Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2007-02-27, 1:13pm
critter creator

Question DIFFERENT Fujifilm FinePix Problem

Hello!

This is separate from the other Fuji FinePix post...

I've got a Fujifilm FinePix A310, which is about 2-3 years old now. It's been a GREAT camera, but currently won't let me take any photos.

Whenever I turn it on in photo- or video-taking mode, it has a big error message: "Focus Error" on the LCD screen.

I've tried reseting it from within the Setup Options menu (to no avail) and also leaving the batteries out of it for a week, trying to force a hard-reset (to no avail.)

I seem to recall this having happened once before, but am not certain.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm thinking that it could just be a planned obsolescence as I've taken more the 4500 photos with it and it's a cheap (<$200 at time of purchase) camera. Hopefully not, though!!!

Any input is appreciate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-02, 1:53pm
Still strange and unusual

Best bet is contact Fuji for this one. See Here :
http://www.digi-darkroom.com/archive...p/t-16655.html

and here
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/...quicklink=true

Maybe Fuji can fix it.
Sorry wasn't more help.

Donna Jo

Bitterness is a dead end. Hatred hurts no one more than he who harbored it.
The wine of alienation is loneliness. ~ Dean Koontz -Strangers

Old 2007-03-02, 2:12pm
critter creator

Hmmm. THAT certainly doesn't look promising!

Thanks for the links, though... I just submitted an email on their website, so we'll see what happens.

Seems like it might be time to buy a new, NON-FUJIFILM digicam...

Wes.
Old 2007-03-02, 5:03pm
Still strange and unusual

But , but, I love my Fuji s5200. It's awesome. Hope they fix it for you

Donna Jo

Bitterness is a dead end. Hatred hurts no one more than he who harbored it.
The wine of alienation is loneliness. ~ Dean Koontz -Strangers

Old 2007-03-02, 5:24pm
Boro Brat

Wes, Fuji is great!! Don't go for a camera brand because of their warrantees...they all suck as far as those go! If you liked your fuji...go for another! I loved mine

Old 2007-03-07, 4:49pm
critter creator

YAY!!!

So I emailed Fujifilm and got a response telling me to basically do all of the things I had already done to try fixing it, including taking the batteries out for several days, turning the camera off-and-on-and-off-and-on-and-off-and-on in rapid succession. Guess what, NONE of it worked and big surprise right, because I had already tried all of this stuff to no avail.

Anyways, I just gave up on my camera and threw it on the floor. The impact apparently caused the camera to be turned on and IT NO LONGER HAS THE "FOCUS ERROR" issue!!!

This camera has been making me so upset - no new pictures of my work, no pictures of all the crazy snow that's been piling up around here, no pictures of my wife or dog or cat... Looks like the camera just needed some sense knocked into it! Anyways, probably not something you want to try until you're basicly about to throw out your camera, but it worked here! Go figure...

Old 2007-03-07, 11:46pm
Boro Brat

LOL Wes!!!!!! Way to go! You tell that camera who's boss!!!!