Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-12-23, 9:17am

Default Trey Cornette - Austin, TX - February 2010

We still have openings in our upcoming Trey Cornette classes.

Trey Cornette
February 5-6, 2010
February 7-8, 2010

In this two day class we will explore some of the many possibilities with 104 COE glasses. Our canvas will be large scale tab and tube form beads upon which we will experiment with many types of decoration. I will demonstrate my methods for forming large beads, Scrollwork application, Millifori floral canes, working with Reichenbach 108 (RAKU), and others. I will demonstrate some of the beads I make, the processes involved and help you find your own patterns and styles using these methods. We will also learn how to pull our own Raku cane from the large kilo rods furnace workers use. There will be plenty of time reserved specifically for individual exploration and instruction. Bring your questions and ideas as the class will evolve around them.

2 day class, 10am-6pm
Lunch will be provided on both days.
Tuition: $450.00

To register please call us at: 512.380.0770 or send Jim an email at jim@austinbluemoon.com.

For more information about Blue Moon Glassworks visit us online at www.austinbluemoon.com

Last edited by Bluemoon; 2009-12-23 at 11:53am.
Old 2009-12-26, 7:51am
DSDWC

Hello all by bead making buddies.
I just wanted to take a moment to invite you to attend this class. I have heard great things about Austin and The Blue Moon Studio. This will be my first visit to the area and I am looking forward to meeting all the people in this vibrant art community. Over the past 3 years of teaching I have learned a lot about how to pass my knowledge on to my students. My refined teaching plan is full of information and techniques. It is geared towards intermediate to advanced bead makers but if you feel you are a beginner with good skills we can work with you. I have gotten pretty good at bringing newbies along. Please contact me at Trey@treycornette.com if you have any reservations about your skill level and taking the class.
Here are a few of the many topics we will cover in the class

Shaping and forming large beads using the Bench Top Marver.
The perfect mash for tabs.
Heat control and gravity, how to make it work for you!
Stringer control, 2 demos that will help you find your sweet spot and stay there.
Twisted cane challenged? We can fix that. The method I use to pull twisted cane will have you twisting with the best of them!
Stretching, dragging, twisting, and stringer work with twisted cane.
Rhythm in glass. Yep. It’s got a beat Dick and I think I can dance to it!
Millifiori flower cane pulling, cutting, application and manipulation.
Super Fine Stringer application for stems and grass.
How to get those nice puckered ends on long thin beads.
Recovering a wonky bead.
Raku Raku Raku! How to get those colors.
Pulling your own cane from Kilo rods ( Much cheaper to buy that way).
The Raku Ivory connection.
Tips and Tricks, little bits of info here and there that really add up.
Color combos galore, I hold no secrets.
And much more!!

I hold nothing back in my classes. Every process, technique and color combo I use is knowledge I will pass on to you. I make sure there is adequate work time after each demo so you can learn the technique. I am a hands on teacher and make sure every student is individually visited repeatedly throughout the class. It’s my goal to pass on the knowledge I have learned to you and to help you become better bead makers.
Your questions are greatly appreciated. I will do my best not only to answer them but to demo it as well. Mini demos occur throughout the day.

I know times are tough out there and many of you may be on the fence as to weather you can afford a class right now. I truly believe that my class can open new doors for you in lampworking, challenge you to create better beads, inspire you to greater heights and give you more confidence in your creativity.
Please join me for a weekend of fun.

Peace,

Trey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:48pm
AKA Annan Designs

Sounds great! Looking forward to your class.

Peg