LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-12-31, 5:58pm

Greg and Deanna can I PLEASE PLEASE see pictures of your bus??? It is by far my dream mobile 2 years ago we drove down to arkansas with all of our tax money for one from Illinois. Too bad the woman had lied about the condition it was in...
also, how does your internet access work? Do you stop and use it at truck stops or do you have some type of satelite??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-01, 7:48am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Here ya go:

Lets see....we have www.maxwellsatellite.com for our internet. It takes Greg usually about a 1/2 hr to set up every time we go somewhere.

Our mail is sent to www.escapees.com here in Livingston. They are an organization by Rvers for Rvers. They have a mail forwarding service and a network of parks. A really wonderful organization. It allows us to have a mailing address here in Texas, so we can call ourselves Texas residents. So we just tell them where to send our mail once a week or so. Most Post Offices will allow general delivery and most parks will let you send your mail there too.

We buy our own Health Insurance. One of our biggest expenses. Our network is here in Texas. So we usually come through here once a year and get out check ups done.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-01-01, 12:34pm

that is so sweet! what a wonderful life you live, wonder how hard it would be with a kiddo?
but I wanna see the volkswagen

Old 2007-01-01, 12:43pm
Glass Bandit

Oh boy does that look like tranquility !!!!

One day... it's something I aspire to !!

Les xx

Old 2009-08-07, 8:19am
TravelLight&Don'tRush

"but I wanna see the volkswagen " well, it is not a volkswagen but it is a bus. Have a look at this sweet set up that shortglassbus has on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojwZP...eature=related
Old 2009-08-07, 8:32am
Salt Box Beads

Hi, the original post is from 2005..very old. They now have an adorable bungalow in Louisiana. I think they still have the bus though??

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2009-08-07 at 8:36am.
Old 2009-08-11, 4:57am
Formerly Travelin'gal

We have settled in Louisiana, for the time being. We tend to get restless every handful of years and make changes to our lifestyle. We did sell the RV last year, having the poor thing just sitting out back was a little depressing after the 5 glorious years she gave us living on the road. We do still have the VW, it's kinda sorta going threw a restoration, slowly as money allows. It's no longer our primary auto as it's not really the easiest to drive and is a little persnikity being 38 years old and all. I'll have to look and see if I can find a pic of her somewhere. New house and old VW. One of the best parts of living on the road was the oportunity to meet so many friends from LE in real life! Even so this new adventure in Louisiana is even better than life on the road.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2009-08-11, 5:13am
Formerly Travelin'gal

That's the house just as we were buying her. Here's what she looks like after quite a lot of energy and paint.

This is Greg by the way.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2009-08-12, 9:37pm

very cute home, sweet bus. i have a 78 vw camper. my baby

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-08-13, 12:03pm
TravelLight&Don'tRush

Love the new paint colour on the house. I had a 72 VW van for years and still miss it. May your newly planted roots run deep!