Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-02-23, 9:32pm

Red face Looking for someone to teach me...

I am in Tallahassee, FL. I am looking for some one to spend an entire day teaching me how to make great beads with my wonderful HH. I have two of them, plenty of glass, and lots of presses and shapers. I can come to you if you are with in a few hours.
I have a basic understanding of how to use my hh, but I am a clueless when it comes to anything fancier than making a round bead.
If any one is interested in helping me out, please let me know. I do not know how much these sorts of things cost, but right now, all my lampworking supplies are just sitting there not being used because I jsut sort of don't know what to do, and that is a major waste of moeny. I love working with the glass and the heat. I love to create. I have made several beads, focals, and a few sculptural beads. I am ready to get back in to this great hobby.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Tiffany
Old 2010-02-23, 10:20pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Awww too bad you are not in my city as I am really getting in the mood to do some teaching. I hope you can find someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannydotson View Post
I am in Tallahassee, FL. I am looking for some one to spend an entire day teaching me how to make great beads with my wonderful HH. I have two of them, plenty of glass, and lots of presses and shapers. I can come to you if you are with in a few hours.
I have a basic understanding of how to use my hh, but I am a clueless when it comes to anything fancier than making a round bead.
If any one is interested in helping me out, please let me know. I do not know how much these sorts of things cost, but right now, all my lampworking supplies are just sitting there not being used because I jsut sort of don't know what to do, and that is a major waste of moeny. I love working with the glass and the heat. I love to create. I have made several beads, focals, and a few sculptural beads. I am ready to get back in to this great hobby.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Tiffany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-02-24, 7:55am

Thanks. Hope so, too.
Old 2010-02-25, 6:29am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Fanny,

I am in orlando, is that too far? Send me a PM if you like. I dont have a hot head but my shop is set up for 2 folks to work in.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-02-25, 4:09pm

My brother in law lives in Umatilla, near Orlando. When we go to visit them next, I will give you a holler adn see if we can get together. Thank you!!!
Old 2010-02-26, 5:55am
DSDWC

There is a guy named Michael Strivelli who was running a boro shop down in Railroad Square last time I was in town. He had all intentions of getting a teaching studio going. You might check with him. He may be able to put you in touch with the right person.
I went to Grad school in Tallahassee and visited Havana a few times. I love the area. Sometimes wish I had stayed there. Got lots of friends in the area.

Old 2010-02-27, 12:01am

I am from Texas, but I will never go back there to live. I love Havana. There are just enough stores and what-nots here to make it small town, yet convinient. And being so close to Tally Town is great!
Thanks for the info on the Railroad Square fella. I will look him up.
If you come back through this area, let me know.