Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-05-31, 8:03pm

Default June 18th - Floral Murrinis with John Rizzi at GracefulCustoms in Gilroy, California

John Rizzi will be returning to GracefulCustoms!

His last class was a huge hit and we're honored to have him back.

When & Where
A one day class on Saturday June 18th 2011 at Graceful Customs Studio in Gilroy, California. Gilroy is about 20min south of San Jose.

About the Class
John will be will be teaching at least 2 designs in class. First he will teach a blooming flower murrini with detailed stamen center. In the afternoon we will learn how to make a complex rose murrini. We will also practice different ways of murrini application. The class will focus on creating murrini on steal punties and heat control to get a good consistent pull of your cane.

We will use basic tools and learn how to create pattern and design in murrini from the inside out. Students should be intermediate level and have good heat control skills as we will be working off mandrel.

About the Teacher
John has been a lampwork artist for the last 9 years. He creates a variety of sculptural, wearable and decorative art pieces. John has a special interest in the art of murrini making, you can view more of his work at his website http://www.johnrizziglassworks.com
or view many of his murrini designs at his etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/JohnRizziGlassworks

Cost and Registration
To register for the class email Grace@GracefulCustoms.com. Class size is limited to 8 students. Once class reaches full capacity a waiting list will open.
Cost for the one day class is $200. Cost includes the use of the torches and supplies. Lunch is also included.

Class Schedule
Class starts promptly at 9am on Saturday June 18th. Lunch be provided at about 12noon. The afternoon session will end about 5pm. Local hotels are available for travelers.

Click here to download class flyer.

Last edited by Vincent@GracefulCustoms; 2011-06-01 at 10:06pm.
Old 2011-06-01, 1:43pm

Hi!!! I am signed up and I am looking forward to John's class and 'sharing' time with my fellow students!

Anne
Old 2011-06-01, 2:53pm
Otter

Hey Anne,

Very cool it will be nice to meet you. Last class at Grace's we had a blast
and made lots of really nice murrini.

I am really looking forward to class.

See you soon,

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murrini for Sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#R124
Old 2011-06-10, 4:31pm

Can not wait for this class, I am so excited John is coming back to visit us again...love John and his art work...
Old 2011-07-10, 9:22pm

Default Thanks John and friends!

I'm a little late writing this update, but I wanted to say thanks to all the people who participated. The murinis that people made were amazing!

Here's the Smilebox slideshow that covers the class. Check out the pictures of the cane John made!

Click here to see the slideshow!

Old 2011-07-15, 12:15pm

It was such a great Class, thanks so much John for all your talent, everyone learned so much...