Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-02-05, 12:33pm

Question Faux Boro in Bullseye

I've read that this "iris gold with hand-pulled straw yellow" works with Moretti.

Anybody got a tip for the same effect with Bullseye? I've tried amber luster with the ambers, and not had the same effect.

Thanks--------Lynda
Old 2007-02-05, 12:42pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

try iris gold on the BE - Iris gold has lead in it, so it's pretty "flexible".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-02-05, 1:08pm

but which color would you mix it with that would be equivalent to straw yellow?? pale yellow?
Old 2007-02-05, 1:25pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I'm not sure if straw yellow is a reactive color, so this is a shot in the dark - Might want to try BE golden green odd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-02-05, 2:01pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Try the cranberry pink with silver and cased in clear. Here's one I did a couple of years ago:

Old 2007-02-05, 5:14pm

damn that's a good lookin' bead Mary Beth, i know what i'm gonna try on my next bullseye day!
i've had some interesting reactions from copper leaf on french vanilla encased. also, if you use lustres, then reduce them, then encase without burning off the reduction, that can have the boro look.
the dark aurora color can have a multi color look, and i've gotten interesting colors by using the dark aurora on a bead, rolling it in clear frit, melting, that in, then encasing with clear.
Old 2007-02-05, 10:01pm
one day at a time

BE's light amber transparent (as a base) with pulled Boro Bora/light amber stringer:
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-06, 9:25am

Those are beautiful, thank-you everyone for the information!!! I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Lisi, do you know what reduction frits make up Bora Bora?
Old 2007-02-06, 9:37am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
Those are beautiful, thank-you everyone for the information!!! I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Lisi, do you know what reduction frits make up Bora Bora?
I believe there could be iris amber green, iris yellow, iris gold, and the dark brown transparent in the mix, not sure. Dark transparent iris brown, I think?? The pinkish red is a gold ruby, I believe. The ruby turns brown on the amber glass base, so you don't really need it.

Val should haver some in her store when she opens it back up, I presume! I would check there on a regular basis. But, for now you could do this: equal mix of iris amber green, iris yellow, and iris gold, any combo of two or three and you should get some cool blues and greens! Iris amber green by itself is great! Lots of blue-greens and some amber-dark gold.

I've never pulled these frits with Effetre straw yellow or light brown transparent, but I've read that it's cool stuff.

Here's just iris amber green pulled with Effetre light amber transparent and then this stringer over a black base.
Attached Images

Old 2007-03-12, 12:42pm

I've been playng around with this a bit. The old BE chartreuse was working but if you can't find it anymore I didn't see the point in posting about it. The new chartreuse looks pretty toxic swampish so try that at your own peril.
I think this combo looks coolio. It's Green Tea trans rolled in Lt. Iris Gold frit and twisted. I think the base is Violet and it's encased.

I tried a bunch of other BE transparents but I stopped here.

Old 2007-03-12, 12:44pm
sunscreen me baby

green tea transparant?

~

Old 2007-03-12, 12:53pm

I saw Green Tea Trans on Bridgetown this morning and was curious but I hadn't had a chance to look at my color chart to see if it's known by another name. Here is the link:

http://www.bridgetownglass.com/mmcat...&sku=BE-R-1826

Old 2007-03-12, 12:58pm

That's the one. It came out as special production. I thought it made it into production? *sigh* Maybe not.

Old 2007-03-12, 1:08pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

It is a regular production color - it's one of the "tints".
Old 2007-03-12, 1:12pm
sunscreen me baby

oh, I'll have to order that next month. Thanks!

~

Old 2007-03-12, 1:18pm
sunscreen me baby

hmm, it isn't in the new catalog I just got today.

~

Old 2007-03-12, 2:47pm

Kalera would know. It looks like a good color, kind of similar to M Lt Brown trans. I'm just starting to work more with my BE and still getting to know the colors.

Old 2007-03-12, 2:54pm
sunscreen me baby

Kalera has it listed as a regular color. I'll just ask the next time I order.

~

Old 2007-03-13, 12:29pm

OK, it's not a regular production color. I just got an email back from my BE rep. She said they have a few pounds left though. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Old 2007-03-13, 1:12pm

It's probably regular production for sheet glass. They've got lots of tints in sheet that we don't have yet for rods.

I need to get some pics up of some of what I've tried here.
Old 2007-03-13, 6:21pm

Not sure just what you are looking for but don't forget the BE lusters!
They are Fab!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-03-13, 7:33pm

Default Here are some of my experiments

Forgive the poor photos. My husband usually does the camera and photoshop, but I couldn't wait. The picture titles list the glass types used. There will be 2 posts to fit all the photos.

Here goes!
Old 2007-03-13, 7:37pm

Default boro/silver effects on bullseye

Here are the rest
Attached Images