LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2007-04-30, 9:00pm

Cool thank you

I bought 2 of your beads on ebay. They are beautiful!! Now I am learning to make my own, have been working at it for about 6 months. Thanks so much for the tutorial. It is a first class tutorial!
Old 2007-04-30, 9:36pm

Thanks Mantis! I am happy you like your beads!

Now, everyone.....let me see what you guys are doing! Is the tutorial working?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-05-01, 9:07am
otk

thank you for the nice tut!! I may attempt this, lol.
btw, you are my mom's favorite on ebay-she LOVES your work!!
Old 2007-05-01, 12:25pm

My thanks, too. I've been making beads for years but always wondered how you do your beautiful florals with the showy stamens. You are so generous to share your technique.
Old 2007-05-01, 7:44pm

I have wondered how you made your beautiful beads, now I know! You make it look so easy! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

(website in construction)
Old 2007-05-02, 4:19am
Beadmaking.nl

What a wonderful tutorial. Many thanks!!!!

Old 2007-05-02, 8:49am

Thank you again this wonderful tutorial Michelle.

Here's my first one and I learned a lot from it. I'm used to working more with Bullseye and this was made with Moretti/Vetrofond because I wanted orange flowers and this is the Aranicio Perfecto. I forgot how soft 104 is

Next one I make I will use a smaller flame, work cooler (I think that's a scorch mark you see) and clear stringers, and smaller dots (I forgot you listed clear stringer and was going from memory) and I used the whole rod so I only got two layers of petals, but I like it

Thanks again

Old 2007-05-02, 9:20am

Nice job Sherry!

Old 2007-05-02, 10:13am

Thank you

Old 2007-05-02, 1:37pm
Certified Yoga Teacher

Here's my first attempt, less than perfect so I've put it on the end of my watch clasp as a personal reminder that I want to work on this technique. I used Moretti clear stringer, which proved to be easy to use but too cloudy, so next time I'll try Lauscha.
Attached Images

Liz

Old 2007-05-02, 1:54pm

Wonderful Liz! Let it get a little cooler before adding the clear, and turn down your torch just a tiny little bit.

Old 2007-05-02, 2:08pm
Certified Yoga Teacher

Thanks for the tip, Michelle! I figured I was melting the crap out of it on my Lynx with my impatience. My vine cane disappeared, too, so I'm thinking I need to work on a more barrel shaped footprint. Such a donut worker, LOL!

Liz

Old 2007-05-04, 2:28pm

Default So Neat!!!

Beautiful!
I just went to my first glass bead making class yesterday so this is beyond my comprehension! I just want to master a round bead!
You broke the steps down so nicely I can't wait to try it.
Old 2008-01-08, 12:26am

Michelle,Michelle,Michelle thank you for sharing your gift.

Karen
Old 2008-01-08, 1:08am
Entropy increasing....

3 dots?

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 2008-01-08, 8:50am

You are welcome Karen.

Kevan, 3 dots is a good way to start and get use to the process. You are welcome.

Old 2008-01-08, 9:52am
I speak Murrini!

YES.................This Thread should live FOREVER!!!! Keep it alive, please!!!! I've been trying to use this tut - not quite as successfully as I'd hoped. Working on a Hot Head, you don't have much ability to turn down or "fine point" the flame. I wish I lived near Yunita - she does wonderful Floral and Rose Beads on a HH!!!! She's given tips in the "Shaping Flower Petals" thread, but if I could just SEE her do it...wish I could get her to post a YouTube!!!! I still appreciate everyone's effort...

Thanks again!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-01-08, 10:36am
glass nerd!

Yes this is a great tut! I finally was able to figure it out by reading this and I made one. Yay!! But I have to keep practicing and I will post a picture of my next one. Thank you Bousky!

Old 2008-01-11, 8:28am
Life is change. Love it

OMG, I've been trying with five dots and ending up with a huge mess. Thanks so much for this awesome tut!

Old 2008-01-11, 10:08am

Michelle, I just read this thread. Thank you for this tut, and all of the pictures that go along with it. I'm self taught and learned everything online so what you did is greatly appreciated.

Now I have a question. When you add all of the petal dots and melt them in, the bead is no longer round. So, do you just keep heating until the bead is round? Or do you leave it with the bumps from the melted in petals? Or do you add more (extra) clear glass in the area in-between the places where the petals are???

Hopefully that makes sense. When I try to make my beads round after adding a lot of stuff in some areas, the petals get all messed up and distorted.
Old 2008-01-11, 11:03am

I Melt to round. Although some people don't since it can be time consuming. Sometimes I add a little glass after melting to round if the bead is uneven.

I hope that makes sense!

Old 2008-01-11, 11:21am

Michelle, what a great tutorial, thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your beads!!!!!!

Old 2008-01-11, 4:33pm

You are all welcome!

Old 2009-08-20, 11:41am

WOW Michelle! Thank you, this is a wonderful tut! Thank you for sharing.

-Debbie
Old 2009-08-20, 12:28pm

Default Thank you

Michelle,
Thank you for taking the time to do the tut, along with the photos.
Its a wonderful tut. Thanks for sharing.
Janet
Old 2009-08-20, 12:31pm

you are welcome Debbie & Janet.

Old 2009-08-20, 9:33pm

That was clear enough for me to understand and I just started 6 days ago. I will be giving this a try soon. Thank you!
Old 2009-08-21, 3:41am

Love it that this thread still lives!
Jen
Old 2009-08-22, 9:31am
Dancing Moon Shadows

Michelle, What a fabulous little tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

I tried to get the .pdf file, but it is no longer where you have your original link. Do you still have it online? Or would you mind sending it to me? dancingmoonshadows@yahoo.com

I really enjoyed reading this, and I want to try your method!

Thx again!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2009-08-24, 9:23am

Thank you so much! That is wonderful!!