Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-08-26, 7:13pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliglassguy View Post
I'm a bit shy starting out so if I don't introduce myself or seem stuck up, it's the shyness so introduce yourself to me then.
I was the same way last year, hopefully I'm past that Just look for the guy trying to make Deb snort coffee thru her nose
Old 2013-08-26, 7:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
I was the same way last year, hopefully I'm past that Just look for the guy trying to make Deb snort coffee thru her nose
Hmmm Deb snorting coffee through a straw that could prove interesting lol...GS is gonna be a riotous occasion ...can't wait

John aka "BIG JOHN"
Old 2013-08-26, 8:07pm
Wonder-wench

Caliglassguy, don't worry about being shy, there is room for every personality type at this event, I too tend to be an "observer" until I get to know a few people and this has never been an issue at GS. There is so much love for glass, fun spirits, and creative energy at this event that you are sure to meet at least a few people you can hang with. Plus, lots of each day is filled with learning, so the pressure is off for socializing, just relax and have fun.

Looking forward to having another fantastic "summer camp for lampworkers".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-26, 8:34pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Hey sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliglassguy View Post
Can't wait to meet everyone....only one more workday and GLASS STOCK WEST WOOOHOOO! This will be my first Glass Stock and actually my first classes I've ever taken. I'm a bit shy starting out so if I don't introduce myself or seem stuck up, it's the shyness so introduce yourself to me then.
Don't worry about being shy sweetie, we'll have that fixed in no time
Can't wait to meet you! deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-08-26, 8:36pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Wahhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillip View Post
Have a blast everyone-I won't b there. I will miss seeing, learning, playing and having lots of the fun with all of you.
Cyndi
Wah...Cyndi...we sure are going to MISS YOU!
Love you, deb

Old 2013-08-26, 8:43pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, thank you for answering about the rolling bags. YES, there really isn't room...a little room under tables but with hoses taped down and lots of chairs it will get tight. Felicia, I love this ipad and don't even know what it does yet..lol...you were right!

David...damn....I almost snorted coffee JUST NOW reading all of this! I got the venue at noon, cut and fit ends onto a gazillion hoses and figured out what fittings I'll need tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a long one too but will get all the torches set up and tested before quitting time. I am checked in hostel loft...it ROCKS! Polly just got here, she is staying up here until Wed when everyone else gets here. We are having a blast already!

A big yeeeeehaw, an a delicious espresso stout waiting now....(glad I didn't snort THAT fizzy stuff!) for our toast!
xoxoxoxo deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-08-26 at 8:47pm.
Old 2013-08-26, 8:53pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, find me any evening if you want a tutorial. I had the iphone first so the ipad was a breeze. It's basically a giant ipad without the phone. I hate talking on the phone, so that makes it even better. LOL.

Hi, Polly!

Bummer, Cyndi. We'll miss you.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-08-26, 9:03pm
honorary bead lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post

David...damn....I almost snorted coffee JUST NOW reading all of this!
Consider it fair warning!
Old 2013-08-26, 9:32pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ruh Roh!

Old 2013-08-27, 8:10am
honorary bead lady

Are we there yet?
Old 2013-08-27, 9:29pm

are we there yet....oh crapola its late gotta get to sleep ...errr shower first ....ummmm remember CPAP machine in the morning ummmm ice chest ...check, pick up Brenda at the butt crack o' dawn ....check ....ok ok I'm going to bed now lol see you all there it's an 8+ hour drive for us from Martinez California .....safe drive prayers welcome

John aka "BIG JOHN"
Old 2013-08-27, 10:05pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Safe and gorgeous travels John and sweet Brenda!!!! Can't WAIT!

NEWS FLASH: We have ONE pre-event Kobuki spot that just opened up for tomorrow from 11-3pm for the basic marbles class. If you would like to jump in please email Chris asap at [email]amiyahstreasures@gmail.com First one to respond gets it. It is $150 cash, must be there at 10:30 am tomorrow.

We got all 40 torches hooked up, fire up test tomorrow at 9 am, Kobuki pre-event class tomorrow at 11. PLEASE do not come down the venue for Meet and Greet any earlier than 6pm for attendees. We have a class until 4 and then the staff meeting so anyone there early would have to wait outside.

Also, the actual address of the new annex we're using is 1002 W 2nd Ave, Eugene. NOTE: please do not park inside the chain link fencing, we need that area for Cornerstone staff and to set up tents for eating and then the fair. Parking on the street only please.

Remember to bring your waiver, 2 sponsor items, your demo supplies and any auction items hopefully with auction form filled out for each item.

See you all tomorrow and/or Thursday morning!

BIG hugs! deb

Last edited by deb c; 2013-08-27 at 10:07pm.
Old 2013-08-28, 7:50am
Angel's Mom

Is it noon yet? I can't stand being at work when all I can think about is Glass Stock!

Life is short. Melt glass!
Old 2013-08-28, 9:57am
Wonder-wench

see you all Thurs morning, can't wait!!!!

Old 2013-09-02, 6:07pm
I'm meeeeelting

Best place to see photos is usually the Glass Stock facebook page. I hardly took any pictures, but I know that others did.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-02, 8:49pm
honorary bead lady

359 days till next year!
Old 2013-09-02, 10:05pm

Awesome to meet everyone and all the friends made and just hanging out was incredible . Thank you for the welcome you all really made me feel like part of the family. Ok got a tear in my eye . Can't wait till next year! Glass Stock Rocked. Deb Crowley you friggin rock!! HUGE PROPS to all the instructors! John Kobuki, John Lindquist, Lisa St Martin, Stacie Frost, Chris Warrington, Hugh Salkind, and all the other instructors (insert the fact that I'm terrible with names here ) you all are truly inspiring and just all around great people! Thank you for an ABSOULUTELY FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!! A BIG THANK YOU to the Cornerstone Glass people and all the sponsors as well!

John aka "BIG JOHN"

Last edited by caliglassguy; 2013-09-03 at 6:48am.
Old 2013-09-03, 9:12am
honorary bead lady

Thank you Deb

What more do I really need to say?
Old 2013-09-03, 4:30pm

Default Glass Stock 2013

Thank you DEB!!!!
You sure know how to throw a party!!!!!
Suzanne
Old 2013-09-03, 4:43pm
I'm meeeeelting

That she does. It was another fantastic event.

John, I didn't really get a chance to talk with you, so I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at your first GS!

I got home this afternoon and can't wait to get into the studio.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-03, 4:52pm
I like to melt things

i had an awesome time again. Thanks to everyone! Deb, you are the best

-
-
Old 2013-09-03, 5:39pm
Wonder-wench

ditto! really, really, really love this event and look forward to it ALL YEAR! Can't wait for next time. Love to everyone who participated, taught or just stopped by for some good times.

Old 2013-09-03, 6:15pm

Amazing!Thank you Deb!I will never forget my "First Time"
I am planning next year already. Everyone was so friendly and fun and approachable. Its going to take weeks to absorb everything....

Old 2013-09-03, 6:45pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

So amazing! I'm exhausted!!!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2013-09-04, 1:08pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I'm awake again! I slept all day yesterday and all night too, only woke up to push the water.
SUCH an amazing get together!
I learned some things about a few peeps....like Big John? There is NOTHING shy about that guy! LOL!!!
It was awesome to see folks that I met last year again, and to meet and make new friends.
Next year I promise to be more organized
Love you all, and now I'm going back to bed!!!

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2013-09-04, 2:44pm
I'm meeeeelting

Feel better, girlie.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2013-09-04, 3:11pm

Thank you Deb and staff. A great time was had by all. I enjoyed all the instructors and their help with each one in their class. I learned so much again this year it will keep my muse up for a long while.
Deb you are the best ever. Thank you again for Everything.
Old 2013-09-04, 5:57pm
Mandrel Slayer

What an amazing time it was. I already can't wait to do it again. Everything and everyone was awesome. Rest up Deb - you deserve it.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2013-09-04, 9:19pm
Type ZZZ personality

Woohoo! That was another one for the record books!!
Loved meeting all the newbies as well as the oldbies!

Just wish it didn't go by so fast.

THANK YOU DEB! You are amazing. <3

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2013-09-04, 10:45pm
JulieV

My first time but definitely not my last! Had the best time ever. Thank you so very much to all involved. And Deb C, you are a working fool! I can't even begin to fathom what goes into putting on an event like this. You have an amazing team too.

Just wanted to add that I've been to quite a few events in my 10 years of lampworking. This is the ONLY one where I felt soft glass workers were held on the same 'plane' as boro workers. Everyone accepted everyone; it didn't matter what type of glass you melted. It seemed to me we were all just there for the love of glass period. No snobs, no assholes, no jerks. No pressure, no formalities; a laid back atmosphere where anyone would feel welcome.

Thank you all for openly sharing your talent and generously extending your friendship.