Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-09-17, 7:10am
Nah, not really...;)

Question Help please: What is the name of this glass?

Hi, I want to sell this and I am not sure WHAT it is, eek.
I bought it awhile ago from Frantz but the tag is history.
I am going to be selling all my soft glass soon, since I've switched to Boro.

I hope this is a good enough picture

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-09-17, 7:26am

Grass Green perhaps?

:

Old 2006-09-17, 7:36am
Nah, not really...;)

I know it is an odd lot or something, because I just HAD to have it, and I already had Grass Green, if that's any help
Thank you though Elaine!

Old 2006-09-17, 7:49am

It looks like Czech glass, Mint I think, although I could be wrong. I got some a long time ago from www.checkglass.com

Jen

Old 2006-09-17, 7:49am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

It looks like czech mint green, could it be that? I am not sure what the vetrofond ocean green looks like but I vaguely remember it beeing translucent

Suzanne

Old 2006-09-17, 7:50am
Following my Dream

Is it vetrofond Nile green? I got a little of it and it looks close (hard to tell in picture).
PS I got mine from LBsupply
Margie

My name is Margie...and I'm addicted to glass...no...to fire...no...to glass...no...
Old 2006-09-17, 7:51am
traumaqueen

see...great minds think alike ( poop Jen you beat me by one split second)

Old 2006-09-17, 7:53am
Nah, not really...;)

I know it isn't Czech, believe it or not, I never bought any, shocking!
Has to be Moretti or Vetrofond.

Not Nile, maybe Ocean. Crap! Maybe I can find the original invoice......yeah right

Will it be easier to tell if I melt the end? or if I put a lot of other greens beside it in the pic?

Old 2006-09-17, 7:53am

Ya owe me a beer Suzanne I'm sure we would have said it at the same time, I'm just a faster typer...LOL

Jen

Old 2006-09-17, 8:07am
traumaqueen

Roflol Jen

Carrie....no czech glass ever....???what is up with that girl! Thank goodness you make up for that loss with your fab boro beads

SUzanne

Old 2006-09-17, 8:07am
dances with ideas...

Do you have any idea when you bought it? My first thought was vetro ocean (926?).

Old 2006-09-17, 8:11am
sunscreen me baby

It looks like the vetrofond 926 sea green people want. Do you know how to search closed auctions on ebay? (I don't) Look for it and you'll get a going rate.

~

Old 2006-09-17, 8:21am
ID10T Problem Solver

I bet if you emailed the pic over to the address on Frantz site, that Jamie would know what it was.

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-09-17, 8:53am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ
It looks like the vetrofond 926 sea green people want. Do you know how to search closed auctions on ebay? (I don't) Look for it and you'll get a going rate.
Yep, looks like that much coveted glass to me as well.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2006-09-17, 11:54am

That looks like V. Sea foam green to me too.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-09-17, 12:41pm

It is sea foam green. I've seen it in person

Old 2006-09-17, 2:14pm
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you! I wasn't sure.

Ok, so what is so special about it?

Old 2006-09-17, 6:24pm

I don't know Carrie. It is a nice color, but I have mixed this color before. I think it is special because it was an odd lot, never to be made again. I have something like 2 lbs of it and have barely used it. It is very pretty.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-09-17, 7:29pm
sunscreen me baby

It is a pretty shade of mint green that isn't available in 104. Well I guess you could say messy celadon is a close replacement. I still prefer the vetro. The Messy is streaky and mine is quite shocky.
But of course the price is driven up by the odd lot frenzy some of us get caught up in

~