LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-23, 6:44pm

Default It's time to play....Name that color!!`

It's time to play Name that color---(insert game show music here)
I need help.
It's pink! It's pretty, it has striations and the ends look like tree trunks with white and pink.
The streaky pink I have is much, much lighter. This is vibrant.....
So anyone of you seasoned lampworkers have a clue?
Thanks
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-23, 6:57pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

I kind think it's EDP. Or one of the Zimmerman canes.

Teague

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2007-08-23, 7:05pm

Looks like EDP to me!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-08-23, 7:23pm

The rods when melted are white with pink....it's not a purple color.
Irene

Old 2007-08-23, 7:25pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I can't offer any guesses, but they sure are purty! Are you going to be selling it?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-23, 7:28pm
The Crazy One

Whatever they are, I bet their shocky... Now you have me wanting to mix edp and this pale pale pink I have! Ummmmmmm wonder what that would do?
Old 2007-08-23, 7:39pm

Not shocky. I'll try and make a bead with it tonite and show it all to you.
I made one bead with streaky pink and a small one of this color and they look very similar.
I've emailed my gifter but no reply yet. I hope he knows what it is....LOL
Irene

Old 2007-08-23, 7:46pm
I think I could be a bead

I have some that looks similar except that the rods are very think, almost stringer like. It's called light rose and it burns very easily if it's the same stuff. I think it's Reichenbach. I bought it at the Gathering.

Old 2007-08-23, 7:56pm

Okay..here's a bead of both streaky pink and this mysterious pink. Tell me they look identical.
Irene

Old 2007-08-23, 8:00pm
I think I could be a bead

Wow! Close. If it's EDP, if you hit it with a high flame it will go back to being purple, at least, that's what I've been told. Good luck. My light rose burnt.

Old 2007-08-23, 8:35pm
yukue fumei

I think I have some rods for that same batch. It is Dark Pink. I will look and see if I have the number and take a pic for you to compare

nagi

Old 2007-08-23, 8:38pm

Looks like divitrified EDP to me.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-08-23, 8:41pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Now you have me wanting to mix edp and this pale pale pink I have! Ummmmmmm wonder what that would do?
If you find out Loco, let me know and I'll update the color mixing chart and re-name it.

To me it just looks like the Dk. Pink rods I have sitting next to my EDP. Of course, I guess I should have asked i this glass is 96 or 104 coe, effetre, vetrofond, etc.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2007-08-23, 9:29pm
The torch awaits you!

It looks like Dark Pink 256 Odd Raspberry (came out the same time as cotton candy) I still have some and it has the rings just like that.
Carol

Old 2007-08-23, 9:47pm

It could be the odd raspberry but I thought that was another batch I have <sigh>
Now I'm going to have to find out what the color "I" thought was the raspberry really is.
Irene

Old 2007-08-23, 10:04pm
yukue fumei

The batch that I have that looks similar is raspberry:
Sorry for nighttime photos....the color really is more like the ones you posted.

nagi

Old 2007-08-23, 10:10pm

Denise,
Looks pretty darn close. So now the question is.....what is the color "I" thought was raspberry.
Here's the colors of what I got.
Thanks for helping me out!
Irene

Old 2007-08-23, 11:00pm
The torch awaits you!

Irene, the middle color looks like the Dark dark pink that was a limited supply. It came out (if I remember correctly) just before the raspberry. It was (yet again) another odd of the 256 dark pink. Then just after the raspberry and cotton candy Dark pink came out. If I get a chance at work tomorrow I'll find all of them and take a picture. I think we still have Dark Pink, Dark Dark Pink odd, Raspberry Dark Pink odd, Cotton Candy dark pink odd, Streaky Pink, Bubble gum pink, Lt. pink that I can photo together.
Carol

Old 2007-08-24, 2:59am
Frit frit and more frit!

The zimmerman sexy canes z99 z851 and z850 go yellow when heated if that helps to rule them out?
Old 2007-08-24, 3:15am
Formerly known as LT

I have some Effetre dark pink that looks very much like that. I got it last year. Very nice color. The current stuff is not quite the same. If you find out for sure I would love to know its pretty!

Old 2007-08-24, 3:57am
hooked, completely!!!

looks like the dark pink - we have some here on the racks and it looks VERY similar...

Old 2007-08-24, 4:19am
More glass...more glass..

Could it be one of ASK colors? Looks almost like pink lady slipper to me....

edz

( Nothing available right now )

(Nothing available right now)
Old 2007-08-24, 5:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Smith View Post
Irene, the middle color looks like the Dark dark pink that was a limited supply. It came out (if I remember correctly) just before the raspberry. It was (yet again) another odd of the 256 dark pink. Then just after the raspberry and cotton candy Dark pink came out. If I get a chance at work tomorrow I'll find all of them and take a picture. I think we still have Dark Pink, Dark Dark Pink odd, Raspberry Dark Pink odd, Cotton Candy dark pink odd, Streaky Pink, Bubble gum pink, Lt. pink that I can photo together.
Carol
Actually, It came out at the same time as the raspberry and the cotton candy because they're all from the same batch. Reenie, I posted a reply in your other thread too. You have Raspberry Pink (the one you're calling Raspberry is correct) and you have Super Dark Pink (the one you're asking about). They're both 256 and came from the same pull. For some reason the pull came out all different colors. If you have any questions, please let me know. I have 'em all!

One more thing. The bead you made with it - it's coming out white b/c you need to strike it a bit. The longer you work it the darker it gets.

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2007-08-24, 6:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Smith View Post
Carol
You're *admitting* to having all those pinks???
(with the number of total pink freaks on these boards??)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-08-24, 7:02am
yukue fumei

I think R4 studios had some of that pink (Top of photo in post #17). They were calling it Purple rose.
Their Perfect Pastel Pink is nice too--does the same thing--strikes to a nice pink (slightly more purply than Streaky)

nagi