Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-03-08, 5:33pm

Talking Maine Area Glass Jam--Mar 16, 17 & 18, 2012--Rockland, ME

St. Paddy's Day Weekend Glass Jam!

March 16, 17 & 18, 2012 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

Starting at 5:30pm Friday... then from 9am 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday. Come for just one day, or all days. $20 Friday night; $35/day on Sat & Sun = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have ten torch stations and a variety of torches to share. Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... torching, sharing, networking... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. Glass for sale also. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects). Bring questions and techniques to share. And if you'd like: bring something to add to the door-prize pile.

POT LUCK, both days! ...please, and thank you! Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll provide coffee, teas, water (we have a water cooler, please bring your refillable water bottle, thank you!) We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread!

Please RSVP here in this thread… or hotglass@midcoast.com or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , right across the street, offers a year-round 20% off Playing with Fire! rate to our students/guests----group/s share/s with the larger suite/s is possible. (room-shares may be coordinated here in this thread, or by PM too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2012-03-08 at 5:45pm.
Old 2012-03-08, 6:57pm

So far, Kristi, Pam and I are 3 of the 4 in The Granite Inn suite. We're waiting for Sonje's schedule and are hoping she's out 4th. Yep, the room is already booked for us!

I will be arriving on Sat. and leaving on Sun.

Can NOT wait!!!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2012-03-08, 7:18pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Are we drawing straws to see who has to sleep with Sue? Thank goodness for wine... lol
Old 2012-03-08, 9:34pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
Are we drawing straws to see who has to sleep with Sue? Thank goodness for wine... lol

Drawing straws is probably not necessary. She'll be so overcome with smugness in her reign as the Cribbage Queen she'll be exhausted, and the night will be blissfully restful.

But just to be sure, we'll get an extra bottle. Or two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-09, 5:20am

Quote:
sigh... guess what I found out AND ORDERED! The king size bed converts into 2 twins so I asked them to please do this for us. NOBODY gets to sleep with me this time!!!

HA HA HA on all of you.... (Man, that sounds weird now that I've typed it!)

Sue
Old 2012-03-09, 5:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! View Post
Drawing straws is probably not necessary. She'll be so overcome with smugness in her reign as the Cribbage Queen she'll be exhausted, and the night will be blissfully restful.

But just to be sure, we'll get an extra bottle. Or two.
HEYYYYYy.... I resemble that remark....

Looking forward to the jam but not sure if I want Pam and Duane to meet! One at a time is bad enough but if/when they gang up on me????

Sue
Old 2012-03-09, 5:27am

I will bring my LRC dice so if anyone wants to "gamble" with glass rods, label some rods-- be nice, don't make them ALL boring common colors. Think of colors you might have that you have enough to share a rod with someone else who may not have tried it. Think of what you'd like to win if my dice weren't crooked... uh, er, if I wasn't as lucky as I am. Yeah, that's what I meant....

I'll see about bringing a fabric rod carrier for the door prize drawings. Folks who may be there for the first time: the drawings are not required but they're fun. You do NOT have to bring something to donate but if you choose to, it's always fun to go through drawing names twice... and that was a one time fluke that I missed one name and got someone else in twice - and no it wasn't my name!

The food is always "to die for." We have amazing cooks and folks are always thoughtful of Virginia's allergy to wheat. I got a fantastic recipe for pulled pork from .... someone!

If you are anywhere near Maine, the Glass Jam is THE place to be. They don't say "What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland" for nothing! (That's usually followed up by me offering information for a price!)

Please join us if you can. Believe me, it's worth the trip.

Sue
Old 2012-03-09, 7:27am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I think that I will bring supplies for a boiled dinner for Saturday. If anyone wants to bring raw carrots, potatos, etc, LMK.

I think I will have a wooden marble holder for a door prize.

If Sue loses at cribbage, it could be a long, long night.... I better bring a bottle of wine too...

Pam
Old 2012-03-09, 11:37am

Quote:
I think that I will bring supplies for a boiled dinner for Saturday. If anyone wants to bring raw carrots, potatos, etc, LMK.

I think I will have a wooden marble holder for a door prize.

If Sue loses at cribbage, it could be a long, long night.... I better bring a bottle of wine too...

Pam
I am so misunderstood.... sigh....
Old 2012-03-09, 5:25pm

EXCUSE ME??? Are you implying that she has a CHANCE of winning? NO Teriyaki chicken wings for you!

Duane
PS I guess this is an RSVP!

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-03-09, 5:27pm

Pam, I'm making the BEST marble for Sue!! I'm praying that it turns out legible!

Duane

Old 2012-03-09, 5:28pm

I will be there on Saturday. Food item yet to be determined.

Candy
Old 2012-03-09, 5:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demcc2 View Post
Pam, I'm making the BEST marble for Sue!! I'm praying that it turns out legible!

Duane
That marble had better say WINNAH on it cuz that's what I'm gonna be... the WINNAH and STILL CHAMPEEN......

Stay tuned folks. It's shaping up to be the grudge cribbage match of the year.

Sue
Old 2012-03-09, 5:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by casevent@yahoo.com View Post
I will be there on Saturday. Food item yet to be determined.

Candy
Most excellent, Candy, and welcome to LE!

Sue
Old 2012-03-09, 9:12pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Good news/ Bad news...... I didn't think I could get there until Saturday afternoon. Looks like I will be there all day!!!!!

I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Seriously, anybody interested in a boiled dinner??? Cabbage might be what I need to fight Sue's swelled head if she wins, or it might get me my own bed too!

Pam
Old 2012-03-10, 5:49am

Quote:
Good news/ Bad news...... I didn't think I could get there until Saturday afternoon. Looks like I will be there all day!!!!!

I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Seriously, anybody interested in a boiled dinner??? Cabbage might be what I need to fight Sue's swelled head if she wins, or it might get me my own bed too!

Pam
I LOVE those boiled dinners! Too bad we couldn't have it beforehand....
Two of us showing up is already bad news for Sue (she even admitted it) but to have both of us with cabbage...ummm...well, she'll be sleeping outside with the seagulls!

Duane

Old 2012-03-10, 7:49am

I can see that the Maxine graphic I chose for the top of this thread couldn't have been more appropriate!

Pam: no, it's definitely good news! and love the tacky green bead contest!

Candy: Yay, glad you can make it!

Old 2012-03-10, 8:15am

Quote:

Pam
A tacky green bead contest... ok, I'm seeing a green pecker in my near future... can it get more tacky (disgusting!) than that? lol

The suite I reserved for Saturday has 2 rooms and they'll both have twin beds. You get your own bed whether "I" have cabbage or not! And I love boiled dinners.

Quote:
I LOVE those boiled dinners! Too bad we couldn't have it beforehand....
Two of us showing up is already bad news for Sue (she even admitted it) but to have both of us with cabbage...ummm...well, she'll be sleeping outside with the seagulls!

Duane
Duane- not sure where you think you are sleeping but it isn't with us girls!!! You're on your own! You might want to advertise in this thread for a roommate to share a room at The Granite Inn. It's a great place to stay- the gourmet breakfast is worth the price of the room but single, it can be a tad more than we who like to buy glass would want to pay.

And yes, I'm envisioning you and Pam together as very bad news... Poking you both here!

Sue
Old 2012-03-10, 8:16am

Virginia!!!

Everyone is picking on me... make them behave...

sniff, sniff, sniff... tears in my eyes... borrowing Spooky's begging LOOK.

Sue
Old 2012-03-10, 10:05am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

"Duane- not sure where you think you are sleeping but it isn't with us girls!!! "

Awww.... Duane, See! Sue just really hates you and wants you to sleep out in the cold...

Last edited by pamw@sacoriver.net; 2012-03-10 at 10:09am.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:56am

Im not worried in the least...after my victory I'll be treated like a KING!

notice when I post Sue's never around?!

Duane

Old 2012-03-10, 11:13am

Quote:
Im not worried in the least...after my victory I'll be treated like a KING!

notice when I post Sue's never around?!

Duane
Treated by a KING by who??? You're dreaming, chummy... and chum is what you'll be once I kick your butt right and proper by whupping you at cribbage.

And YOUR INSULT didn't show up very well with the chicken$hit color ink you used so let me just say that
I needed my beauty sleep.... and if you're a really smart guy, you'll totally leave THAT remark alone! lol

Sue
Old 2012-03-10, 4:15pm

Quote:

Pam
Pam, what do you mean by tacky? Do you mean tacky as in FUGLY? I have some greens that don't play well with other glass...not even themselves!

Duane

Old 2012-03-10, 6:38pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I don't make the rules.... If I made them, I would just have to break them...

Do what you gotta do.... If Sue is going to make a green hoohaw, you are just going to have to think of something tackier....
Old 2012-03-10, 6:43pm

Pam- I didn't say I "could" make on but when it comes to tacky, I can't think of anything tackier! lol

I think a mug of green beer would be a great bead to make and I think there are instructions on LE somewhere- or maybe it was WetCanvas. That would be Irishly Delightfully tacky... or maybe not. Green beer makes sense... how about green eggs and ham?

I am looking forward to next weekend.

Sue
Old 2012-03-10, 6:49pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Oh, I got something pretty tacky in mind..... Sure wish I coud make the beads I see in my mind...
Old 2012-03-10, 6:51pm

Quote:
Oh, I got something pretty tacky in mind..... Sure wish I coud make the beads I see in my mind...
Oh, yeah, you and me both!

Sue
Old 2012-03-10, 7:24pm

Ok....have you guys seen my "duos" yet. I'll try to make one in green (S)

Duane

Old 2012-03-10, 7:27pm

Quote:
Ok....have you guys seen my "duos" yet. I'll try to make one in green (S)

Duane
Uh oh, I think I know what your duos are. I have been kinda sorta following the he/she guydess type threads in the potty...

To all the rest of the world: I hope Pam, Duane and I are not scaring you away from the Glass Jam. Seriously, it's a ton of fun and we all hope to see you there. Ed and Virginia are wonderful hosts and I've really been trampling all over their glass jam thread. It's cuz I'm so excited.

Please, everyone, join us if you can.

Sue
Old 2012-03-11, 5:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Uh oh, I think I know what your duos are. I have been kinda sorta following the he/she guydess type threads in the potty...
To all the rest of the world: I hope Pam, Duane and I are not scaring you away from the Glass Jam. Seriously, it's a ton of fun and we all hope to see you there. Ed and Virginia are wonderful hosts and I've really been trampling all over their glass jam thread. It's cuz I'm so excited.

Please, everyone, join us if you can.

Sue
Good morning! Exactly! I need to try them in boro because I've had aan "ankle cracking" issue with soft glass when I take them off the mandrels.

Duane