No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2015-10-29, 1:05pm
Angie09

Default What not to miss at the Tucson show

This will be my first year attending the Tucson gem show and as a glassy person, can you all help steer me to what are the best shows/exhibits/classes there are. I know it's huge so to be able to narrow it down a bit would be terrific. Thanks in advance!!
Old 2015-11-05, 7:28pm

Following.
Old 2015-11-07, 7:45am
Angie09

No ones going? Or has been???? Maybe I might want to rethink my trip?
Old 2015-11-07, 8:39am
Judy Nelson

Tucson is fab. You get to meet amazing glass artists at the shows. I havn't seen the schedule On line yet. It will tell you where the glass shows are. You can get any kind of supplies at the holidome venue. Then there are the mineral shows which have museum quality specimens, dinosaur bones, african art and on and on. I have never managed to see everything in 6 days. Go online to sign in for the holidome and GLW( I think) shows so you don't have to stand in line so long to register. You need a resale number for those shows but not for the Bead true blue or other glass show.
I have been 4 times in last 10 years.
Enjoy!!!
Old 2015-11-18, 4:33pm
Pattyglass

The annual Glass Craft & Bead Expo is held each year in Las Vegas. The 2016 will be March 30-April 3... over 250 workshops and a show floor full of vendors ready with everything you need to do it yourself or buy some of the most beautiful glass art out there....
Old 2015-11-19, 9:38pm

For one thing it's huge and you won't be able to see it all. But check out Sonoran Glass school's Flame off its a fun event. The best bead show at Kino veterans center is one I would definitely check out. Along with the ones mentioned above. Also in Feb if you follow artist on fb you can take note of what shows you really don't want to miss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-11-20, 3:20pm

This is a post about last year, and it is pretty much still true.
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268542
The new art glass show that was on this year for the first time, has apparently moved to the Sonoran glass school for 2016. This could turn out to be a great thing. And yes: do go to the flame off!

I will be there in 2016 for nearly two weeks. I am also a bead collector, and this is the one time of the year that a big international group of collectors comes together.

Tucson is awesome!
I have written a book about the Tucson shows, with lots of interviews of people buying and selling. May be some familiar faces in there..... It can be downloaded for free here: http://beadmuseum.com/news.html
Old 2016-01-02, 8:17pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

Here's a list of the various shows and the dates:

Tucson Show Guide

The Sonoran Glass Art Show web site is not as yet showing its exhibitors, but I anticipate there will be lots of talented lampworkers there. Please stop by Best Bead Show to see me (booth 504) with my paltry offerings of lampwork beads and my husband's show lighting systems!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-01-05, 9:22am

Still the main 'lampwork' show:
http://www.bestbeadshow.com/bestbead...show.aspx?id=1

http://www.tobeadtrueblue.com/index.php

I was in this one last year, it was a good one for me. They moved to the Sonoran School this year but the booths were too small for me to want to go. Anyway, the show should have a nice lineup of artists, but the advertising really sucks.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tgabf/

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-