Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-01-05, 10:40pm
Mama said

Default Picture help, please?

Hi everyone,

Quite awhile ago a dear lady very kindly offered to resize a few photos for me so I could post them here. Well, I was too dang stubborn and really wanted to learn how to do it myself. I tried photobucket and one other free site. Everytime I try to post the pictures here, they are HUGE. I would really love to show you all some of my beads, but I just can't!

I've never had trouble posting pics on WC (although it's been eons ago) or on ebay. Is it me? Is it LE? What? lol

Could I get a resize?

Many Blessings,
Michelle
Old 2006-01-06, 12:28am
Sheila

Here's a free, easy-to-use image resizing application: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-06, 1:35am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Hey Michelle,
I was having this exact problem a while back, trying to enter Tink's contest in the game room. I tried these things too and played with the pictures for what seemed like hours. I reset my camera and now the pictures are smaller. (Don't know jack about the camera, so I just played with the settings.) That seemed to fix the problem. Still haven't posted my pics in that thread - or any other - but I think I got a handle on the huge picture problem. At least they show up within the allotted size that flashes on the screen when you try to post here. Just a thought.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-01-06, 6:46am
Lauscha Lady

Hi Michelle,

If you have photoshop, or a similar program, here's how to do it. Bring the picture into the program. From the top menu, choose 'image', then 'image size'. Make sure that your dimensions are in inches to make it easier. Make sure that you have the 'constrain proportions' checked off (this will proportionally change the image size when you make a change to either the width or the height). Make sure the resolution is at 72 - this is a good resolution for the internet. You see in my pic how the height is 17.778? All you now do is select (or delete) this and type in 6. That will automatically change the width to 4.5 and voila - your pic is a manageable size. Now all you have to do is save this picture.

Hope this makes sense. /grace

Last edited by grace edwards; 2006-01-07 at 7:03am.
Old 2006-01-07, 12:54am
Mama said

Thank you all so very much!

I hope to have time over the weekend to work on this.

Many Blessings,
Michelle
Old 2006-01-07, 12:55am
Mama said

Grace...you are speaking my language when you use pictures! lol

Many Blessings,
Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc
Hi Michelle,

If you have photoshop, or a similar program, here's how to do it. Bring the picture into the program. From the top menu, choose 'image', then 'image size'. Make sure that you're dimensions are in inches to make it easier. Make sure that you have the 'constrain proportions' checked off (this will proportionally change the image size when you make a change to either the width or the height). Make sure the resolution is at 72 - this is a good resolution for the internet. You see in my pic how the height is 17.778? All you now do is select (or delete) this and type in 6. That will automatically change the width to 4.5 and voila - your pic is a manageable size. Now all you have to do is save this picture.

Hope this makes sense. /grace
Old 2006-01-07, 1:10am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Awesome information, bbc. That helps us photo illiterate folks a lot!!! Thanks.

Old 2006-01-10, 6:12am
Lauscha Lady

You're welcome - glad it helped. I'm a very visual learner as well. If you don't have this exact program, you'll find that any photo program will have very similar menu choices. The other tool I should have also mentioned is the the crop tool. You can crop the picture first, and then resize to a manageable size and resolution. pm me if you're not sure how to use the crop tool. /grace

Old 2006-01-10, 7:00am

Grace,
You made that very clear. (It's a step I know but usually forgt and have to go back and follow through.)

Got any other photo pointers? I read every photo thread I see. You never know when something will pop up and stick in the brain. Mine really need help.

Nancy