LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-12, 1:20pm

Default Using a TI-Pen to electroform

I've seen mebtioned in a couple of places that you can use a TI-Pen instead of conductive paint to electroform on glass. But I haven't seen instructions of how it's done, or actually SEEN a finished product. I don't have a TI-Pen, but will buy one if this is do-able, easily. Please tell me of any experience you've had using a TI-Pen in electroforming.
Old 2012-07-12, 3:18pm
sunscreen me baby

I've seen it done. You would write on the bead in pattern and when electroformed it looks as if you added the textured stringer. Way cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-12, 6:37pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Easy way to get a TI pen is to make one. Get a 1/16" ti rod from your welding supplier and epoxy it into a dowel or use a mechanical lead holder. Send me a PM and I'll send you a short piece of Ti rod.
Old 2012-07-12, 6:40pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Never mind. I found your address in the RAOGK. Will send it out tomorrow.
Old 2012-07-12, 6:50pm

Awesome, thank you, Cheng! I didn't know it was something you could get yourself lol. I can't wait to try it!
Old 2012-07-12, 6:51pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

This is why I love this place. Such great people. That was very sweet.

I hadn't heard that you could electroform with a ti-pen instead of paint. I am going to have to try that with my pen. Does anyone have any images of how it looks as far as width of the line?

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2012-07-13, 4:00am
sunscreen me baby

Tink did it. I remember a black vessel with a lace like design around the top. I also saw some beads Pyper did. But that was in person about 5 years ago I searched yesterday and couldn't find any pictures.

~

Old 2012-07-13, 4:41am
sunscreen me baby

Found it!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10081409...l-booklet-for?

~