Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-11-17, 10:58pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Default Ponsettia tutorial

Since joining LE I can say that I have learned a lot from very generous people, from free or sold tutorials, from small comments and images, etc. So, this is my humble Christmas Gift to the very generous LE comunity!
The pictures were taken by my 15yo son, Bruno, and well, they show what I want them to show, but they could be less blurry. If I get better pictures later, I'll change them. But I think these will work alright for now.

Ah, and I made a collage of the pictures, with a bit of text, as a cheat-sheet. If anyone wants that, just send me a PM with your e-mail or send me an e-mail to bcordova AT hotmail . com

Petals: To make the petals I use plain tweezers (I owe a pic of those) the one's that have square, flat tips, and to make smaller petals (for the double ponsettia) I use the tweezers I'm using on the pics. I think the Leonardo Petal PUllers might be cool to make the petals, but since I dont have them, just make do with what's at hand.

1. I'm using a lentil as a base for the flower. In these pics I arrange the petals one at a time, though sometimes I like to add them all then arrange. If I arrange them one at a time, I like to very slightly overlap the petals, not much, just a little so they don't become a unipetal.

2. after attaching the petal, I leave it raised, instead of stuck to the base. Then heat the whole petal and bend it with tweezers.

3. Once bent, I heat the tip of the petal.

4. And pull it to a point. I like to pull down and out.

5. Attach. Remember to heat the base when adding a petal, so it sticks properly.

6. Bend

7. Pull (it's starting to sound like aerobics)

8. Here comes another petal.

9. See how it looks standing up?

10. and puuuuuuuulll... I flame cut the end of the pull, so it's spikier. :O

11. The underside... As you can see, the petals drop below the base bead.

12. The top with an empty space in the middle, where the yellow dots go.

13. Adding dots. I like to start with the middle one, then add one on the part where one petal meets the next.

Hope this is clear enough and that you enjoy making them. For me, they turned out to be quite addictive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-17, 11:03pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

What a fabulous tutorial Bruna - how generous & sweet of you to share

I'm going to put these on my list to try! (doesn't mean I will be showing you my efforts though - hehehe!)

~
~
~
Old 2008-11-17, 11:06pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

ahh, but you have to share!!!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-17, 11:25pm
I speak Murrini!

Very cool!!! I love it!!! I figuring you make all your petals first - then keep them warm in a kiln or hot plate. I can't imagine there's another way to do it without several arms and a tail...(giggle!)

Thanks for sharing with us! If you get a chance to take a picture of the finished bead to post, that would be wonderful, too!

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-11-17, 11:27pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

Bruna this is soooooooooooo wonderful!!!! You now that it is a very special person to give to everyone!!!!! It is nice to have someone that shares with out exspecting any thing in return!!!! We love your kindness and it is just wonderful!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-17, 11:34pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

DeAnne,
thank you! here is the finished piece.
front

back

the back has a silver hoop to make it easier to string or just add a jumpring to.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-18, 5:06am

Smile Tutorial

Hi
I want to thank you for sharing and showing everyone how to make these beautiful flowers. I pm'd you about a cheat sheet. Take care.
Penny
Old 2008-11-18, 6:31am
Flaming my life away

Bruna,
Good karma is coming your way. Thanks for a great tutorial to a beautiful bead
Old 2008-11-18, 7:00am

Bruna that is soooooooo Christmasy I love it!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-18, 7:10am
Cake for me too please

Wow! thank you so much for sharing. Those look wonderful.
Old 2008-11-18, 7:28am

Thank you for your hard work! I look forward to trying it this evening!

Beth
Old 2008-11-18, 7:57am

Wow, very nice Bruna !! Thank you so much for sharing .. and I love that ring idea on the back ... who woulda thought ?!
~~

Old 2008-11-18, 8:34am
Covered in glitter

Excellent! Thanks Bruna! I can't wait to try it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-11-18, 9:00am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Thank you! I'm very happy that you like it!
and don't forget to show your own. =)

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-18, 9:23am
Still makin' flowers...

Bruna - what a wonderful tutorial! Thank you. And... the silver loop - a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-11-18, 9:25am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

About the hoop... don't aim the flame to the metal, or it'll go dull and/or melt! Just heat the glass, plunge the ring and add a bit more of glass to encase half the ring. Paddle it smooth, all without letting the flame hit the ring. And I have no idea how I know that would happen.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-18, 10:35am

Bruna,

Thank you for sharing your poinsetta I love them!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!!

Becky
Old 2008-11-18, 10:57am
I think I could be a bead

Great tut, Bruna! Wow! Thank you for sharing!

Old 2008-11-18, 2:00pm

Thanks so much for this tut! I can't wait to try it!!!
Old 2008-11-18, 7:18pm
WildBird Beads

Whooohhoaojfdafjaj hhaahhhhaaa I just love the picture of Kewl Beans! I had to get my husband off the couch to see this.... LOL.... what a great picture... I just can't stop laughing everytime I see it...

WildBird
Old 2008-11-18, 11:57pm

LOLOLOL!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-19, 9:41am

Very nice tut and really pretty bead! Thanks for Sharing!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-11-19, 9:45am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Glad you guys are liking the tut... so, how about pics to show?

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-19, 10:08am

Bruna,

Would you mind if I asked which red glass did you use on this flower? It looks scrumptious!!! Thanks Becky
Old 2008-11-19, 10:14am

Wonderful Bruna ... beautiful flower!

Old 2008-11-19, 10:57am
NW Oregon

It was really nice of you to take the time to make this tutorial.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2008-11-19, 10:59am
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadmama View Post
Bruna,

Would you mind if I asked which red glass did you use on this flower? It looks scrumptious!!! Thanks Becky
hmm. I think it's lausha red. I'll check when I get home, but I'm almost positive it's that one.

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-19, 12:10pm

Thank you for taking the time of making the tut. And sharing it with us all.
I'm looking forward to trying these out.
Thanks again,
Janet
Old 2008-11-28, 5:35pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

no ponsettias yet?

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-11-28, 8:29pm
Twisst Studio Jewels

Thank you so much for your kindness! I am going to try one today!
Jill