LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2008-12-04, 4:17pm
BeadsonCypress

Default "Reading" DIDDY's reasonable!!!!

To all of you out there I found a guy on ebay (from my home state of NJ) who sells diddy's are some VERY REASONABLE prices. AND THE BEST PART, HE HAS THEM IN ALL THE READER STRENGTHS!!! They come with a micro fiber bag in a hard case with a neck cord......OK MIKEY I AM READY FOR MURANO!!!!

I got mine in three days....You wouldn't believe what I have been wearing. A pair of regular Diddy's with the clear sides, an old pair of reading glasses (without the arms) clipped with binder Clips.....The really bad part is that as I am pretty blind in one eye, the clip is right over that right eye. Now, I can't see it but my DH just shakes his head everytime he sees me torching. Plus he told me I would not be allowed to go to Murano with Mikey unless I got some Perscription Diddy's.

So first I went to my Optician and they wanted almost $400....much too expensive for me! This pair coast me $140 INCLUDING shipping and they are absolutely wonderful, but now you know what I was comparing against!!

His name is William Brown and in ebay he is lampworking-tools (The Vision Factory).

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2008-12-04, 4:29pm
Pyromaniac

Can you give us a link -- I can't find him.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-04, 7:18pm
BeadsonCypress

http://stores.ebay.com/lampworking-t...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Old 2008-12-04, 8:26pm

I purchased some readers from Aura lens and they work fairly well. the down side is the coverage from flying glass. I presently work boro, but i would be pretty worried if I worked soft glass unless I was behind a shield. I do have a torch shield to boot. you got yours in three days, while it took me three month to receive mine. "Due to circumstances beyond our control, from time to time it may be necessary to substitute similarly shaped or designed frame" is stated on Aura site. But the pair I received wasnt even close to the frames I requested. I hate the frames!!!! I wrote them , called them and left a message, but they never got back to me, sad considering they ran me $167. so it sounds like you paid less, got them very fast and are delighted. Sweet.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2008-12-10, 12:33pm
Superkitty

Very weird. When I clicked on the ebay link, I got an alert from my security system saying "An intrusion attempt by ebaystatic.com was blocked." Not sure what that's about.
Old 2008-12-10, 12:59pm
She better not sell these

Deb, try again. I just went and it worked OK this time. His account might have been hacked and they were securing it. It happened to me. (I bought some beautiful guitars and 3 laptops and bid on some land in Texas!! when they got into my account!)

I read somewhere that Diddy's need replaced every so often because they lose their effectiveness.

Is this true or just somebody trying to sell more diddys? Mine are almost 2 years old. I got them from Frantz and I love them, they are comfy, have a nice large lens, and they are also discontinued so I can't order the exact same glasses again. Pooh!

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".
Old 2008-12-10, 1:06pm
Entropy increasing....

I've looked at every pair of glasses on his site and don't see any in prescription strengths.

Which ones did you buy?
Old 2008-12-10, 4:43pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Hmmmm, "Ace" lens -- he also calls them "Safety Glasses" and "effective against soda flare" -- does anyone know if they're really didyiums??? I need new ones as frames are falling apart after 13 years, but are these the "real deal"? Just wondering...

Any thoughts?
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2008-12-11, 5:18am
BeadsonCypress

The guy on ebay has the perscription "option" somewhere in the text....email him with a question and he will quickly get back to you with a price. I believe it was a flat rate. The glasses I received (in 3 days) are amazing....after what I was wearing, it feels like I am not even wearing glasses and I can SEE!!!! Love them!

Old 2008-12-11, 5:22am
BeadsonCypress

ps. I got the tortise frames with soft glass diddy's.