Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-04-20, 5:50pm
Burn baby burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
Laurie & Christa, I can meet you in the Micheal's parking lot at 10:30 will that work for the both of you?
Hey Tracy, just give me an address and I'll be there at 10:30.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~ "Oh Crap, She's up!"
Old 2010-04-21, 8:40am
I have beady eyes

I may have to drive myself later on Sat. Will let you know -
Old 2010-04-22, 12:20pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Jackie,

We have a thread in the backyard, your question might get seen faster in that one.
Its the SWC MI Welcome one.

This Sat at Sandra's in Coldwater.....just a reminder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
Old 2010-04-26, 5:36pm
Eight Miles Wide

I'm not going to be able to make it this Saturday. I have to be in GR by 5, and that is just a lot of driving. (go ahead and call me a wimp).

Old 2010-04-27, 2:41pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

"Dang" but I get lost on these threads......I haven't read this one since Jan. (I think I need to check in more often).
I really really hope we can do Saugatuck. I had the best time last year....and I want to get into that wine shop with Barb and Jamey ..........we can do that even if rains right?!

Old 2010-04-27, 6:42pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
I'm not going to be able to make it this Saturday. I have to be in GR by 5, and that is just a lot of driving. (go ahead and call me a wimp).
wimp.....

Mel its 40 mins to GR from here...just so you know.

Karen

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-04-29, 7:45am
Anyone need some spacers?

So Karen, we are doing food or are we just going to go out to lunch in Saugatuck? If we aren't going to be at your house lunch out might make more sense???

Old 2010-04-29, 2:33pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by giapet View Post
wimp.....

Mel its 40 mins to GR from here...just so you know.

Karen
Yes, but Doug has to be at Cannonsburg by 2. I may or may not have a ride up there, so I may have to be there at 2. Or, I may need to ready for a ride by 3:30 here. I have no idea. *sigh*

Old 2010-04-30, 5:22pm

Oh Gatekeeper....For the meeting page you need to change the place for Metal Camp in September.
Sandra H of Hodunk Hollow is hosting the metal camp ( not Sandra R of Simply Us).
Thanks sweetie.

Old 2010-04-30, 6:44pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodunkhollow View Post
Oh Gatekeeper....For the meeting page you need to change the place for Metal Camp in September.
Sandra H of Hodunk Hollow is hosting the metal camp ( not Sandra R of Simply Us).
Thanks sweetie.
Did you set a date yet? I vote for the 11th or 25th Were camping the weekend of the 18th.

Old 2010-05-01, 5:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Did you set a date yet? I vote for the 11th or 25th Were camping the weekend of the 18th.
No official date yet. I kind of figured everyone would weight in and let me know which date is best for the majority.

11th???
or
25th???

Sandra and Bug....any shows on these dates???
You two are my helpers for this event aren't you?

Old 2010-05-01, 5:34am
Your Royal Fritness

1st choice 25th, Nick and Josh are camping all weekend long so I'm free all weekend long!
2nd the 11th.

Old 2010-05-01, 7:56pm

So, Melissa, I guess we've come up with a date now for the camping weekend. June 11 and 12.

Get here as early as possible on the 11th for whatever we want to come up with to do. Smores, hotdogs, campfire at night, Camp out, or sleep in the house overnight, and then be done with everything else we want to do on Saturday, by about 4 or 5.

Dishes to pass, one for dinner on Friday night, and then lunch the next day. Breakfast on me Saturday morning.

Screaming through the woods will be acceptable, as long as scary campfire stories are involved. Yeeeeeeeee Gads!

Karen's still thinking about whether or not she will bring her camper, but I'll get mine set up so we can put 4 comfortably in the camper, and 6 comfortably in beds here in the house, and anyone can bring blow up beds, sleeping bags, or whatever.

Old 2010-05-02, 4:42am
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post
So, Melissa, I guess we've come up with a date now for the camping weekend. June 11 and 12.

Get here as early as possible on the 11th for whatever we want to come up with to do. Smores, hotdogs, campfire at night, Camp out, or sleep in the house overnight, and then be done with everything else we want to do on Saturday, by about 4 or 5.

Dishes to pass, one for dinner on Friday night, and then lunch the next day. Breakfast on me Saturday morning.

Screaming through the woods will be acceptable, as long as scary campfire stories are involved. Yeeeeeeeee Gads!

Karen's still thinking about whether or not she will bring her camper, but I'll get mine set up so we can put 4 comfortably in the camper, and 6 comfortably in beds here in the house, and anyone can bring blow up beds, sleeping bags, or whatever.
This sounds Great! I'll see what we have on the calendar. I don't think schools out yet here so it might work out

Old 2010-05-02, 10:29am

FYI......It has been suggested that we have Metal Camp on a Sunday in September it might work out better for many........I am sending out feelers for your opinions.....as I have no objection to hosting on a Sunday if it fits more schedules.

Old 2010-05-04, 7:35pm

Sorry Chris, I can't make your camping meeting. I have a show on that Saturday and Sunday the family is going to a Tiger's Game.

Metal camp on a Sunday works for me,.

Old 2010-05-04, 7:58pm
Superkitty

Well, it looks like there is enough interest to have a weekend retreat up here. Now comes the hard part… picking a date. Summer is busy and some of you have shows scheduled.

As far as I know, here’s what the calendar looks like right now.

July 2,3,4 - I could do it, but it is crazy busy up here and your travel time will be much longer going north from downstate on Friday
July 10 – Kayaking at Barb’s ? unless she changes it
July 16,17, 18 - Open
July 23, 24,25 – Open
July 30 – Tracy/Sandra having show in Traverse and spending night here on 30th ?
Aug 6, 7, 8 – Open
Aug 13-15 – I’ve got plans
Aug 20, 21, 22 – Open/Chris busy with school?
Aug 28, 29, 30 – Open/Chris back to school/kayaking at Barb’s if she changes it?

What works best for all of you?
Old 2010-05-07, 5:28pm

Bump....
Looks like there is alot going on this summer.
Let me know which Sunday in Sept. will work for everyone....I am open for any except
Labor Day Week end.

Old 2010-05-17, 7:34am
Superkitty

Sandra, I think DIPWAD is on Sept 25th, other than that, Sept is open for me.

I need to nail down a date for the N. MI Retreat at my place. Things are getting busy for the summer. Which of these three weekend dates works out the best for the most people?

This would be a weekend at my house of torching, eating, and exploring local events such as winery tours in Traverse City (1.5 hour trip) or local festivals if you'd like or just haning around here.

Cost $0. Just bring some food to share.

July 23-25 Fiber Festival at Castle Farms and Venetian Festival in Charlevoix (1/2 hour trip)
Aug 6-8 Boyne Falls Polish Festival (15 min. trip)
Oct 1-3 Boyne Harvest Festival (5 min. trip)

Please let me know if you are interested and which dates work out. Thanks!
Old 2010-05-18, 2:24pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Sandra, I think DIPWAD is on Sept 25th, other than that, Sept is open for me.

I need to nail down a date for the N. MI Retreat at my place. Things are getting busy for the summer. Which of these three weekend dates works out the best for the most people?

This would be a weekend at my house of torching, eating, and exploring local events such as winery tours in Traverse City (1.5 hour trip) or local festivals if you'd like or just haning around here.

Cost $0. Just bring some food to share.

July 23-25 Fiber Festival at Castle Farms and Venetian Festival in Charlevoix (1/2 hour trip)
Aug 6-8 Boyne Falls Polish Festival (15 min. trip)
Oct 1-3 Boyne Harvest Festival (5 min. trip)

Please let me know if you are interested and which dates work out. Thanks!
I don't really have an opinion, becuase I just don't think I can make any of those dates. Once a date is set, I will see what I can do.

Old 2010-05-18, 3:01pm
Superkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig View Post
I don't really have an opinion, becuase I just don't think I can make any of those dates. Once a date is set, I will see what I can do.
Well, it looks like October works out the best for the most people for the weekend retreat at my house. So let's do it then.

I hope you and the others who are having a hard time with October can work it out! !

Melissa, Gatekeeper of the 2010 South/West/Central Michigan Gathering Thread...

Would you like to add the weekend of Oct 1-3 to the calendar or should I start a separate thread?
Old 2010-05-18, 6:11pm
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Well, it looks like October works out the best for the most people for the weekend retreat at my house. So let's do it then.

I hope you and the others who are having a hard time with October can work it out! !

Melissa, Gatekeeper of the 2010 South/West/Central Michigan Gathering Thread...

Would you like to add the weekend of Oct 1-3 to the calendar or should I start a separate thread?
I'll add it.

Old 2010-05-21, 8:18am

Awesome Deb, I'm looking forward to it - it's on my calendar already!
Old 2010-05-24, 6:48am

Are we still canoeing on July 10th or is that going to be moved?

Old 2010-05-24, 10:21pm
Proudly owned by Felines

Chris, Can Teresa and I come? We are hoping we are healthy enough to make the trip (fibromyalgia kicks our butts sometimes) we would probably need a bed with our bad backs, but we can share if one is available!
I need inspiration. Laughter. Sillyness. If I don't find my creative muse again I'm going to implode.
Been a long time and I miss you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post

Old 2010-05-25, 9:11am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
Are we still canoeing on July 10th or is that going to be moved?
I have not heard yet.

Old 2010-05-25, 5:44pm

Sue please do come the more the merrier!

Old 2010-05-26, 9:33am
Eight Miles Wide

July & August updated

Old 2010-05-27, 7:08am

Yeah, Sandra and I don't have shows for either of those dates and can make them

Old 2010-05-30, 10:03pm

• Ok, I need a head count for June 11/12.
  • Copy and paste the list below, then add your name to the list.
  • Put your preference for sleeping arrangements next to your name and I'll accommodate as much as possible.
  • If you're bringing a sleeping bag or blow up bed put that next to your name too.
  • I'll start another list for what food to bring when we have a count.

I'll start the list:

1. Chris ~ Sleeping in my own bed!