No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-11-21, 11:45pm
Gay rights R human rights

Default concentrator troubles

Ok, I finally have my concentrator. I unpack the box, plug it in and follow the instructions.

It says to leave the valve on the torch open and to run the machine for 5-10 min for the machine to warm up (Devilbiss). My problem is that I cant get any flow.

No matter which way I turn the adjustment knob (its not labeled) I cannot get the flow indicator to move nor is there any output at the torch.

At first the operation normal light is on and then after about 15 min it changed to not normal.

I have emailed Priscille at Moretti Glass Canada but I thought I would ask in here as well.

Is it something easy to fix? Maybe I just havent done something that I was supposed to do. I am so dissapointed that I couldnt fire up the bobcat tonight.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Leslie
Old 2006-11-22, 11:02am
Fight glass with FIRE

You have a symbol on the knob that goes from a small line to a thicker line. to go higher in the LPM you turn the knobs towards the right. I was out yesterday and Priscille was left alone for all the technical stuff which I take care of but I will give you a call ASAP to see what is wrong with it but I'm guessing the shipping probably has to do with the problem since the concentrator was tested when I received them and I test them again before I send them out to customers. No problem if it is broken I'll replace it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2006-11-22, 11:26am

Priscille and I have connected and we are going to trouble shoot tonight after I get home from work. I'm sure it is something that is probably very simple but I did try the knob in the all the way on position as well as the all the way off position and everywhere inbetween. Never fear, I know that together we can solve it.
Leslie
Old 2006-11-22, 2:51pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Could also be internal problem that a piece of tubing has come off inside unit and it is working, but just not producing oxygen at output connector.....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-11-22, 3:26pm
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Could also be internal problem that a piece of tubing has come off inside unit and it is working, but just not producing oxygen at output connector.....

Dale
Dale is soo right. Last week one of my oxycons was pumping away... and then all of a sudden nothing coming out. Still running like a charm... just no flow -- zero, nada.

Hmmmm... I opened it up and the poly hose connecting the last hepa filter to the flow meter had popped off. Reconnected it and Voila! Flow!

Me
Old 2006-11-22, 8:23pm

All fixed!!

Emmanuel at Moretti Canada is great. Talked my DH and myself through trouble shooting and got it working. The brass fitting in the outlet had been turned around and so the hole was blocked.
Old 2006-11-22, 8:54pm
Fight glass with FIRE

Like I mentionned just tighten the hose by hand and it will be great. The wrench was probably just a little much since the brass is an insert.

I'm happy the concentrator was not broken in the shipping. It will also prevent you from being too long away from making beads with your new torch.

Emmanuel Germain