LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2016-05-24, 9:37pm
Ishum Designs

Default Torch and Oxycon Upgrade

So, been using a Bobcat and 2 5lpm oxycons for a couple years now and looking to upgrade everything.

I work mostly 104 COE but thinking about larger stuff and possibly some boro.

I am considering two oxy cons, maybe 10lpm with 20psi ganged together link my two 5lpms? One I am looking at is this one: https://saltcityglass.com/products/g...-concentrator/
Does anyone know anything about this machine? Other suggestions?

And, if I get that oxycon set up, what would be a good torch? Looking at a Bravo, Scorpion, or ????

Thanks for your help. If all works out, I will probably have a couple oxy cons to sell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bill
Ishum Designs
Oakland, CA

GTT Bobcat with a pair of 5 lpm Air Sep Elites.
Old 2016-05-25, 5:19pm
Ishum Designs

Hmmmmm . . . nobody?? Is it something I said?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bill
Ishum Designs
Oakland, CA

GTT Bobcat with a pair of 5 lpm Air Sep Elites.
Old 2016-05-25, 7:06pm
Phill

It's early yet.

The working folk have barely even had a chance to have a meal and relax.

I am running a Cricket on house hold natural gas and a 10 lpm oxycon myself and no experience with other torches so I have no opinion on the subject.
Old 2016-05-25, 7:12pm
Slogan Challenged...

well, I might upgrade the oxygen first and then see if the torch is sufficient for what you want to do. I doubt that what you have now runs the bobcat at full power.

Most smaller torches will melt boro for beads and small marbles when they are fully powered.

I can't otherwise advise on the torch.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2016-06-01, 1:23pm
ManBearPig

I have a Bobcat as a backup to my Phantom. You will be surprised what you can make with it if you upgrade your oxygen. Sure, it's nice to have a bigger flame. But I'd say 90% of what I do I use the center fire of my Phantom without the secondary oxygen, so it's basically a Bobcat at that point.

Tags
bravo, gladiator, scorpion, torch