LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2007-02-03, 8:45pm

Default It is coming along...

I was having fun painting wainscote panels for my new studio today. DH sneaked the camera in on me and we had a few laughs.

This studio started from scratch and is located in a monitor style barn. I am so grateful I have a very talented DIY type hubby. It is fun framing the walls, electrical wiring, insulation, etc. Even plumbing. I will have a sink behind what you see as the Temporary torch station. (Window in front of torch for vent setup at this time) We did all the work ourselves and are also doing a shop for him at the same time.

Still lots to do but it is coming along. He put up a beautiful storm door with double windows and a screen for summer. That way I can leave it open for LOTS of light.....

Will take some pictures when all is done...
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-02-03, 8:47pm

OMG how exciting!! I cant wait to see it done!

Old 2007-02-04, 9:31am
Nah, not really...;)

Wow Kay, what a nice big open space to work in!!! I also have a DIY husband and it's wonderful. That man can do anything....umm, if he wants to!

Old 2007-02-04, 7:31pm

thanks, Carrie. Lucky aren't we...

Hey I just went to your auctions. My gosh, woman! You have some awesome glass work up. Very Very nice... You make boro zing!!!

Old 2007-02-04, 8:03pm

Hi Kay! I'm soooo happy for you! It looks and sounds like it's going to be GREAT when it's complete. I hope you enjoy your "space" as much as I enjoy mine!

Chow!

Warmly, Marie C
Old 2007-02-04, 8:34pm
In search of her path....

awesome Kay! its coming right along Cant wait to see it finished ! its gonna be awesome!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-02-05, 5:15am
stacijane on Etsy

Looks very nice! So light and bright. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Old 2007-02-05, 6:38am

Thanks, friends.
I am trying to be patient about this.

I have to admit that it was pretty hard giving up the first studio. It was adorable, comfortable, bright, cheery, had hot water and sink, and my own satellite TV.... yup I am spoiled.... but I worked hard all my life to get here.... I plan on going out in style, but not too soon!!!
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-05, 8:25am
Cats & Glass!

Yes, Kay's old studio was "da bomb" but I have no doubt that you'll enjoy the new one. I'm very jealous - I've been visiting Kay's studio every couple of weeks and watching it progress. I'm jealous! Just to have framed, drywalled walls - oh heaven!

Looks great Kay and Mike!

(My studio is a definite work in progress!)

Janelle

P.S. I never noticed how much the oxy/propane closet on the old studio looked like an outhouse - LOL!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-02-05, 8:50am

Janelle, your studio will happen if I have to come over and help you!!

Have you noticed how things, over here, just don't happen as fast as they do on the West Coast?!! We have found a teenage boy that actually wants to work (there are more of them over here)and he is going to help us out on weekends and in the summer..

Funny how you just noticed the "outhouse" thing. We will have another one just outside of this new shop for the tanks. Mike enjoys the "outhouse look" concept. It will have an electrical outlet to provide a light for heating the tanks up when it gets cold out. This setup makes it easy for Mike to handle the tanks.. just drive up and unload or swap out.

And, oh ya, we are going to get a composting toilet for the shops..
www.mtlion/sunmar Trying to figure out where we want it to go..

And YIPPEE, our water in the barn finally thawed out with no broken pipes!!
Old 2007-02-05, 1:49pm

Kay, your new studio is going to be wonderful! Look at the big windows.

Loved your last studio... it was so cute!

Old 2007-02-06, 3:01am
Nah, not really...;)

OMGAWD, is that a pic of your new shop or old shop? That is WAY too cute and it has a warmth about it, very inviting.

Ooops, thanks Kay for the kudos.

Old 2007-02-06, 6:12am

You are welcome!! And thanks, Leslie. Yes, was hard to leave the first one. The new one will be bigger and I like LOTS of natural daylight. There are three of those bright windows on that side plus the light that pours in the storm door when I use it.... A friend gave us an air conditioner to use for the shop which will be nice in the summer months....

Old 2007-02-06, 9:38am

Kay that looks wonderful!

Can't wait to see what comes next.
Old 2007-02-06, 9:58am

Look'n good!! I recently finished a DIY project (frit storage shelves) and I can really appreciate the work that must be involved with building an entirely new studio. Kudos!!

Candy

Old 2007-02-06, 7:58pm

Candy, lets see those frit storage shelves!!! And PattyK... you can come over any time to see the progress... bring paint brush! Just kiddin... Call some time...

Old 2007-02-06, 8:33pm

Alright, since you asked! Here they are:

I've never built anything in my life, so I was really happy when they both came together in the end and everything worked out. HUGE relief!!

Candy

Old 2007-02-07, 3:13am
Nah, not really...;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadgoodies View Post
Good googly moogly...that is some frit storage unit you got there!

Old 2007-02-07, 6:46am

OMG.. I didn't realize you sell them.. Wow. What a project you undertook.. Good for you and very nice job.. Thanks for showing them.. It is like a candy store to all us glass artists....