Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-06, 11:19pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Default #217 Effetre Green Mint

Just saw this: http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=5557
Don't think I've ever seen this. Anyone have any experience? It looks kind of like a cousin to copper green? If you know me at all, you know I'm looking for a Vetro Seafoam green substitute and everything I've tried so far falls so short.
Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beadygirlt. on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-07, 12:19am
Unmedicated since '62

What does sea foam green look like?

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-07, 1:20am

Hi Tera,
The mint green is a lighter version of copper green -- even to similar interactions with other glass.
Cheryl
Old 2011-07-07, 6:49am
Lampworkaholic!

Try Effetre 591213 Grasshopper Mint for a close version of Seafoam.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-07-07, 7:15am

Tera...I still have a few rods of the seafoam green, and the darker version. I have had lots of trouble with compatability and subsequent cracking. I don't know anthing about the mint color, but CIM's celadon might be a good replacement for seafoam.

Michelle
Old 2011-07-07, 9:27am
T.J. made me do it

217 is so close to Copper Green that I couldn't tell the difference. I get exactly the same patina when I reduce it.

Old 2011-07-07, 10:02am
Live and Let Live

Yup, it's a first cousin to Copper Green. Might have even been some incest involved, they're so closely related.

Old 2011-07-07, 1:25pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
Yup, it's a first cousin to Copper Green. Might have even been some incest involved, they're so closely related.

Old 2011-07-07, 6:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnglass View Post
217 is so close to Copper Green that I couldn't tell the difference. I get exactly the same patina when I reduce it.
It is super close, I think maybe a smidge lighter.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-07-07, 6:54pm
Disconnected

Tera, as another lover of Seafoam Green I have tested a lot of potential substitutes and found that Czech Mint green is very, very close. 2 problems though: hard to get and of course, compatibility issues, but it's worth a test. Celadon is bluer and not as bright, and also has compatibility issues.

Old 2011-07-07, 7:10pm

I can't tell the difference from it and regular copper green. I like Celedon better for a softer minter green.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2011-07-07, 8:30pm
Looking for my waistline

It's just a light copper green disguised with a new number.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:08am
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thanks for the replies, guys!! That's what I figured. Czech mint is as close as I've seen to Seafoam but yeah, I would never mix it--only for spacers. Even then it varigates more than Seafoam did. *sigh* I don't know what they did to Celadon--it looks SO close on the rod and then... it's almost like shampoo glass. Boo.
Seafoam is the minty color in the beads on this bracelet. I suppose if I could PERFECTLY mix pea green with light turquoise I'd have a pretty close match but UGH.
And really, no more vetro light ivory now either?
Thanks again!!
Attached Images

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2011-07-08, 4:59am
Nikki Haverstock

Tera, I adore those beads.
Old 2011-07-08, 7:13am

Killer bracelet!
Old 2011-07-08, 7:45am
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thanks guys! I couldn't do it without Seafoam green!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2011-07-08, 1:55pm
Crazy Snake Lady

CIM has a limited edition Seafoam Green. I don't know if it's still available anywhere but it's worth checking. http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=94
Old 2011-07-08, 7:38pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Well that looks pretty good! I've been trying CIM a little more and more--I was leary at first. I'll have to try to find that. Thank you!!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2011-07-08, 7:47pm
Rose colored glasses…√

It's more translucent than I think you want. Honestly, I think one of the Elphaba Uniques would be your best bet for keeping the overall look you've got goin' on. I'll take a picture tomorrow of the Vetrofond Seafoam next to the Elphaba Unique I have.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-07-08, 9:02pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I have tried czech mint on a bunch of different effetre colors and never had any compatibility problems. I've had problems with other czech colors but never mint.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-07-10, 10:28am
Rose colored glasses…√

I was wrong. The Elphaba Unique is more green than my brain remembered it to be.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-07-10, 10:36am
Everybody Needs Beads!

I mixed enough turquoise and pea green for three stringers last night. What a time suck that is! There's something missing tho--maybe clear? The real Seafoam has just a smidge of translucent when pulled. Thanks for all of your ideas.
And yeah, Chrissi, the Elphaba is pretty green.
Lori- - is there only one place to buy the Czech glass?

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2011-07-15, 5:57pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Right now I've only seen it at checkglass which never has it and you have to call them to get any response at all and then they never call you back and crloo which may or may not have it but you have to either call or go down there - bleh.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-07-15, 5:59pm
sunscreen me baby

I haven't been able to get my hands on the czech mint at all. I had one rod in a sample pack, fell in love and had my heart broken. Seafoam came along and I stocked up. Sure would like to see more mint to remember if it was all that and a bag of chips after all.

~

Old 2011-07-15, 6:13pm
Disconnected

They have it here
http://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?...product=235312
Maybe you could email and ask about shipping to the US?

Old 2011-07-16, 5:48am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadygirl View Post
Thanks for the replies, guys!! That's what I figured. Czech mint is as close as I've seen to Seafoam but yeah, I would never mix it--only for spacers. Even then it varigates more than Seafoam did. *sigh* I don't know what they did to Celadon--it looks SO close on the rod and then... it's almost like shampoo glass. Boo.
Seafoam is the minty color in the beads on this bracelet. I suppose if I could PERFECTLY mix pea green with light turquoise I'd have a pretty close match but UGH.
And really, no more vetro light ivory now either?
Thanks again!!
Glassulger has Lt. Ivory:

https://ssl.kundenserver.de/s3599382...iew.shopscript