No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-05, 4:42pm
If you don't member,ASK!

Question Plastic beadable pens.

Has anyone used these. Any good? Durable?
I have a n individual that would like 8 custom pens, but cannot afford the incurred cost of glass + metal pens. I thought the plastic ones would be ok, but would like to see if anyone has experience with them. Thanks.

Michel & Lisa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Empty right now, but Lots of goodies coming soon!
Old 2009-08-05, 5:10pm
I fart diamonds

They're alright. They're not nearly as nice at the metal ones, but considering what you pay for them, not that bad. Depending on where you buy them, the colors are butt ugly and the ink runs out fast.

Old 2009-08-05, 5:23pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotflashwanda View Post
The metal pens are not that much more money than plastic. Plastic pen bodies are not nearly as nice with lampwork beads--and they are too lightweight to balance well for writing when you have glass beads on the top. If you order 10 pens you can get them for about $5 each from Karen Thomas:
www.karenthomas.us

Anita
www.nitabeads.com
Actually, she has some metal ones up now for $5 each and you don't have to get 10.

I bought some plastic ones 3 or 4 years ago and I only paid $1 for them. I can't remember the website, though. If I find it again, I'll post it here.

Old 2009-08-06, 8:07pm
If you don't member,ASK!

Last time we checked on the pens they were 10.00 each so I am very happy to see they are down to 5.00. Thank you Shawnette for the info. I guess we should have checked on the current prices. LOL

Michel & Lisa

Empty right now, but Lots of goodies coming soon!
Old 2009-08-09, 9:51am
TravelLight&Don'tRush

My vote is definitely for the metal pens...they feel SO much better in your hand, and in my books that first impression counts. They are only that little bit more than the plastic ones, and as mentioned if you buy in bulk you can get the discount.