No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-21, 10:29am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
One thing to consider on color: are you doing "additive" color mixing or "subtractive" color mixing? This is a concept in the physics of light and color -- oil painting, for example is subtractive, because the paints are opaque. You essentially subtract light from the color that you cover with opaque paint. But theater lighting (and stained glass too) is the classic example of additive color mixing - where the colors are transparent and they add to each other, or mix. So with transparent glass colors you are doing additive color mixing, and they better look good passing through each other (layering Rubino over EDP for example is additive.) With subtractive color mixing, using opaque colors, the color wheel info may work better. There you only need to worry about glass color cross-reactivity, as someone above mentioned. Just my 25 cents!
Huh! I've never heard of this, but it does make a lot of sense. I'm going to keep it in mind when choosing colors.
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-27, 10:10am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I read through some of the posts and I found this...http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwheel.asp
and
http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colo.../index-en.html
In this case you need to sit at the computer to use it but I found it quite interesting.
Regards Astrid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2008-08-27, 2:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Riedel View Post
I read through some of the posts and I found this...http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwheel.asp
and
http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colo.../index-en.html
In this case you need to sit at the computer to use it but I found it quite interesting.
Regards Astrid
Hey that first one, Spin the Color Wheel is fun! And easy,... just my speed.

Old 2008-08-27, 6:29pm
Mary Lockwood

I have that same pocket color wheel that Raymond posted a picture of, I love using it. It is the one that is shown in the color theory portion of the jellyfish tutorial. I'm off to check out that color palette site that Kandice posted, I've never been to that one before!

~~Mary

Old 2008-08-28, 12:40pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I have the Color Index book by Krause and I really like it.
I also have the pocket color wheel.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon