Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-05-02, 11:34am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Default Anyone going to Bead Fest Philadelphia?

I was thinking about going to Bead Fest in Phili this August and wanted to see if anyone else was going. I was hoping to take some cool classes but nobody looks familiar. It seems everything was geared for metalsmithing and wire. Are ppl going and just selling? Whats up with that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2010-05-02, 4:35pm
BeadsonCypress

I will, I know Ofilia will be there.....I met soooo many LE'rs there last year...It has lots of booths (no so many individual lampworkers tho... but a great place to find almost everyting you are looking for. (Check out ABR's glass sales on the lower level in the corner) Findings galore (and way to many importers of semi-precious stones).

I usually stay over and attend the instructor's reception. There are some classes but most are related to jewelry making and only a few lampworking, but well worth the price!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-05-02, 5:37pm

Smile

Thanks, Susan! Yes, I'll be there selling with three other fellow Chicagoland lampworkers, Karen Ovington, Diane Tartarulo and Cindy McEwen. It will be our third year selling.

I can't tell you about the workshops, as I don't get a chance to take any. I think the metal working workshops, some could lend themselves well to find ways to integrate your lampwork beads, so it's well worth checking them out. Research the names of the instructors as many are also selling at the venue. I know, because I've seen some very cool jewelry designers booths there and wished I had time to play more!

I belive Cosmo taught there this past year!

Old 2010-05-02, 8:19pm
ManBearPig

I have taught there for the past 5 years. Not this year though. We may come up for a couple days though. I had thought about getting a table and selling, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen or not. We have a lot going on around that time of year.

But, if you're looking for glass classes, I think Rashan Jones is teaching this year. He's a great teacher. George O'Grady will be there teaching too.

Old 2010-05-03, 6:17am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

I will be there with a table as well.... was looking forward to some classes but the table won....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2010-05-08, 5:50am
sunscreen me baby

hmmm, thinking about it.

~

Old 2010-05-20, 4:44am
Common Lurker

I really enjoyed selling at this show last year! Can't wait for August! Ofilia, Karen, Cindy and myself share an end-cap and have too much fun!

Old 2010-05-20, 9:00am
susanLambert

It's very geared toward metals, and seed beads too. Lots of vendors. I really enjoy it when I can go, and have taught at it several times.
SusanLambert

Old 2010-05-20, 1:47pm
sunscreen me baby

Sent in my paperwork yesterday.

~

Old 2010-06-09, 11:10am

I signed up for a class, but it was so long ago I don't remember what class I signed up for!!!
Beadfest is worth a trip. There is always a lot of vendors just not a lot of glass related sellers. ABR is usually there, as is Wale Apparatus. The classes are fun, and there is a lot of variety to choose from.

Liz

Old 2010-08-06, 7:17am

Exclamation

Okay, is anyone else getting ants in their pants with excitement of this upcoming show in just TWO WEEKS??!

I just can't wait!

Old 2010-08-06, 7:24am
sunscreen me baby

Oh my, so little time!

Today is the electricity deadline, off to fax.

I'll be in booth #1344

~

Old 2010-08-06, 8:54am
ManBearPig

This will be the first BeadFest in the past 6 or 7 years that I haven't been to. Hopefully next year...

Old 2010-08-06, 8:58am
My lab pups - Mojo & Babe

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Just staying one night and have signed up for three classes. Can't wait.

See you there Kris!

|
|

Old 2010-08-06, 12:36pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
This will be the first BeadFest in the past 6 or 7 years that I haven't been to. Hopefully next year...
Chad, so sorry to miss you this year! Your picture flashes up several times on their site slide show, btw, in case you have not seen it. There will be many dissapointed to miss you. See you the next time around. Take care.

Old 2010-08-06, 12:38pm

Smile

Here's a convenient link for folks to see who all will be exhibiting:

http://www.beadfest.com/beadfest/phl_exhibitors.cfm

Hope to see many of you there.

Old 2010-08-06, 4:31pm
BeadsonCypress

I still have my LE Badge from three years ago!! I will be Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to meet up!! Breakfast anyone?

Old 2010-08-06, 7:55pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

I will be there, but Im not doing it. I have along way to go before I can even hope to be in beadfest. If you want, sent me a pm, and I will shoot you my phone number, maybe we can meet up. I only live an hour and a half away from there All of you doing beadfest, do you know your locations? I want to MAKE SURE I come see your stuff and meet you too..If you know your locations, can you pm me, or just send me the names of your booths so I can find you So looking forward to meeting all my le peeps in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBeth View Post
I was thinking about going to Bead Fest in Phili this August and wanted to see if anyone else was going. I was hoping to take some cool classes but nobody looks familiar. It seems everything was geared for metalsmithing and wire. Are ppl going and just selling? Whats up with that?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-08-06 at 7:58pm.
Old 2010-08-07, 5:33am
sunscreen me baby

Stop by and say hi Kelly

~

Old 2010-08-07, 7:21am
Formerly Kellyhorton

i will do!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Stop by and say hi Kelly

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-08-07, 7:23am
Formerly Kellyhorton

I think all the le people should have some little sign hanging in their booth, le, so we can find you!!!!
Corny, but hay...I would rather buy from le peeps than strangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
Thanks, Susan! Yes, I'll be there selling with three other fellow Chicagoland lampworkers, Karen Ovington, Diane Tartarulo and Cindy McEwen. It will be our third year selling.

I can't tell you about the workshops, as I don't get a chance to take any. I think the metal working workshops, some could lend themselves well to find ways to integrate your lampwork beads, so it's well worth checking them out. Research the names of the instructors as many are also selling at the venue. I know, because I've seen some very cool jewelry designers booths there and wished I had time to play more!

I belive Cosmo taught there this past year!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-07, 7:24am
Formerly Kellyhorton

I will find you! lol
sounds like a line out of a scary movie, he he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesaurus View Post
I will be there with a table as well.... was looking forward to some classes but the table won....

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-08-07, 7:40am
BeadsonCypress

I am just a visitor...my stuff is no where near what you will see on the floor. (I still miss Shannon and our annual visit)....But I will surely try to catch everyone I can!!

Old 2010-08-07, 7:45am
sunscreen me baby

I have free passes I am emailing out to my mailing list next week if you ladies want one. Sign up here and then you can always unsubscribe later:
http://www.susansheehan.net/pages/retailnewsletter.php

~

Old 2010-08-08, 10:09am

I'm going as a "buyer" as well. Plan to be there "bright and early" Friday morning ... have to work Friday evening!!!

Old 2010-08-08, 10:23am
Life is good

when and where is this?

Old 2010-08-08, 1:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelovins View Post
when and where is this?
Valley Forge Convention Center just outside of Philadelphia (northern side) on August 20, 21, and 22nd.

www.beadfest.com ... click on Philadelphia Fest.

Come on down!!!

Old 2010-08-09, 8:40am

Smile

Four of us from Illinois are sharing a double end cap booths #333/432. Be sure to stop by and say "Hi" to Cindy McEwen, Karen Ovington, Diane Tarullo and me. Having cut down my shows drastically this year, I'm super exicted to 'get out' and show again!

Old 2010-08-11, 7:56am

ABR will back in our normal spot, on the lower level. We will again be in the classrooms as well. Ask your teachers about buying your torch from your class!

Ross and Cody will have tons of wonderful deals for everyone at the booth as well. I believe there will be great deals on classroom kilns as well!

I am staying home to hold down the fort this year, so have fun everyone!

I think there are still a couple spots in Lauri Copelands class, so fill that one up folks!

Old 2010-08-11, 3:26pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

LOL... GREAT... my booth is 237... 1st row right turn almost the last booth on the left....

see you there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
I will find you! lol
sounds like a line out of a scary movie, he he.

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....