Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-12-28, 5:04pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post
NMRH is rated quite high as hospitals go. State of the art in many areas. Petoskey is a tourist town and maybe you could sell some of your wares in some of the shops there. They like their art and their artists.

Snow? roflmao silly girl, of course they get snow! Lots and lots of lake effect up there. Yeah, talk to Deb, she'll tell ya.

Good luck, tell him to apply, then you and deb can ride together to our meetings. She hates to drive in the winter.

<3
Chris
Hell, if I have an SUV/4 wheel drive, I'll drive in anything but ice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-28, 5:32pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
How much snow does Petoskey get?
Bwahahahaha! Seriously.... bwahahahaha!

Melissa, if you pm me what position he is applying for, my DH may know some of the people he would be involved with. If he does, I'll let you know what he honestly thinks. Overall though, the hospital has a very good reputation. Petoskey is a very nice town. On the shores of Lake Michigan, beautiful, touristy, has a community college, Crooked Tree Arts center, good schools, more upscale than your typical northern Michigan city. And, I'm only 15 miles away.

Last edited by Deb; 2009-12-28 at 5:37pm.
Old 2009-12-28, 5:37pm
Superkitty

Lindsey, I'll be hoping for a safe and easy delivery!

Sandra, I'm glad you are on the mend. My grandsons were over for the weekend. DH took one of them to the hospital because he had such a bad cough. Turns out he has pneumonia, too. I guess it must be going around.
Old 2009-12-28, 5:55pm

Lindsey, hope it goes well & you get to hold your best friend forever soon!
Sandra, get better soon!
Melissa come play in the snow with us! I adore the snow & pritty much everything about winter. Yep Im nuts!
Deb, I hope your grandson gets better!

Jen
Old 2009-12-28, 7:14pm
Your Royal Fritness

Lindsey I can't wait to meet your little girl,
Melissa it never hurts to check it out. I like Petoskey Deb is a big bonus too!
Jen I really liked your lights. What a cool (no pun intended) idea.
I hope everyone is recovering from the crud.

Today was my first down day and boy did it feel great. I did laundry all day and cleaned out the laundry room. Tomorrow is grocery shopping because we are sick of eating out. These past few weeks have been a blur and it is really starting to sink in that mom is gone. We managed to get the tree up christmas eve and decorate a bit I'm really looking forward to our next meeting! It better not be crummy driving!

I snagged 33 old skeleton keys on ebay for $25 and they arrived today. I can't wait to fire up the torch!

Happy New Year Everyone & God Bless, Dawn

Old 2009-12-29, 5:54am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Bwahahahaha! Seriously.... bwahahahaha!

Melissa, if you pm me what position he is applying for, my DH may know some of the people he would be involved with. If he does, I'll let you know what he honestly thinks. Overall though, the hospital has a very good reputation. Petoskey is a very nice town. On the shores of Lake Michigan, beautiful, touristy, has a community college, Crooked Tree Arts center, good schools, more upscale than your typical northern Michigan city. And, I'm only 15 miles away.
Thanks for the offer, Deb. I'll keep it mind of I can work on DH. The more we talked about it last night, the more excited I became about a relocation. The more we talked about it last night, the less excited Doug became... Largely, the main thing would be trying to sell our home here. Hastings has a really depressed economy, and most homes on the market have been on the market for over a year. So, we'll see.

Old 2009-12-29, 5:54am
Eight Miles Wide

Glad you had a nice day, Dawn!

Old 2009-12-29, 5:55am
Eight Miles Wide

Lindsey, I hope you are doing well today!

Old 2009-12-29, 5:55am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Melissa come play in the snow with us! I adore the snow & pritty much everything about winter. Yep Im nuts!
yeah, I do love the snow, too.

Old 2009-12-29, 7:41am
Dot Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
Lindsey, I hope you are doing well today!
Good so far just started pitocin waiting for Dr to come visit me. Not a whole lot going on at the moment

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2009-12-29, 9:51am
Princess Odd . . . lot

Hope your delivery goes smoothly Lindsey!!

So is anyone from the GR area available to take me to a MRI appointment Thursday morning?? I had a reaction to the contrast last time, so they are making me take some stuff before this one and I was told I had to have a driver - wish they would've mentioned that when they first let me know about the appointment . . . It's at Blodgett at 9:30. I don't know how the heck I'm going to get there and home at this point.
Old 2009-12-29, 10:05am
Eight Miles Wide

If I didn't ahve to work, I sure would, MJ. I am one of 2 people in our department on Thursday.

Old 2009-12-29, 12:27pm

Melissa,
You have to look at job possibilities as your opportunity to decide whether it's something you want to do or not. An interview is your time to learn about the position. Your husband might find out that he isn't interested. That way he won't wonder if he should have applied. Okay...that's my two cents. Good luck what ever you decide.

Sharlyn
Old 2009-12-29, 1:45pm
Obsessionwoman

Happy Holidays to everyone. Sandy, it's good that you are recovering.Chicken soup...lots of chicken soup...I'm sending you recovery hugs Dawn...you give so much to everyone else, now you need to take care of yourself.....
Robin...couch time isn't so bad..you've got a hubby to wait on you every minute. enjoy.
I just bought a pound of Aether clear from Double helix. They still have some so if Santa left anything in your glass stocking ...here is your chance to grab some.Can't wait for the next meeting..I miss you guys....Lenora
Old 2009-12-29, 3:11pm
Burn baby burn

Lindsey - I don't have any idea what those words you're using mean...but they scare the living daylights out of me. You go girl! I'll take a puppy any day.

MJ - I sure wish I could take Thursday off and help you out, but work has been extremely busy for me this time of the year. If you can't find someone, let me know, my sister lives in GR maybe she could help you out. She's a teacher, so she has this week off.

I hope everyone else is doing well and had a nice Christmas.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2009-12-29, 5:17pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Well group we are down to the wire so to speak on the arrival of another New Year!
I would like to wish each of you only the best for 2010. This is one of the most fantastic groups of people I have ever encountered and the best support system around...actually I think we all should run this country. God Bless each of you my friends.
"Happy New Year!!!!"

Old 2009-12-29, 11:32pm

MJ what time is your appointment and what part of town do you live in? I live 3 min from Blodgett and I am a nurse there. I have to work the night before and the night of, if its early enough I can take you.
Caroline
Old 2009-12-30, 3:52am

MJ,
If Caroline isn't able to work anything out to take you, depending on the time, I could probably do it. I'll be in and out today, but let me know.

Sharlyn
Old 2009-12-30, 7:10am
going crazy

MJ, if you haven't found anyhone yet, I can drive you. Give me a call.

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2009-12-30, 9:30am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

lol, lots of offers here. I can take you tomorrow too.

Old 2009-12-30, 9:31am
Superkitty

You guys are so nice!
Old 2009-12-30, 9:39am
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

How sweet of you all to take care for our M.J.
Wonderful people to know here.
Good Luck on your scan M.J.((((HUGS)))

Old 2009-12-30, 10:18am
Dot Princess

I agree Sandra this is a wonderful grop of people to know!

MJ I hope your scan goes good!

update:
They broke my water this morning at 8 had contractions till around 11:30 they weren't horribly painful but enough for me to almost ralph so I opted for the Epi and am feeling spectacular right now

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2009-12-30, 10:28am
Eight Miles Wide

Thank you for the update, Lindsey!

Old 2009-12-30, 11:26am
Princess Odd . . . lot

Wow - thanks so much for all of the offers - I was worried last night when I looked and noone was able to take me. I have a ride now so thanks everyone for the offers! I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!!!
Old 2009-12-30, 1:19pm

Hope the new year brings each of you what you need and what you want! Be safe and thanks for just being you! Happy New Year!

Sharlyn
Old 2009-12-30, 6:00pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I bet we have a baby by now!

Here are a few bracelets I just made for some eye candy. What have you all made lately?

Old 2009-12-30, 7:46pm

Nice work Tracy! I love the second one and the elements on the first one are rad!

No updates on Facebook for awhile either, so she must be done by now!

Happy new Year To Everyone!

Hugs,
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_bug View Post
I bet we have a baby by now!

Here are a few bracelets I just made for some eye candy. What have you all made lately?

Old 2009-12-30, 7:47pm

Tracy those are wonderful!

Jen
Old 2009-12-30, 9:15pm
Superkitty

Wow, great bracelets Tracy!