Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2012-03-07, 10:14am

Default New Question

Is there a "how to" hear abouts that will help me build/purchase/or what? a divice that would let me put my camera on an extenshion inside the photo cube so I can get shots of the beads from the top down ? I don't even know what the device would be called so I can't look it up on the net
Liz R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2012-03-07, 3:45pm

It's called a tripod extension arm and it extends the camera out horizontally. Depending on how heavy your camera is, you could also use a Photoflex telescopic Litedisc holder. These are arms that connect to a light stand or tripod and are used for holding lights, reflectors, flash or cameras out even further than an extension arm will on a tripod. They can extend out both ways so that a weight can be put on the opposite end to counter balance the weight of what ever is connected to the other end. With smaller point and shoot cameras, you probably wouldn't need the weight. They wouldn't be as stable as a tripod with an extension arm but they do work.

I have a Manfrotto Bogen tripod thta has a (I think) 18" extension arm that I can use to extend my camea out horizontal from the tripod so it can shoot at a lot more angles than if it's sitting on the ball head I have on the tripod itself.

I have also created wooden frames for tight places where my tripod wouldn't fit. I drill a hole where I want the camera to sit and use a tripod screw to screw the camera to the frame. I used a setup like this to shoot from inside a dishwasher, washing machine and intended for a refrigerator to shoot from inside looking out. You can make all kinds of frames from 1x2's and PVC pipes.

Mike
Mike
Old 2012-03-07, 4:23pm

Oh THANK YOU !!! Mike this is the information I needed. Now I know what to look for and ask for.
Liz R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2012-03-18, 7:29am
Gentleman of Leisure

IT will look something like this...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal