Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-11-22, 10:57am
OuTeRsPaCe GiRl

Default Zoozi's KALERA Trio vs. Catt's SLEEK PILLOW

Hi everybody ...!

I'm looking for persons who have used both of the presses and can write a little bit about the differences.

Maybe there are some pictures available showing a MEDIUM KALERA ( 21 x 15mm) and a BIG PILLOW (20 x 18mm) ... ?!

I can imagine that it might be easier to work with the PILLOW press when I look at the measurements ... . The MEDIUM KALERA seems to be pretty thick ... 9mm.

Oh, please ... ... HELP ... and send as much feedback as you can. Unfortunately I cannot make up my mind ...

Thanks, for your help in this matter,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beadz 4 Sale: ... new beads on
Old 2006-11-22, 11:32am

I've been pondering this same question for quite a while ... I've had a chance to use a Kalera and also the large pillow. Of course the Kalera is rectangular - love the shape and the pillow is square. Ultimately (when I'm feeling spendy) I think I'll be buying both.

Sadie

Old 2006-11-22, 5:31pm

Hi, Debbie (Pierces Designs) uses the Kalara. I saw her beads in that shape and loved them! Hers might be the small one though. Maybe she can fill you in on the specifics.
FWIW,
Angela
Old 2006-11-22, 6:42pm
I've got goodies!

Actually, the Kalera Nugget is more similar (nearly identical) to the Catt Pillow. The regular Kalera is totally different. Gimme a sec and I'll get some pics.

Okay, the blue bead is the regular Kalera. Both beads are the large size from the trios:

I really like both shapes, but the Nugget strikes me as a bit more "sophisticated". Both presses are easy to use.

LE members get 5% off all purchases!!
Coupon code LE

Last edited by Glassgoodies; 2006-11-22 at 7:05pm.
Old 2006-11-23, 12:34am
OuTeRsPaCe GiRl

MANY THANKS, for your answers ...

I'm gonna pick up a KALERA for testing in about two hours ... and have the chance to press some "NUGGERS" on Friday. We'll see what's gonna happen. Just imagine in the end I'm gonna order some BUTTONs ...

Have a fantastic day,

Old 2006-11-23, 1:25am

Hi Petra,

schau mal bei www.feueroase.eu (-> Kursübersicht unter Nirwana) - innerhalb der nächsten 2 Monate findet dort ein Workshop zum Pressen-Testen statt. Der genaue Termin ist leider noch nicht gelistet.

HTH - Viele Grüße, Katharina
Old 2006-11-23, 1:39am
OuTeRsPaCe GiRl

Quote:
Originally Posted by philos View Post
Hi Petra,

schau mal bei www.feueroase.eu (-> Kursübersicht unter Nirwana) - innerhalb der nächsten 2 Monate findet dort ein Workshop zum Pressen-Testen statt. Der genaue Termin ist leider noch nicht gelistet.

HTH - Viele Grüße, Katharina
Everything is under control, Katharina ...