LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-08-16, 4:42am

Maybe we should wear a label-nametag stick on thing with a big "V" for "Valley Forge Girls Plus Chad" so we can find each other easily... I wil not have internet connection there so we should definately firm up time and place soon. 4:30 on Friday is good for me. It is going to be good to meet and make these connections as I do not know anyone there. I am already wishing I was sharing a booth with someone...maybe next year!!
Mimi
Old 2008-08-16, 4:50am

Hi again, I just checked. The show floor is open til 7 Friday, Meet the Teachers is opening at 8:30 Maybe we should meet at 7 Friday so we can check out the show first, then get together then, grab food, chat and trade....Then go to meet the teachers...Mimi
Old 2008-08-16, 4:55am

[quote=lilacwind;2014952]Hi again, I just checked. The show floor is open til 7 Friday, Meet the Teachers is opening at 8:30 Maybe we should meet at 7 Friday so we can check out the show first, then get together then, grab food, chat and trade....Then go to meet the teachers...Mimi["Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in bradside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW-What a Ride!!"
Old 2008-08-16, 4:57am

So much for trying the quote thing...what is the trick?
Mimi
Old 2008-08-16, 5:05am
Calendar Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacwind View Post
So much for trying the quote thing...what is the trick?
Mimi
First click the quote button. Then you have to start with the quote in brackets and end with the quote in brackets. You can edit what's inbetween, but you have to "sandwich" your quote between those bracketed quote thingys. Does that make sense?
Oh yeah, and click preview to make sure it worked!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-16, 5:11am

Thanks, preview is a good thing!!! I will try to post a photo soon- one step at a time...Mimi
Old 2008-08-17, 10:05am
Damn Frit Bitch

I'll be with Lea and says we'll be coming to meet everybody. I'll just follow her.... It will be nice to meet you all!!!
Susan
Old 2008-08-17, 2:41pm
Calendar Girl

Default LE Nametag pdf

Hi everyone--
With Corri's OK, I have made a label template with the LE logo on it. These will be great for us all to be able to find each other at Beadfest.

I can bring some blank labels to the show, but if you want the pdf template so you can print them out yourself, just pm me with your email addy and I will send it back to you as an attachment. They are designed to work with Avery 5164 labels.

Looking forward to seeing,meeting everyone!
-Marjorie
And thanks, Karen for the eps. file!

Old 2008-08-17, 7:24pm
Dangerous Woman

I don't want to post it in a thread but if anyone wants to trade cell #s to help meet up I'm game. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you my #.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-17, 9:49pm

We'll be at booth 333/432.

When is the meet the teachers? I should look that up.

Old 2008-08-18, 2:35pm
ManBearPig

I'll be easy to find. Just look for the lampworking class rooms and find the one with my name on it. I'll be in there all day. I'm assuming they will be in the same place as last year, which is all the way in the back behind the vendors on the bottom floor.

Should we post pictures of ourselves so we'll recognize each other?

Old 2008-08-18, 9:20pm
Dangerous Woman

You can't miss me. I'm a full figured gal with dreadlocks down to my a**.

Old 2008-08-19, 1:26pm
Scientific Glass Girl

this is me at beadfest last year with john winter. i'll be at booth 1231, and i look forward to seeing everyone!

Old 2008-08-19, 1:46pm
ManBearPig

Me:

Old 2008-08-23, 8:23am
Dangerous Woman

Oh Beadfest was a blast! It was great meeting all of you LE peeps! We even swapped a few beads! Cosmo I will forever treasure that marble! Glassy people are the best!

And don't let the fact that Mimi is a 'junior member' fool you she makes beads like I can only dream of making!

Old 2008-08-23, 3:43pm

I agree with Nancy...Beadfest was a blast!
I loved meeting everyone
I got a Cosmos marble & a John Winter bead and drooled over so many talented artists creations I couldn't wait to congratulate everyone!
BTW have AlivELampworK show pictures of her booth. The displays were stunning, eyecatching and very original.
Jeri's book is awesome & I know I'll put it to good use once my studio is refinished & I can get back to lampworking after all this time.

= finally

= Nada
On a Minor with a Regalia
Old 2008-08-24, 5:18pm

We just got home, and the best thing we brought home from BeadFest was MEITAL!!! It was great to see everyone and make new friends, especially awesome to watch Ali's demo. Hope everyone got home safely, Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-08-24, 6:21pm

Hi to all those new friends I met in Philly. I feel I learned so very much from the two lampworking classes I took, Boro Pendants and Sculptural flowers with Stephanie Magdelaena. Thanks Chad! You really opened my eyes with your work and your class instruction. You took the mystery out of many pieces of glass.. I will forge ahead!! Stephanie's class was so right up my alley you can't imagine...I am so into flowers! So anyway when I got home, it only took me about 1 hour to settle in before I got the torch going... I just had to try the dragonfly, a butterfly, a flower and Susan suggested for me to start my beads with the two end caps...so I tried that. It is all in the kiln, I willtry to attach the photos tomorrow night. I'm not great with the computer stuff. By the way, Nancy, thanks for such a nice compliment. It was really such a great thing to meet and trade with you all. Ali...I should have known it was you-Scientific Glass girl!! We took the class at Tin City! I did not get to your booth- I am sorry. You were the only one I actually knew before getting there! Too little time. I want 4 more hours in every day...
Take care,
Mimi
Old 2008-08-24, 6:24pm
Scientific Glass Girl

aww faith thank you.

here was my booth.

my side.

natalie's side.

i had a great time, natalie is an amazing friend and booth buddy, she kept me smiling the whole show..my mom is great too, she was with me the whole show. we all had a good time. i got a ton of cool stuff too..some saki clasps, some silver beads, a ton of gemstones from the woman across from me, 12 pendants from natalie, some lillypilly tiger ebony beads, and four rods of pandora. i am psyched about pandora, its a great color. i used it when i demoed, and even without the special cycle, it had great iridescence.

i love seeing familiar faces, it was great to see you jeri and neil! and it was fantastic to meet all the new faces to put to names that i've talked to on LE. i hope everyone enjoyed beadfest.

Old 2008-08-24, 6:25pm
Scientific Glass Girl

aww mimi!! no worries, i'm glad you had a great time at your class!

i told myself on the way home i'd be sleeping by now.. my kitchen table is covered in beads and i am packing up things that i sold on etsy while i was gone. i am going to crash hard soon.

Old 2008-08-24, 7:50pm
Damn Frit Bitch

I had a great time too! I went by some of your booths, but you all were busy with customers, so I didn't want to risk loosing some sales and went on, planning on coming back and then never made it back (I am such a slacker!!!). Chad's class was great and he's a great teacher. So patient with the clutzy students!!! And I made away with TWO of his lovely beads (traded a frog for a turtle!!).

I was really in love with the firebird torch (was SO MUCH hotter than my Cuda), but with all the problems that it had, I went and made them give me my money back (had paid for one of the class torches at lunch on Friday). So sad.... I really had fun melting my boro like butter instead of like FOREVER on my cuda....

Thanks Chad for a great class! Hope I can retain some of the stuff I learned and make beautiful beads eventually!!!
Susan
Susan
Old 2008-08-24, 8:45pm
Master Procrastinator

I'll chime in with Susan about Chad's class. He has the patience of a saint. He made it all look so easy when he demo'd, but we soon found out just how hard inside out beads are when we tried it on our own.

I too tried to stop by some of your booths, but it looked like you were all doing a brisk business. (good for you!) I did get to say hi to Jeri for just a minute and enjoyed having dinner with some fellow LE'ers.

Old 2008-08-24, 8:58pm
Dangerous Woman

Oooooohhhh I forgot about Jeri! I got her book and some of those hollow mandrels with the hole in them. I will soon be able to make a hollow bead. She promised me I could!

Old 2008-08-25, 9:45am
ManBearPig

Had a great time at BeadFest, like always. Classes went very well I think.

Got to do some trading as well. I'll post pics of what I got later this week. I wish I could have stayed for Sunday so I could do some shopping, but oh well.... had a good time anyways.

Now back to work to try to get through this mountain of jobs that accumulated while I was gone....