No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-17, 2:31pm
Otter

Default Copper and S Silver extension chain suggetions

Hey guys I am working on some bracelet and necklace designs and was wondering if any of you might have some suggestions for copper and Sterling Silver extension chain not too heavy not real fancy just nice links that would work for both neck and brac. If you have a good supplier that would be great too.

Thank you,

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murrini for Sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#R124
Old 2012-07-17, 11:00pm

Hi John,
Not sure this will be what you want, but I make extenders with split jump rings. Just add as many as you want for the length, and choose the size needed for the heaviness of the jewelry. I use the sterling ones all the time, but haven't seen any copper ones. Doing it this way saves me cut links that just need to be discarded.
Cheryl
Old 2012-07-18, 7:26am

Thunderbird has their big sale coming up next week.
http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com/supersale.aspx
If you sign up for the mailing list, they'll send you emails for specials, weekly sales and big sales.

Old 2012-07-18, 8:28am
Otter

Thank you for the suggestions Cheryl Good Idea with the slit rings never thought of that.

I will check out thunderbird and get on the mailing list thanks again,

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2012-07-19, 11:49am

I, personally, don't like the split rings because I've lost necklaces/bracelets in the past that were made with them. This can especially be a problem with heavier jewelry. I use a solid chain, with nice open links. The type really depends on the jewelry you're making. http://www.artbeads.com/925ch42.html this is they type I use most often. Not necessarily the handmade type, or even from this seller (though when I've bought from them I've been very happy). Just a round link chain. Usually about 5 mm links is good for my needs. Good luck.
Old 2012-07-21, 8:30am
Otter

Thank you Laci some good thoughts and thank you for the link,

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124