LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-10-23, 2:25pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Glad to hear it is easy to follow

Still have not found that bleep bleeping bead. I guess I need to make another one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-23, 2:45pm

Thank you. This could be the solution to my problems!
Old 2012-10-23, 2:47pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame n fuse View Post
Thank you. This could be the solution to my problems!
Welcome! What kind of problem were you having? Post pics

Old 2012-10-23, 7:54pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-10-24, 2:47pm

Thank you. Your instructions are easy to follow.

Georgia
Old 2012-10-24, 5:57pm
Happiness is....

thanks for such a nice encasing tut. I love to encase.

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2012-10-24, 7:32pm
Uh Oh....

Nice tut with great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Old 2012-10-25, 2:08pm

thank you so much! I have NEVER been able to encase consistantly. I will try tonight and post before and after pics!
THANK YOU!!
Old 2012-10-26, 6:33am

Thanks Jacqueline! As usual, your instructions are concise and easy to understand. I truly appreciate you being so generous with your talent and expertise.

Old 2012-10-26, 6:48am
Jacqueline Parkes

Aww thanks everyone. I had been meaning to post some mini tutorials for a long time but life has been bumpy. I am also playing around with creating videos for youtube, but that is going to have to wait until the xmas fair season is over.

Anything you guys want to see me doing in videos? Ha, I am a bit nervous about being in videos but I guess my hands will be the only stars.

Old 2012-10-27, 10:30am

Thanks from me too
Old 2012-10-27, 1:08pm

Great tutorial! Thank you for sharing.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2012-10-28, 5:17am
Jacqueline Parkes

Anyone try it yet? pics or it didn't happen hehe

Old 2012-10-29, 4:46am

Once I get my last exchanges out of the way I'll try this. I so suck at encasing, I'm thinking it's a heat control issue for me tho. Thanks again you always share the most helpful stuff!
Old 2012-10-29, 4:50am
Jacqueline Parkes

Ali, it usually is about heat control when it comes to lampworking........you know....maybe this is something I should try to make a video for. I just need to get past the Christmas shows and then I will have some free time to do such things.

Give it a try and let me know how you do. Remember to just keep the base glass warm and behind the flame.

Old 2012-10-29, 12:16pm

Thanks..I'll try it soon! I do well it's when I get all involved in the process of melting...patience I find I have little at times lol.
Old 2012-10-29, 2:51pm
HotFlash Designs

thank you!!!!

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2012-10-29, 2:59pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Welcome! When I find some free time , I am going to create a few focals with transparents encasing opaques. I will post when finished. Remember to have more fun with your glass choices instead of just encasing with clear. There is so much to discover with layering colours.

Old 2012-10-30, 1:40am

Thank you so much, Jaqueline
This is a great tip, I'll be giving it a go

You can't shine if you don't burn
Old 2012-11-01, 7:35am
Practicing perfect

Thank you so much. I'm excited to go fire up the torch now! Won't happen until this weekend, but excited to go try this.

PS...I know this has probably been asked and answered before...but how do you dip your mandrel in the middle?

thx.
Inez

Old 2012-11-01, 10:16am
Jacqueline Parkes

I know Diane Woodall had some instructions here with photographs. I will try to find the link again.

Old 2012-11-01, 10:20am
Jacqueline Parkes

Go to:
post #60

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...+middle&page=2

Old 2012-11-02, 6:09am

Gems, link not working for me.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-11-02, 6:17am
Jacqueline Parkes

darn, hang on

Here is a thread, does this work?

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...el#post3766047

Old 2012-11-16, 10:25pm
Don't worry, bead happy!

Thanks SO much! I'm excited to try this soon!
Old 2012-11-16, 10:39pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Welcome!

And remember, you can do this for a bead with more than two layers. Just melt each layer down to an olive shape with pointy ends to encase and repeat for as many layers as you need. Some of my beads are four layers deep.

Here is a good layer combo:
white
encased in black
encased in marshmellow
encased in clear
etch

I hope I remembered that correctly....

Old 2015-08-01, 6:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Pressed bead.

If you found you did not have enough glass to fully fill the cavity, just add swipes of glass to the front and back of the bead, in the middle ( avoid messing with your nice ends) and reheat and press again. I often will press three times before I have the shape I want.

Cooled down, cracked bead as it was not annealed. I will go to see if I can find a picture of a bead I made as a floral with this type of base.

I kept the instructions simple so it can benefits beginners as well. I hope this helps at least one person This is how I encase all of my beads now.

Enjoy!
Glad to find this thread. My encasing is generally ok, but I have never mastered nice ends to my lentils. Now I know how, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post

Old 2015-08-03, 12:46pm

^^^ You and me both, Bubblenbead!! I had forgotten about this tut. Sometimes just a little kickstart is all one needs to get fired up (LOL)!

I don't think Gems posts here anymore but if you're here, Gems, .....

THANK YOU!!
Old 2015-08-03, 12:48pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I got an email notice of the thread update, hi all! Glad to hear you are still finding this one helpful. It is great because then you get both of those ends encased nicely

These days I am on Facebook

Jacqueline

Old 2015-08-04, 10:13pm

Thanks! I will try this.