LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-03-24, 7:32pm
GlassDocNC

Just another take on the issue...

If I loved and benefited from the information in a free tutorial I would be waaaaay more likely to spend money for ANOTHER (not free) made by the same artist.

Good luck with future tutorials and know that your past effort is appreciated or your tutorial would not be in demand!

Marina
Old 2009-03-26, 7:09am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

I so agree with Imaglassgal, if a free tutorial was so helpful to me I know without a doubt that i would purchase a tute from that same artist. I also have to say and I hope you don't mind that leaving the free one on LE and not deciding to benefit financially from it is also absolutely the right thing to do. It could have caused you some major headaches and sleepless nights further on down the road to pull it and then sell it. Bravo for doing the right thing
Old 2009-03-26, 8:48am
I speak Murrini!

Thanks for your input on this, ladies and gents! I definitely feel WAY BETTER about the whole thing...especially now that I've figured out how to post it to my website.

Frankly, just to clarify, it wasn't my intention so much to financially benefit from this Tutorial as to protect it, as we all want to do with our various "babies" right?

But this was definitely the way to go...and I'm happy to leave it available to anyone who may be interested and find it useful.

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-27, 5:31am
Pyromaniac

I have a lot of respect for your decision, particularly in these trying times. I've seen others who have made the opposite choice and while I intellectually understand that it is their right to do so, it just doesn't sit quite right with me emotionally. It's just that I have always felt that the more you give -- the more you get. I know that if I find a free tutorial particularly good or useful I would definitely be likely to BUY a different tutorial from that same artist - so that makes it free advertising.

My 2 cents, probably worth what you paid for it.

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy

Last edited by Bunyip; 2009-03-27 at 5:41am.
Old 2009-03-27, 9:30am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
I have a lot of respect for your decision, particularly in these trying times...My 2 cents, probably worth what you paid for it.
Thanks for the kind words! I am thankful, in retrospect, that I went this way - and put the Tutorial back on in a *FREE* format...I know now it was the right thing to do.

And as far as your valuable opinion, it's worth WAY MORE THAN 2 CENTS TO ME!!!

Hugs,
De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-27, 2:41pm

I have read enough of this thread to see that both sides of opinions have been stated.

So here's my thoughts. It truly is your hard work that spawned the tips in this instance. Just throwing this out there....how about taking the technique a step farther and listing the tutorial for sale with the disclaimer on the free one that after you get this technique down, if you want to take the technique to an advanced level...here's a tutorial available that includes this info plus...blah blah blah more. Just a thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-27, 3:53pm

I do agree with Marina. Your tuts is a big step for the HH people to work with silver glass. Any tuts for silver glass from you will be welcome from this group. A few weeks ago i did mention this tuts to a newbie. Good works always travel far.
I think with this experience you will not forget the fine line on the next tuts.
As a HH i'm very appreciate your tut deeply. It helps me to work with silver glass easier.
Thank you.