Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2006-08-07, 6:15am
Detail G-Mama!

Default EZ Cube backgrounds?

Ok before I go and spend money on this I was wondering if anyone has the EZ Cube 12" background. I just read that it's photo paper, not vinyl like the bigger ones he has. Won't the vinyl pattern show up on the close up shots? I just don't want to waste my money on a paper background that could tear up easily!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-08-07, 3:24pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts
Ok before I go and spend money on this I was wondering if anyone has the EZ Cube 12" background. I just read that it's photo paper, not vinyl like the bigger ones he has. Won't the vinyl pattern show up on the close up shots? I just don't want to waste my money on a paper background that could tear up easily!
Anne,

If you are handy with a sewing machine, measure out the size of it and just make you a pillow case type piece with velcro to attach to the back of the Cube. I think this would eliminate the pattern thing if you use a nice enough fabric. You could even make it out of vinyl if you chose to. I have asked my mom to make me some from some kewl batik fabrics, but she just hasn't had the time or I'd have some real life experience to tell you also!

If you do make any, I might just have to buy one off of you as I doubt mom will have any time!!!

Hope this idea helps,

Stacy

btw, it was GREAT to finally meet you in person! I may get to come to Austin in April to your meeting, so maybe we'll get to catch up again then.

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2006-08-07, 3:38pm
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks Stacy! I'm looking for the graduated white to black fade for the background. Not sure if the fabric would work or not. I've tried printing one on our computer and it had awful lines going through it. It was great getting to finally meet you too! I heard you might be coming down so hopefully I'll see ya then!!

Old 2006-08-07, 4:12pm

Hi Anne, Backgrounds are a dime a doz. If your having problem with you printer. It maybe your not set up your file right. Now every printer is different. But It's all about setting up the file to match your printers resolution. Try 180, 300 or 360 dpi at the size of paper your printing out.

Do this in photoshop. go to file then new. Set the size (SAY 8x10 ) and set the dpi at the above mentioned values. Buy some quality paper (Mate ) and play , See what prints best. But if you still have your printers manual, go though it and try to find the optimum setting for your printer.

Also If you have a Photo/Blue store. Or Art supply store. Check to see if they carrie Pantone products.
Scott

ESTY

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2006-08-07 at 4:15pm.