Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-07-13, 11:05am
Sam I Am

Default Leaves and Berries North Texas Sept 10-19

http://www.wiredupbeads.com/catalog.php?item=1363

Leaves and Berries with Nina "Sam" Hibler, September 18-19, Saturday & Sunday

Sam is teaching this special 2-day workshop just for Wired Up Beads! She will be letting you in on the secrets of the fabulous leaves and berries featured in her award winning necklaces.This will be an intense 2-day workshop covering many techniques that students will be able to add to their glass work repertoire. On Saturday students will learn to make and customize leaves of all sizes using simple tools, leaf presses and more. Sam will also teach glass color blending enhanced with dichroic glass, shaping, and a variety of ways to attach leaves for functional use with shanks and loops. On Sunday students will learn how to make raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries, to name a few. Sam will share the secret to creating a variety of berries that have a ripe and "juicy" appearance. We may even throw in a small blossom or two! Techniques covered will include sculpture, heat control, dichroic glass, custom color blending, and touch on enamels.

We will be working on GTT Cricket torches and Nortel Minor torches. Please wear the safe, appropriate attire, which includes short-sleeved cotton shirts without pockets, long cotton pants or jeans, and closed-toe shoes. Long hair should be pulled back.

Glass will be provided for use during class. Students are welcome to bring or purchase additional, specialized colors if desired. We will be working with COE 104 glass.

Date: September 18-19, Saturday & Sunday
Class Fee: $235.00
Prerequisite: Must be over 18 years old

Wow what A bargain WUBs prices are great.
Sam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-14, 9:05am
Sam I Am

some berries to tempt you.
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-19, 7:25am
Corgi Lover

Sam is a great teacher! She makes the most fabulous leaves. Maybe she will post one of her leaf necklaces that she has done with dichro! (plus i can't believe the class is soooo reasonable!)
Old 2010-08-18, 9:20am
Sam I Am

Thank you Vicki.
Here are some dichro leaves in Reds
Attached Images

Old 2010-09-10, 7:49am
Princess Tootbucket Beads

Oh Sam! I wish I could make the drive to take this class. You are truly an amazing teacher. I would recommend anyone who can make it to do so

Princess Tootbucket Beads.
Proud mom to 5 two leggers and 3 four leggers!
Old 2010-09-12, 2:45pm
Sam I Am

Thank you

She might know a bit about my teaching
Leia is a surviver of my Intermediate seminar - or bead boot camp- 8 weeks of hard work and homework but wow the end result was some beautiful beads!

AS you know Leia rocks!
I can't take the credit as she did the work but hopefully the class help her along the way.
Sam