Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-07-26, 4:57am
szglassy

Default Anyone shoot woth a NikonD70??

Is there anyone out there taking thier glass pics with a Nikon D70?

If so.what lens do you use to shoot?

Can you post some pics???

Is it your camera of choice?????

Thanks, Sue
Old 2008-08-12, 7:48am
szglassy

Hello out there.....................Anyone?????????
Old 2008-08-13, 7:10pm

I use a D70 for my photos. I'm not sure what lens I have--I'll have to check. But I do use a close-up filter also. I will try to post some photos and more details for you tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-15, 10:42am
szglassy

Thanks Steamer!

I have the lens that came with the camera.18-70.
What is a close up filter?

Can't wait to see some pics!
Old 2008-08-15, 6:33pm
Broken

I have a D70 with a 60mm macro, love it! All my etsy pics are taken with it.

Old 2008-08-16, 1:26am
Bitten by the travel bug

I use the macro I used to have on my analgue SLR. The fixed focal length makes for much better quality lens, but its manual all the way, so it doesnt work with the auto focus or auto light reading. Luckily, taking bead pics with a tripod and using a photo cube means I only have to fiddle with the settings for a while, once they are set, I dont need to change them. Its agreta camera, but the lens that comes with it kinda sucks. I want to buy a fixed 50 mm lens at least, zooms just dont cut it for quality.

Old 2008-08-17, 9:23pm
maybe tomorrow

I got a D80 last year. The D70 was no longer available. I got this lens, and love it. I think this is the same lens that Nicker is using.

Old 2008-08-23, 10:47am

I have the D70 and use the same lens Toni does. It was a steep learning curve for me and I still have trouble with some photos, but overall I like it. A couple of pics
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-23, 11:30am

Oops--said I'd post and didn't. My son broke his arm and had surgery, and I've been a bit distracted!

Well, here are the close-up filters I WAS using...
http://www.amazon.com/67mm-MACRO-CLO...9515828&sr=8-3

But I am in the middle of redoing my website, and I decided I just wasn't happy with the photos I was getting, so I just bought a 60mm Macro lens. I love it! No more distortion--the images are very nice and crisp. I got it here:http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=NK6028G

If you look at my current website, all of the photos there were taken using the close-up filters. I will post some new photos with the new lens soon. I'm getting ready for a huge photo session!

Amy

Old 2008-08-26, 4:56am
Passion for Glassion

I shoot with a d70, and the lens is an 18-70. I do not have the close up lenses yet.
I will be buying a macro lens soon. I have been really happy with my camera. Although
there are smaller (lighter weight point and shoots that take great shots)

Close up lenses are much less expensive than a macro lens, although purists prefer the macro lens.

Suz

"Things are beautiful if you love them. "
Quote by Jean Anouilh

Old 2008-09-08, 5:31pm
szglassy

Thanks everyone-great pics. Sorry for the late reply.........I've been busy lately.
I'm gong to have to dig through my camera bag to see if I have any of those lenses.
Old 2008-10-03, 3:24am
Damn Frit Bitch

What is the difference between the 60mm macro and the 60mm Nikkor Micro? (other than price)? And do you use any kind of filters?