens, my last attempt was years ago on my HH... And Sara won him on eBay and kept him with her...
I did these on a minor with 2 oxy cons, lots of heat. I work hot, the color comes out pretty quickly.

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-06-23, 5:11pm
I'm a lilac!

I missed the other thread... I didn't know she was gone until seeing this just now. I'm so sad... she was so gifted, and giving, and had such a warm and grounded presence. I will miss her.